NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:16 am

**** Netflix, long live Daredevil.

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:16 am

Also, from Charlie Cox:
The series’ abrupt end caught Cox by surprise. “A lot of us really expected to keep going, and I certainly did,” he tells EW. “The truth is, I felt like we had a lot of stories to tell, and although I understand [the cancellation], I’m very saddened by that.

“It’s just how business works,” he continues. “But also, these characters mean a lot to people. It’s weird to think there’s a chance I won’t be playing Matt Murdock ever again. That’s a bizarre feeling, because that character has been such a huge part of my life for the last four and a half years.”

Playing lawyer Matt (by day) and the Devil of Hell’s Kitchen (by night) was a “dream job,” Cox says, ever since he was cast the summer of 2014. “I loved it,” he confesses. “It’s been just the most incredible job for me. It’s so fun to do. You get to do all the acting obviously, which is great, but then there’s also this really fun physical aspect to it with all the stunts and the fight choreography.”

As much as he looked forward to season 4, Cox is careful not to speculate on potential arcs for Matt following the season 3 finale, which saw him defeat Wilson Fisk (Vincent D’Onofrio) and happily reunite with Foggy (Elden Henson) and Karen (Deborah Ann Woll). “I hate to be boring, but to be honest, I don’t think I should answer that,” he says. “It’s so new, the news. It’s quite painful for quite a lot of people. I was really excited about the ideas that were talked about for season 4, and I think if I was to speculate about it and it went on the internet, it might not be very helpful to people.… Anything I say often gets picked up and circulated, and I just want to make sure I don’t give any false hope.”

Still, Cox admits he would want to play the character again. “Oh my God, yeah,” he replies when asked whether he’d be up for returning to the role if given the chance. “I don’t know how this would happen, but maybe one day we could pick up the baton and do it again.”

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:08 am

Finished Narcos: Mexico

Fantastico

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:41 pm

@Silentom
Fox’s The Orville and Freeform’s Good Trouble are yet to launch their second and first season, respectively, but the series look well positioned to get a renewal for another season after that.

In the latest round of California TV tax credits, Seth MacFarlane’s space dramedy was approved to receive $15.8 million for a third season, up from the $14.5 million incentive it got for Season 2. Good Trouble, a sequel to Freeform’s The Fosters, qualified for a $6.6 million Season 2 credit, up from $4.2 million for Season 1.

MWB

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby MWB » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:00 am

Finished Narcos: Mexico

Fantastico
Still have one episode left, but agreed. I’d put it just ahead of the original.

Gaucho

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Gaucho » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:03 am

3 episodes left.

DigitalGypsy66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:29 am

Narcos: Mexico (Don't read this unless you've finished the season. Seriously. :lol: )
I've struggled to finish it because I read an article that spoiled the ending in the first or second sentence a day or two after this season's release. I know I should have known better, but it was not technically a review, but an article comparing the various seasons and actors. It really pissed me off, and I don't want to watch it to see Kiki get tortured.

Freddy Rumsen

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:49 pm

Narcos: Mexico (Don't read this unless you've finished the season. Seriously. :lol: )
I've struggled to finish it because I read an article that spoiled the ending in the first or second sentence a day or two after this season's release. I know I should have known better, but it was not technically a review, but an article comparing the various seasons and actors. It really pissed me off, and I don't want to watch it to see Kiki get tortured.
They mentioned Kiki's death in the first season of the original NARCOS as to how the gloves were taken off and the DEA was allowed to do more with a bigger budget.

But yeah, knowing what happens takes some fun out of it.

It is worth it to see the events of the end of the season.

PFiDC

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby PFiDC » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:50 pm

Castle Rock (I know I'm late) is absolutely fantastic. Really great for King fans.

Spangler
Location: Spangler the t-shirt; Spangler the lunchbox; Spangler the flamethrower!

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Spangler » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:13 pm

I’d really like to see Daredevil and even the Punisher show in a Marvel movie.

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:17 pm

I’d really like to see Daredevil and even the Punisher show in a Marvel movie.
A four hour movie, at least.

Troy Loney

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Troy Loney » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:04 am

They mentioned Kiki's death in the first season of the original NARCOS as to how the gloves were taken off and the DEA was allowed to do more with a bigger budget.

Kiki getting tortured and killed was the best part of the show. Dude was a lame ass.

DigitalGypsy66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:09 am

Kiki getting tortured and killed was the best part of the show. Dude was a lame ass.
It's funny - after reading this thread, a friend on Facebook had a rant about how Michael Pena was too lightweight for the role, etc. I hadn't thought of it like that...but yeah, he was pretty lame. I guess I felt bad because he had young kids. :lol:

Troy Loney

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Troy Loney » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:13 am

He's definitely a better actor than the turd they had playing the DEA agent in the first series. My gripe was way more with the script than the acting.
The only scene with him that was at least somewhat interesting or revealing was when he snuck in with the crop workers to learn about the drug field.

Dickie Dunn

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:29 am

Narcos Mexico has been good. One thing though, and I think I knew this through the entirety of the prior Narcos seasons, but it didn't seem to stick out as much as it does now. The contrast between how interesting all the criminals are, and what dullards all the US DEA agents are.
Thanks to the original Narcos I've read about 10 books on the history of the cartels (reading El Narco right now, which I recommend) and something they note about the DEA in the mid-80's is true. That it wasn't exactly a real agency and they had like 7th tier law enforcement guys at the beginning.
My wife read El Narco for her U.S. and Mexican History class at Duquesne. Fantastic book.

NAN

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NAN » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:22 am

I forgot Vikings started. Damn.

DigitalGypsy66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:17 am

That's another show I loved but forgot about completely. Must be a couple of seasons ago. Is it still good?

NAN

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NAN » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:26 am

That's another show I loved but forgot about completely. Must be a couple of seasons ago. Is it still good?
I still enjoy it. The issue is they have such long breaks you kind of forgot what was going on.

If you've been out a few seasons though, the cast is almost completely different as there have been time jumps and a lot of **** going on. I think there are only 3 original cast members.

DigitalGypsy66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:14 pm

I could've sworn someone mentioned watching Bodyguard here, but the search yields nada.

Good show, like a police procedural crossed with Homeland.

I recognized the actress playing the ex-wife of the lead actor (Robb Stark), but I couldn't place her... until she let loose with a streak of profanities. It's Ada Shelby, from Peaky Blinders! 😂

Freddy Rumsen

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:01 pm

Started watching an overwrought paint-by-numbers mob drama starring Kim Coates from Sons of Anarchy and Anthony Paglia set in Montreal on Netflix.

shafnutz05

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:14 pm

My daughter has really gotten into Transformers: Rescue Bots. It's fairly entertaining.

eddy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby eddy » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:17 pm

My daughter has really gotten into Transformers: Rescue Bots. It's fairly entertaining.
:thumb:

My youngest was a huge fan. That theme song gets stuck in your head. I enjoyed it.

Viva la Ben

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Viva la Ben » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:27 pm

Netflix shares first look photos of #TheDarkCrystal: Age of Resistance & announces an incredible voice cast including:

Taron Egerton
Anya Taylor-Joy
Nathalie Emmanuel
Alicia Vikander
Mark Hamill
Helena Bonham-Carter
Natalie Dormer
Keegan-Michael Key
Simon Pegg
Andy Samberg
https://twitter.com/RottenTomatoes/stat ... 61984?s=20

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:13 pm

Simon Pegg? I’m in.

eddy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby eddy » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:43 am

finally finished up the last Capaldi Doctor Who run. Man, that last season was brutal. I like him as a doctor, but he never had much to work with. Looking forward to the new season