Colossal TV Show thread

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:25 pm

I started watching The Rehearsal. It is…redonculous

Honestly it’s almost hard for me to watch because of how awkward it is and how great Nathan’s character is. I don’t get how he doesn’t break at all. I would be rolling on the floor laughing at some of this ****. The roommates fighting in the second episode was one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen

tifosi77

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:28 pm

OMITB Se2, Ep8
So it looks like I might be right about Kreps; not sure if he's the killer or if he's trying to steal evidence and 'solve' case or what. I'm not confident of the latter explanation - stealing evidence is one thing, physically menacing people is something else. If he is not deeply involved they are going a little too far out of their way to throw a dummy imo.

Either way, it still doesn't answer motive. I'm still leaning towards criminal enterprise involving the attempted theft of the Rose Cooper painting, which sort of by default would almost have to implicate Alice. But now we have Sneezy McBroadway showing up, and I'm not sure what to make of him. Seems convenient that this guy appears out of nowhere with a cat allergy and is literally only the second character to sneeze on-camera all season. (All 'sneeze'-on, haha) I'm also no longer sure Superfan Marv is just a misunderstood nice guy with altruistic goals of family reconciliation; I think he might actually be the 6th Avenue Slasher, but that opens a whole other can of worms not directly related to Bunny Folger's demise, and might be a potential setup for Season 3.

At this stage, I would believe there are as many as 4 or 5 conspirators.
I'm on the same page as you with all of this.
Same
Well..................... that took a turn. :lol:

OMITB Se2, Ep9
Still unclear what role the Cooper painting has to play, but I was glad to see Shirley MacLaine back. The reveal of the hidden painting on the heels of Charles saying he didn't think his father was a good man was extremely good writing imo, as was the reveal of the real DNA results for Oliver.

People had put Cinda Canning forward as sus earlier and I was like "Naw", but turns out prolly "Yup". Whether she's involved with Bunny's death or just framing The OG Three for ratings, or if Kreps is trying to do a Fredo Corleone and show how smaht he is by taking what he learned from Cinda in Oklahoma and applying it to his day job and Cinda is just a sideline player. The real identity of Poppy was a tremendous twist that had better lead to a good payoff because what a great left field setup. Wow.

Gaucho

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Gaucho » Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:37 am

eddy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby eddy » Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:23 am

I started watching The Rehearsal. It is…redonculous

Honestly it’s almost hard for me to watch because of how awkward it is and how great Nathan’s character is. I don’t get how he doesn’t break at all. I would be rolling on the floor laughing at some of this ****. The roommates fighting in the second episode was one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen
I watched 2 more episodes last night, absolutely insane.

Viva la Ben

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Viva la Ben » Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:29 am

DigitalGypsy66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:37 am

Finally watched the season finale of For All Mankind and like, WTF!?
I just started the season, halfway through the second episode. I almost had the finale spoiled for me from some rando I follow on Twitter. Very little chatter about the show in my social media feeds, so I thought I was safe. Guess not. :roll:

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:56 pm

I'm almost finished with season 2 of Raised by Wolves. I really enjoy the show, and regardless of how this season ends, would have liked to have gotten a third season.
This show is nuts. I haven't seen S2 yet, but am looking forward to it. Love how out there this thing goes.
Finished S02 today. Really enjoyed it, but the **** show ends with so much unresolved. All they needed was one more season to wrap things up.

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:07 am

Anyone here watch Reservation Dogs? The trailers I've seen all look good, so I'm grabbing S01 now.

eddy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby eddy » Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:24 am

Anyone here watch Reservation Dogs? The trailers I've seen all look good, so I'm grabbing S01 now.
I've enjoyed what I've seen so far. Definitely seems to be getting better as it goes along

DigitalGypsy66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:46 pm

A very tiny snippet of the Last of Us is at 1:40 of this Twitter video. Also note that Warrior is listed as an HBO show. There was some concern that it wasn't making the cut after the merger.

meecrofilm

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby meecrofilm » Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:16 pm

Also note that Warrior is listed as an HBO show. There was some concern that it wasn't making the cut after the merger.
:thumb: :fist:

tifosi77

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:42 pm

A very tiny snippet of the Last of Us is at 1:40 of this Twitter video. Also note that Warrior is listed as an HBO show. There was some concern that it wasn't making the cut after the merger.

