Colossal TV Show thread

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:27 pm

Props to Netflix for seemingly backing Chappelle in this instance.

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:30 pm

I'm not through the video yet, but it looks like it's still on HBO Max.

willeyeam

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby willeyeam » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:39 pm

Video unavailable
This video contains content from Netflix, who has blocked it on copyright grounds.

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:42 pm

That was fast. I'm still watching it on that link but it's because it was already loaded in. It should still be available on Instagram.

I could listen to Chappelle tell any story he wants. I love this new orator area that he's carved for himself. He's finally gonna get paid too.

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:54 pm

Re: The Expanse:
Amazon Studios has set an end date for The Expanse. The popular sci-fi drama has received an early renewal for Season 6, which will be its last. Not returning for the final season is original cast member Cas Anvar, who faced a slew of sexual misconduct allegations during the summer. The rest of the cast, led by Steven Strait, and longtime Expanse showrunner Naren Shankar will be back.
****, I really liked Anvar in the show.

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:55 pm

By the way, Netflix is also losing The Office on Dec 31. They better greenlight another show that they can cancel after two seasons once it finds an audience.

Dickie Dunn

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:03 pm

Amazon Studios has set an end date for The Expanse. The popular sci-fi drama has received an early renewal for Season 6, which will be its last. Not returning for the final season is original cast member Cas Anvar, who faced a slew of sexual misconduct allegations during the summer. The rest of the cast, led by Steven Strait, and longtime Expanse showrunner Naren Shankar will be back.
**** and ****. How the hell do they end the show at this point when they’re about halfway through the book series.

DigitalGypsy66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:25 pm

**** and ****. How the hell do they end the show at this point when they’re about halfway through the book series.
That sucks, but maybe it's a 20 episode season 😂

Book spoiler
This partly solves the time jump in the recent book. I wasn't sure how they'd handle that.

MR25

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby MR25 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:00 pm

That was fast. I'm still watching it on that link but it's because it was already loaded in. It should still be available on Instagram.

I could listen to Chappelle tell any story he wants. I love this new orator area that he's carved for himself. He's finally gonna get paid too.

The second part is kind of just a continuation of his show, in a way. The show was comedy gold, but it was also him being real with everyone, and using sketch comedy as the medium. Regardless of what CC or Viacom wanted out of him, he still managed to make his voice heard via the show, and it's a shame (but understandable) that he disappeared for some time.

I'm glad he's re-found his voice. Arguably, there hasn't been someone of his stature and ability to get people to listen since George Carlin.

blackjack68

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby blackjack68 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:03 pm

The second part is kind of just a continuation of his show, in a way. The show was comedy gold, but it was also him being real with everyone, and using sketch comedy as the medium. Regardless of what CC or Viacom wanted out of him, he still managed to make his voice heard via the show, and it's a shame (but understandable) that he disappeared for some time.

I'm glad he's re-found his voice. Arguably, there hasn't been someone of his stature and ability to get people to listen since George Carlin.
If that's your opinion, you may not want to visit the Comedy and Humor thread.

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:05 pm

That sucks, but maybe it's a 20 episode season 😂

Book spoiler
This partly solves the time jump in the recent book. I wasn't sure how they'd handle that.
I ain’t clicking on that ****. I really hope that they don’t try and rush major storylines, though it sounds like they’ll wind up omitting a bunch just due to a lack of time.

Gaucho

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Gaucho » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:06 pm

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:07 pm

Oh ****, he left the door open. Nice! He’s also very right.

MR25

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby MR25 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:13 pm

If that's your opinion, you may not want to visit the Comedy and Humor thread.

I've read it, and technically I agree. What Dave is doing now isn't really comedy, it's oration. Doesn't really change how I feel about what he's doing now, nor does it affect my view on Dave Chappelle the comedian (vs Dave Chappelle the orator).

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:32 pm

Right. He has transcended stand up. That’s why I called him an orator. He’s a straight up storyteller now with some humor sprinkled in. It’s like he said in his SNL monologue, “I can't even tell something's true unless it has a punch line behind it.” He has a message that he wants to share and it seems at times he’s not even bothering to add a punch line anymore. And I’m here for it.

robbiestoupe

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby robbiestoupe » Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:00 pm

I liked Chappelle's episode on "My Next Guest Needs No Introduction". He's a very smart man, and a kind of trailblazer. Good for him.

tjand72

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby tjand72 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:46 pm

Ted Lasso is great. I forget who said it, but it's a much needed show right now.

MWB

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby MWB » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:27 am

BoB marathon now on History channel.

blackjack68

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby blackjack68 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:20 pm

Starting Flight Attendant on HBO Max.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:47 pm

I enjoy watching all the gold digging/dredging shows on Discovery and her clones, but I don't get how any of these miner crews make money.

AuthorTony

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby AuthorTony » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:09 pm

I enjoy watching all the gold digging/dredging shows on Discovery and her clones, but I don't get how any of these miner crews make money.
I only watch the regular version of Gold Rush. Parker should be doing quite well. Tony probably makes a buttload of money from leasing out land to other minders. I think Rick and that new crew are only there for the show. Without the money they'd get paid by Discovery, I can't see how it would be worthwhile.

PFiDC

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby PFiDC » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:16 pm

BoB marathon now on History channel.
This nation is becoming a bunch of pansies

blackjack68

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby blackjack68 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:42 pm

Have you been drinking? Scantily clad Kaley Cuoco isn’t worth checking an episode?

PFiDC

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby PFiDC » Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:10 am

Have you been drinking? Scantily clad Kaley Cuoco isn’t worth checking an episode?
I have no idea what that show is or what it's about. I just found the 2 posts in a row amusing from an "on the surface" point of view.

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:09 am

How was it? The trailer wasn’t that great.