Colossal TV Show thread

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:29 pm

Fwiw, if your cable provider gets Pop TV, you can stream it right now from the app, or cast it from the website via your phone.

blackjack68

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby blackjack68 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:18 pm

Anyone discussing Ratched from Netflix yet?

dodint

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby dodint » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:23 pm

Looks interesting, but might be slightly too out there for me.

Eddy might like it.

blackjack68

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby blackjack68 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:30 pm

Yeah, I was looking to get some feedback before starting it.

blackjack68

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby blackjack68 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:29 pm

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:13 am

How is that 7 minutes long?

I still maintain that streaming is just fine how it is right now. You don't have to sub to every single one. Actually, not only do you not have to, but doing so would be incredibly stupid. Sub to the one that currently has the show you want to watch. Watch that show, then unsub. Rinse & repeat. All these streaming services are allowing for an unprecedented amount of actual good content. And instead of jumping around and enjoying that good content, we're going to dodint about how many services there are? **** that.

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:59 pm

Simon Pegg and Nick Frost? Hellz to the yeah.

pens9192

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby pens9192 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:20 pm

I still maintain that streaming is just fine how it is right now. You don't have to sub to every single one. Actually, not only do you not have to, but doing so would be incredibly stupid. Sub to the one that currently has the show you want to watch. Watch that show, then unsub. Rinse & repeat. All these streaming services are allowing for an unprecedented amount of actual good content. And instead of jumping around and enjoying that good content, we're going to dodint about how many services there are? **** that.
Doesn't bother me. If I want to watch a show, I go and lookup what (if any) streaming service it is on. Subscribe for a month to watch it and some other stuff maybe and then I cancel. Its pretty easy to do. It would be nice if it was all together in one or two places like how it was with Netflix and Amazon for awhile, but I understand the business side.

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:01 pm

Anybody watching the Great Pottery Throwdown on HBO Max? It’s from the creators of Great British Bake-off so if you like that, this will feel very familiar. We just finished the first season. The best part is the male judge, who tends to cry when he really approves of a piece. It’s great TV.

shafnutz05

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:18 am

:thumb:

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:48 am

I've had Netflix forever (back to DVD days) and signed up for the Hulu/ESPN/Disney+ bundle because I already subbed ESPN and got Disney+ to watch Mandalorian but my kids watch it all the time. Have Amazon Prime as well for other things unrelated to streaming.

DigitalGypsy66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:22 pm

Sure, I'll believe it when I see it. :lol:

Also, in other superhero news, The Boys season two has been good. It was a conscious decision by producers to drip feed the episodes weekly, not Amazon management. The show runners want the show to last a little longer as a conversation piece, which makes sense to me, even if I don't like it. Shows on other services drop 10, 12 episodes on a Friday night and by the next weekend, no one is talking about them any longer.

Also, season 2 episode 6
Love Sausage!!! :lol: When I saw it on screen, I thought "Man, that looks like a penis..." Yup, that's what it was. :lol:

eddy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby eddy » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:30 pm

I believe I saw they were doing a spin-off of the boys as well. Something with a superhero college, I think they referred to it as sky high for adults which got my attention.

eddy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby eddy » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:35 pm

Anybody watching the Great Pottery Throwdown on HBO Max? It’s from the creators of Great British Bake-off so if you like that, this will feel very familiar. We just finished the first season. The best part is the male judge, who tends to cry when he really approves of a piece. It’s great TV.
We tried watching this last night, but I couldn't find it and here it's on hbo max and not just hbo. So dumb that you can't get it on Roku or Amazon yet.

Jim

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Jim » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:39 pm

We tried watching this last night, but I couldn't find it and here it's on hbo max and not just hbo. So dumb that you can't get it on Roku or Amazon yet.
Did the OP mean to type "grating tv" but it got incorrectly auto-corrected to "great tv"?

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:41 pm

Did the OP mean to type "grating tv" but it got incorrectly auto-corrected to "great tv"?
Nope. It's actually quite the opposite. Very pleasant. I especially like how these shows don't manufacture drama and the contestants genuinely help each other out.

eddy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby eddy » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:42 pm

If it's from the creators of GBBO, then great tv was intended I'm sure. That is one of the most relaxing and peaceful tv shows I've ever watched.

eddy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby eddy » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:42 pm

Nope. It's actually quite the opposite. Very pleasant. I especially like how these shows don't manufacture drama and the contestants genuinely help each other out.

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:46 pm

It's really fantastic. On the latest episode, the male judge (whose name I now know is Keith Brymer Jones) broke down to tears after seeing a particularly nice pot that was glazed in a pit fire.

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:48 am

Dickie Dunn

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:54 pm

Holy **** what an episode of The Boys.

DigitalGypsy66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:55 pm

This new Utopia is dark AF. Didn't expect that, at all. I wasn't aware of the UK original.

But yikes, it's dark.

DigitalGypsy66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:30 pm

So NatGeo via Disney+ has The Right Stuff TV series coming out next month? I'm in on that.

@Shyster (not sure if he visits over here)

Let's go right through Apollo 17, although From the Earth to the Moon does a great job of that time period.

Shyster

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Shyster » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:54 pm

The Right Stuff is a book that I've been meaning to read.

eddy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby eddy » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:30 am

Watched a couple episodes of the chef show and it's a pretty fun watch. Gwyneth paltrow being the first guest was terrible, but it definitely got better after her.