The Last Of Us is one of my all-time favorite properties, all I ask is they do right by it. I can only hope it's a strong statement of intent having that scene be the first bit of dialog released.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:00 pm

just finished The Rehearsal. Nathan Fielder is great. It’s such an insane, off the wall type of show but it’s wonderfully entertaining and hilarious.

DigitalGypsy66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:13 pm

I don't get media streaming rights. Abbott Elementary - an ABC show on Hulu - is also now on HBO Max. I know it's temporary to HBO, but it's strange. If you haven't watched it, it's very funny. Never thought I would bother with a network sitcom again, but it's really good.

I haven't watched the Sandman yet, but I've heard really good things about it. It was the most streamed show on Netflix during its debut week, but Neil Gaiman was interviewed and said he wasn't sure that was enough to get a second season. If Netflix drops the ball on this...I don't know what to say.

I also think the drop all the episodes at once model hurts the long-term focus of the show on social media and water cooler talk. The Sandman had a "surprise" 11th episode drop after the first 10 were out, which is good, but I do think they need to start moving towards weekly releases for these big IP projects.

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:13 pm

Abbott Elementary started out slow, but really picked up as it went on. My wife and I love it.

robbiestoupe

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby robbiestoupe » Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:22 pm

I know 90% of people here probably don't care, but my wife and I have really enjoyed The Chosen. A very humanistic view of Jesus and his disciples, and what the Jews were going through at the time. The writers have taken some creative liberties at filling in the blanks of history where necessary with a bit of sarcastic humor sprinkled in to give the show more of a modern feel.

shoeshine boy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby shoeshine boy » Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:30 pm

I also think the drop all the episodes at once model hurts the long-term focus of the show on social media and water cooler talk. The Sandman had a "surprise" 11th episode drop after the first 10 were out, which is good, but I do think they need to start moving towards weekly releases for these big IP projects.
100% agree on this. back when Orange Is The New Black was all the rage it was frustrating to be done with an entire season in a few weeks and then have to wait (oftentimes) over a year for the next season to come out. yes, I know that I don't have to watch them all at once but let's face it, everyone is going to. I'm also frustrated that for most of these shows, 10-13 episodes is a season. for network shows like say, ER or Grey's Anatomy, Chicago Fire/Med/PD the seasons are 20+ episodes

Beveridge

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Beveridge » Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:34 pm

16 is the perfect number for a season as long as they are aired in a couple consecutive segments (2 8 week periods or a 10 week and 6 week, etc). I hate network TV because once you get to the holidays, it's a complete cluster from then until season end for when new episodes show up. I DVR everything anymore so it doesn't matter as much, but still infuriating.

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:37 pm

16 is the perfect number for a season as long as they are aired in a couple consecutive segments (2 8 week periods or a 10 week and 6 week, etc). I hate network TV because once you get to the holidays, it's a complete cluster from then until season end for when new episodes show up. I DVR everything anymore so it doesn't matter as much, but still infuriating.
Agreed 100%. **** that 10 episode season bullshit.

Beveridge

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Beveridge » Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:45 pm

It helped that that I loved the content, but I loved the way USA did it with Psych, White Collar, Royal Pains, Suits, etc. You'd get 8-10 episodes in consecutive weeks, a ~3 month break, finish the season and then a ~4 to 5 month break until new season started. Perfect.

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:48 pm

Yes, I agree, they should bring Psych back to continue the series while also continuing to make movies.

Kane

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Kane » Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:54 pm

Dickie Dunn

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:20 pm

I don't get media streaming rights. Abbott Elementary - an ABC show on Hulu - is also now on HBO Max. I know it's temporary to HBO, but it's strange. If you haven't watched it, it's very funny. Never thought I would bother with a network sitcom again, but it's really good.
Looks like it's a joint production between 20th Television and Warner Brothers Television Studio, so at least there's some reasoning. We've covered this before, but **** like Harry Potter bouncing around from streaming service to streaming service always boggles my mind.

I had a similar stance on network sitcoms, but found Home Economics to be quite enjoyable.

eddy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby eddy » Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:37 pm

just finished The Rehearsal. Nathan Fielder is great. It’s such an insane, off the wall type of show but it’s wonderfully entertaining and hilarious.
I have last episode to go, but my wife couldn't take another night listening to Angela's voice. I can't wait to see what happens. That show is not right.

Gaucho

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Gaucho » Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:52 pm

The Boys is full of surprises. Sheesh ...