Colossal TV Show thread

shafnutz05

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:09 pm

Really? Dude was a footnote in those movies.
I suppose I meant just watching Naked Gun in general. Although, this is my favorite scene of his.

eddy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby eddy » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:00 am

First episode of Roseanne was okay. Some parts felt very forced and I wasn’t too into the political stuff. Episode 2 was great though. Felt like classic Roseanne. More of that and I’ll be happy.
I have not seen yet, but glad to hear it got going again. While the show was always political, the politics was never bigger than the show and that was my worry coming in.

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:54 am

The first episode was definitely politics overshadowing the show. The online reaction to the politics was definitely overblown, though. It wasn’t a Trump loving parade. There were as many anti-Trump jokes as there were anti-Hillary. I wasn’t into it just because it just didn’t feel like Roseanne and the cast seemed to take a while to get back in the groove.

MWB

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby MWB » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:59 am

First episode of Roseanne was okay. Some parts felt very forced and I wasn’t too into the political stuff. Episode 2 was great though. Felt like classic Roseanne. More of that and I’ll be happy.
I have not seen yet, but glad to hear it got going again. While the show was always political, the politics was never bigger than the show and that was my worry coming in.
I watched the original, and never really noticed the political stuff other than socioeconomic status.

eddy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby eddy » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:29 am

I watched the original, and never really noticed the political stuff other than socioeconomic status.
besides the occasional Bush callouts, that's more what I was getting at

MWB

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby MWB » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:00 pm

Ah, ok.

eddy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby eddy » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:35 pm

anyone watch a show on Netflix called One Day at a Time?

blackjack68

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby blackjack68 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:10 pm

With Bonnie Franklin, Valerie Bertinelli, MacKenzie Phillips and Pat Harrington?

eddy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby eddy » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:19 am

Jesus Christ Superstar was really good last night on NBC. I haven't been able to make it 20 minutes past any of the recent ones they've done, but they really nailed it (!) last night. Cast was great, commercials were not. I also am a big fan of the original rock opera, so may be partially biased.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby count2infinity » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:24 am

Better Call Saul season 3 snuck onto netflix. I didn't even realize it until I was looking this weekend.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:37 am

Noticed the same

robbiestoupe

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby robbiestoupe » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:39 am

Better Call Saul season 3 snuck onto netflix. I didn't even realize it until I was looking this weekend.
They took their sweet time getting the show on DVD. We have one more episode to go - so far it's been a good season. It's hard for me to not think back (forward?) to Breaking Bad and try to figure out who makes it out and who doesn't.

blackjack68

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby blackjack68 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:40 am

Jesus Christ Superstar was really good last night on NBC. I haven't been able to make it 20 minutes past any of the recent ones they've done, but they really nailed it (!) last night. Cast was great, commercials were not. I also am a big fan of the original rock opera, so may be partially biased.
Maybe my timing was bad, but I flipped over as they were whipping "Jesus" and counting off each stroke and then shouting crucify him the the next five minutes. Was really tedious and I clicked off.

Freddy Rumsen

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:55 am

They took their sweet time getting the show on DVD. We have one more episode to go - so far it's been a good season. It's hard for me to not think back (forward?) to Breaking Bad and try to figure out who makes it out and who doesn't.
I just started Season 3. Have they already announced how long Better Call Saul will go season and story-wise?
This may be answered in Season 3, but I am starting to think Chuck and/or Kim Wexler get killed by Tuco or Tio's gang at some point.

eddy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby eddy » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:55 am

Maybe my timing was bad, but I flipped over as they were whipping "Jesus" and counting off each stroke and then shouting crucify him the the next five minutes. Was really tedious and I clicked off.
have you ever seen the movie or listened to the album? The entire thing is pretty crazy, I'm pretty sure there are tanks in the movie. Wife and I said to each other last night while watching, I can't imagine how many people tuned into this not knowing anything about it and being completely puzzled. It's waaaaaaay out there and definitely not for everyone. The broadway show is a lot of fun too.

robbiestoupe

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby robbiestoupe » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:06 am

I just started Season 3. Have they already announced how long Better Call Saul will go season and story-wise?
This may be answered in Season 3, but I am starting to think Chuck and/or Kim Wexler get killed by Tuco or Tio's gang at some point.
I am not sure if they have announced how many seasons they will need to complete the story. I do know they mentioned there may be some cameos from Jessie and/or Walt at some point, but we haven't seen that yet. It appears there may be a little bit of chronological overlap between BCS/BB, but the main focus will be elsewhere at the time.
Obviously we know that neither Kim nor Chuck make it to Breaking Bad fame, but we don't know if they are killed or if they become so far removed from Jimmy/Saul, that they are no longer part of his life. I'm thinking they live, but he really pisses them off. Nacho on the other hand...

Further spoiler on Season 3
It seems obvious they want to tell the story of how Hector Salamanca became handicapped. So far, I haven't seen it

MWB

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby MWB » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:41 pm

Season 3 is much better than season 2 of Better Call Saul.

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:53 am

Stephen King’s The Stand to be adapted as 10-hour limited series
by CBS All Access

dodint

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby dodint » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:35 am

Oh, that will go the way of 11/22/63, then. I won't see it.

shafnutz05

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:49 pm

Ugh....NTP's post sums that up perfectly. That was my exact reaction reading through that.

meecrofilm

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby meecrofilm » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:25 pm

Concur. And yeah, I think the original 1970 recording holds its own as one of the best rock albums/operas from that time.

dodint

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby dodint » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:14 pm

S10E3 of Roseanne is much better, starting to get their timing and pacing back.

Freddy Rumsen

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:34 pm

I am not sure if they have announced how many seasons they will need to complete the story. I do know they mentioned there may be some cameos from Jessie and/or Walt at some point, but we haven't seen that yet. It appears there may be a little bit of chronological overlap between BCS/BB, but the main focus will be elsewhere at the time.
Obviously we know that neither Kim nor Chuck make it to Breaking Bad fame, but we don't know if they are killed or if they become so far removed from Jimmy/Saul, that they are no longer part of his life. I'm thinking they live, but he really pisses them off. Nacho on the other hand...

Further spoiler on Season 3
It seems obvious they want to tell the story of how Hector Salamanca became handicapped. So far, I haven't seen it
Episode 4 and 5
The scenes with Hector and Fring in the restaraunt was unreal.

Though the episode in the courtroom, that scene at the end when Jimmy does in his brother. My goodness.

MWB

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby MWB » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:58 pm

Finished season 3 is Saul.
I think Chuck ends up dead, sooner rather than later. Kim probably lives, but moves far away. It was cool seeing so many of the fringe characters make appearances this year. Makes me want to rewatch BB.

blackjack68

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby blackjack68 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:33 am

Anyone watch the premiere of The Last OG with Tracy Morgan on TBS?

I’ll watch the second one.