Colossal TV Show thread

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:08 pm

Would Always Sunny be better, worse or the same if DeVito never joins the cast?

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:12 pm

Worse. Definitely worse.

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:46 pm

Yeah easily worse. The first few seasons are really good for sure, but it doesn’t truly become Sunny until Frank gets real weird with it.

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:38 am

Curb was pretty good. Just one pretty tho.

Weird thing:
Very strange seeing Albert Brooks on the show, playing himself, when his brother played a character on it for so long. AB (lol) was good on it, but it felt odd. RIP Bob Einstein.
Pretty good first episode, I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but something seemed a little off. It felt more scripted than normal or something, I don't know. Glad it's back.
When Leon's girlfriend walked into the pane of glass, and they panned over to Larry, I just about lost it. Best scene in the episode.

dodint

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby dodint » Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:40 am

I forgot Curb is released weekly. Dove into that Season 11 tab thinking I was going to be there a few hours and there was only one episode. :lol:

NAN

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NAN » Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:31 am

Wife and I finally catching up on the final season of Superstore 1 year later. That first episode of the season was hilarous. Just the last 18 months rolled up into 22 minutes. And it was so true.

genoscoif

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby genoscoif » Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:44 am

I'm almost through the first season of Miracle Workers (Mr. Pink and Harry Potter), and i'm still not sure if i like it or not. Great premise IMO, good/funny acting, decent 'setting', but it just kinda doesn't come together? I dunno...i'll keep watching cause they're 20 minute episodes and a decent bedtime show. Definitely has a 'The Good Place' vibe to it. Just.....odd.

DigitalGypsy66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:29 pm

TIL Tiffany Haddish played stripper #3 on IASIP season 2, episode 1. :lol:

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:42 pm

finished Squid Game. Episode 6 was legitimately good television but the whole series is...meh. It's entertaining but I wouldn't call it good. The acting is good at least

robbiestoupe

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby robbiestoupe » Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:23 am

Squid Game is so popular it has creeped into my son's video games that are sanctioned by his school. Kid is freaking 7 years old. He doesn't need to learn anything about Squid Game, not even tangentially.

NAN

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NAN » Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:28 am

I'm almost done with season 3 of the Sopranos. I just keep thinking, in todays world, they wouldn't be able to do 95% of the stuff they do with cameras literally everywhere, included cell phones. And yes, I know a lot of what they do is out there in the first place, but man.

LeopardLetang

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby LeopardLetang » Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:23 am

Valid question though. The comedy of his character lands the least for me. When it's too extreme it turns me off. But. There's too much gold involving him. So I thought I wanted to be contrary and say worse or the same but it's clearly better.

NAN

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NAN » Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:26 am

worse. He and Charlie make beautiful music together.

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:19 pm

Noice.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:28 pm

Valid question though. The comedy of his character lands the least for me. When it's too extreme it turns me off. But. There's too much gold involving him. So I thought I wanted to be contrary and say worse or the same but it's clearly better.
yeah this is where I am

Frank is definitely a funny character and he’s a net positive but I think he also tends to be the most flanderized. It’s interesting to read that the gang were opposed to the production company adding a big name to the cast for season 2

shmenguin

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby shmenguin » Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:33 pm

Take away Mac from the last season and it’s a net win. But that’s the only time you could say that about any of the actors/characters.

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby LITT » Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:04 pm

half way thru the final episode of squid games.
im puzzled about the splitting-the-prize-money thing. why did the players continue to think multiple winners and a split pot was an option? the masked people were pretty clear on clarifying rules the whole time and it was apparent that if people wanted to stop playing without a winner that the prize money went to the dead's families

meecrofilm

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby meecrofilm » Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:38 pm

Ditto the praise for "Only Murders in the Building." I'll always have time for the two Martins doing their thing -- they're in fine form. Gomez was surprisingly serviceable as well. I didn't looooove it, but it was solid overall, and I'll watch a S2
Did anybody else (or any non-bassoon players) "Columbo/SVU" the killer as Amy Ryan solely via the opening credits? Throughout the first few eps my roomie and I were like "how is she getting a 'With' credit, she's barely been in the show so fa-- ohhhh wait"

eddy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby eddy » Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:07 am

NAN

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NAN » Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:35 am

I'm now on season 4 of the Sopranos. Man, everytime I watch that show, I want a plate of pasta. The food looks so damn good.

DigitalGypsy66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:36 am

Forgot that was even in production. The book was great.

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:18 pm

Sunny returns for season 15 on 12/1.

tifosi77

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:27 pm

Ditto the praise for "Only Murders in the Building." I'll always have time for the two Martins doing their thing -- they're in fine form. Gomez was surprisingly serviceable as well. I didn't looooove it, but it was solid overall, and I'll watch a S2
Did anybody else (or any non-bassoon players) "Columbo/SVU" the killer as Amy Ryan solely via the opening credits? Throughout the first few eps my roomie and I were like "how is she getting a 'With' credit, she's barely been in the show so fa-- ohhhh wait"
I believe she only gets screen credit for the episodes she appears in, same as Tiedye Guy. Every episode's title sequence is bespoke and contains a small easter egg for that episode.

But CBear and I both ID'd
the bassoon cleaner
ahead of the reveal in the story, so we have that going for us. :lol:

meecrofilm

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby meecrofilm » Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:01 pm

I believe she only gets screen credit for the episodes she appears in, same as Tiedye Guy. Every episode's title sequence is bespoke and contains a small easter egg for that episode.

But CBear and I both ID'd
the bassoon cleaner
ahead of the reveal in the story, so we have that going for us. :lol:
Pretty sure she's in the opening sequence for every one (I just went back and checked the first one anyway since my roommate was convinced Selena Gomez didn't enter the elevator in the lobby and I had to confirm I was right that she did). But yeah I remember us making a big deal about "where is Amy Ryan? Tina Fey's had more screen time than her and we're like halfway through."

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:55 am

Chase finally explained the Sopranos ending:
"Because the scene I had in my mind was not that scene. Nor did I think of cutting to black. I had a scene in which Tony comes back from a meeting in New York in his car. At the beginning of every show, he came from New York into New Jersey, and the last scene could be him coming from New Jersey back into New York for a meeting at which he was going to be killed. Yeah. But I think I had this notion—I was driving on Ocean Park Boulevard near the airport and I saw a little restaurant. It was kind of like a shack that served breakfast. And for some reason I thought, “Tony should get it in a place like that.” Why? I don’t know. That was, like, two years before."
Still, **** him.