Colossal TV Show thread

NAN

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NAN » Tue May 03, 2022 1:41 pm

I started watching Wynonna Earp last night on Netflix. Something different. I thought the first episode was pretty good.

Anyone ever watch?

Troy Loney

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Troy Loney » Tue May 03, 2022 1:49 pm

Ozark finale:
Damn, I wanted Ruth to make it. The love/hate turn she and Wendy took for me was the opposite of how everything started.
It was interesting to see the shift in Marty/Wendy at the end there as well. Just glad Marty made it, or I may have rioted.

Secretly glad I'll never have to hear "We are this close to getting out!" again - it was almost comical by the end.
Was very happy seeing Ruth killed, she deserved it for too long

Didn't think much of Camilla entering the fold like that so late

It is pretty amazing how many problems were resolved in that show by just shooting someone, and it's hard to reconcile how certain deaths cause major downstream problems (Ben/Helen), but others just have no fallout (KC mob guy and Darlene)

eddy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby eddy » Tue May 03, 2022 2:04 pm

That Weird Al thing looks amazing. And eddy, if you're a fan of his, I hope you've seen damn near most of the movies he's done in the last 5-7 years. They're just a lot of fun.
Oh yeah, only one I haven't seen that I want to still is guns akimbo or something like that? Love the movies he's in after the Harry Potter stuff. He's killing it.

I didn't realize there are different time periods to Miracle Workers, that's going to be fun. No idea how I missed this show

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Tue May 03, 2022 2:05 pm

Guns Akimbo was a lot of fun, yeah. :thumb:

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Tue May 03, 2022 2:07 pm

Source of the post I didn't realize there are different time periods to Miracle Workers, that's going to be fun. No idea how I missed this show
First was the future, then the dark ages, and most recently the Oregon Trail. The show just gets better every season, and my wife and I are trying to guess which era is next. I'm hoping for the 80s, because I think that would be a shitload of fun with this cast.

eddy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby eddy » Tue May 03, 2022 2:09 pm

Source of the post I didn't realize there are different time periods to Miracle Workers, that's going to be fun. No idea how I missed this show
First was the future, then the dark ages, and most recently the Oregon Trail. The show just gets better every season, and my wife and I are trying to guess which era is next. I'm hoping for the 80s, because I think that would be a shitload of fun with this cast.
Oh wow, holy ****, that's awesome. Steve Buscemi as God is killing me. He's so funny

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Wed May 04, 2022 3:23 pm

I guess I missed the announcements, but I found two more of my shows on Netflix had been cancelled, with a third still in limbo. I really **** hate them.

Dickie Dunn

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Thu May 05, 2022 12:19 pm

Bosch: Legacy renewed for a second season.

DigitalGypsy66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Thu May 05, 2022 12:20 pm

Bosch: Legacy renewed for a second season.
First episodes air tomorrow. Nice to get a renewal before it even airs. :lol:

Gaucho

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Gaucho » Thu May 05, 2022 12:29 pm

:thumb:

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby LITT » Thu May 05, 2022 10:51 pm

Ozark finale:
Damn, I wanted Ruth to make it. The love/hate turn she and Wendy took for me was the opposite of how everything started.
It was interesting to see the shift in Marty/Wendy at the end there as well. Just glad Marty made it, or I may have rioted.

Secretly glad I'll never have to hear "We are this close to getting out!" again - it was almost comical by the end.
One of the few Netflix shows that had a satisfying conclusion at the proper time. I don't know if we'll see that happen ever again.
Why did she get out of the car when she got back to her home

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby LITT » Thu May 05, 2022 10:53 pm

Ozark finale:

Was very happy seeing Ruth killed, she deserved it for too long

Didn't think much of Camilla entering the fold like that so late

It is pretty amazing how many problems were resolved in that show by just shooting someone, and it's hard to reconcile how certain deaths cause major downstream problems (Ben/Helen), but others just have no fallout (KC mob guy and Darlene)
I think the Darlene (Wyatt too) killing had a huge fall out - Ruth went for javi and changed the whole trajectory

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Fri May 06, 2022 6:40 am

‘Blockbuster’: See Randall Park & Melissa Fumero in Netflix’s Workplace Comedy

After leaving Harvard after one semester to start a family, Eliza’s life didn’t go exactly as planned and with her marriage to her high school sweetheart on the rocks, there’s a lot of uncertainty in the air. Despite the differences that she, Timmy, and Blockbuster’s other employees might have, they make one fun team.

Along with Park and Fumero, the series stars Tyler Alvarez, Madeleine Arthur, Olga Merediz, JB Smoove, and Kamaia Fairburn. the show is produced by Universal Television, a division of Universal Studio Group. Blockbuster is created by Superstore and Brooklyn Nine-Nine‘s Vanessa Ramos with Davis Caspe (Happy Endings, Black Monday) and Jackie Clarke (Superstore, Happy Endings) serving as writers and executive producers alongside Ramos. Meanwhile, John Davis and John Fox also executive produce.
Good cast, so I'm game.

MR25

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby MR25 » Fri May 06, 2022 7:04 am

Ozark finale:

One of the few Netflix shows that had a satisfying conclusion at the proper time. I don't know if we'll see that happen ever again.
I feel only slightly unsatisfied, but I think I was assuming Marty and Wendy were going to lose/get their comeuppance. Things just seemed to come together too neatly at the end.

I also read a theory that the whole thing was a dream, and Marty actually died in the first episode. I guess the ending was still vague enough with the cut to black, then gunshot, for that to have been a possibility, but unlikely.

DigitalGypsy66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Fri May 06, 2022 7:31 am

Huh, Netflix doing a show about/called Blockbuster, the video chain they effectively killed. Very meta.

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Fri May 06, 2022 7:39 am

They'll probably cancel it after 1-2 seasons, too.

Troy Loney

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Troy Loney » Fri May 06, 2022 8:54 am

I think the Darlene (Wyatt too) killing had a huge fall out - Ruth went for javi and changed the whole trajectory
I'd say that was just revenge for Wyatt. The culmination of Darlene dying was just giving all her land and assets to Ruth and Ruth getting sad that they were going to pin the murder on some drug addict.

Presumably, there were lots of men working under Darlene to do the drug dealing, they just like stayed home? none of them went back to the lair with all the drugs? They just left it there for Ruth to sell to Claire

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Fri May 06, 2022 9:51 am

Huh, Netflix doing a show about/called Blockbuster, the video chain they effectively killed. Very meta.
Do you think the Netflix execs nervously look around the room when they start talking about Blockbuster's anti-consumer policies that eventually lead to their downfall?

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Fri May 06, 2022 9:52 am

I don't think they're smart enough to catch onto that.

Dickie Dunn

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Fri May 06, 2022 9:53 am

Do you think the Netflix execs nervously look around the room when they start talking about Blockbuster's anti-consumer policies that eventually lead to their downfall?
Not enough self-awareness in that room for that to happen.

LITT

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby LITT » Fri May 06, 2022 1:08 pm

Ozark finale:

I feel only slightly unsatisfied, but I think I was assuming Marty and Wendy were going to lose/get their comeuppance. Things just seemed to come together too neatly at the end.

I also read a theory that the whole thing was a dream, and Marty actually died in the first episode. I guess the ending was still vague enough with the cut to black, then gunshot, for that to have been a possibility, but unlikely.
the dream thing is stupid. also just realized we never watched the first episode lol. we started watching mid april and must have just blew right through ep 1.
and i guess it makes sense the marty made it out if you think to the bob seger song tuck used to always play on the jukebox at the blue cat

You always won every time you placed a bet
You're still damn good, no one's gotten to you yet
Every time they were sure they had you caught
You were quicker than they thought
You'd just turn your back and walk
You always said the cards would never do you wrong
The trick you said was never play the game too long
A gambler's share, the only risk that you would take
The only loss you could forsake
The only bluff you couldn't fake
And you're still the same
I caught up with you yesterday (still the same, you're still the same)
Moving game to game
No one standing in your way
Turning on the charm
Long enough to get you by (still the same, still the same)
You're still the same
You still aim high

willeyeam

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby willeyeam » Fri May 06, 2022 2:15 pm

Letterkenny spinoff Shoresy will be coming out in three weeks. Pretty stoked

As far as some not liking Letterkenny, I explain it to friends as they'll either love it or hate it. I could understand it just not being some people's brand of humor. It's different

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Sat May 07, 2022 1:52 pm

Just finished Dexter: New Blood
Called the ending about halfway through. I really hate the thought of Dexter being dead, and would have embraced another season if they could have done it.

NAN

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NAN » Mon May 09, 2022 8:50 am

I don't know if I'm enjoying Wynonna Earp yet or not. I'm on episode 4.

DigitalGypsy66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Thu May 12, 2022 9:04 am

Slow Horses on Apple TV+ was very good. Modern spy thriller, tinged with humor. Produced by Graham Yost (Band of Brothers/Pacific, Justified, etc.) and stars Gary Oldman as a washed up spy that is in charge of the eponymous Slow Horses, which are the washed out/up branch of MI5. Kristin Scott Thomas is excellent as well. Only six episodes, but it looks like the second season has already been filmed and will be out soon.