Colossal TV Show thread

blackjack68

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby blackjack68 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:15 pm

The sister on that show is one of the worst characters ever.

shmenguin

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby shmenguin » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:17 pm

Yeah and they wisely gave her a bigger and bigger role as the series went on.

Seriously, PB - watch season 4 and pretend it’s the finale.

MR25

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby MR25 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:36 pm

Was the Dexter thread on this board or the old one?

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:39 pm

Source of the post Season 4 is the best season.
Correct.
Source of the postAnd I’d claim it’s the only “good” season.
Incorrect.

Pavel Bure

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Pavel Bure » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:13 pm

Yeah I don’t like her at all. The actress isn’t very good or the character of a foul mouthed girl looking for love in all the wrong places isn’t that compelling.

blackjack68

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby blackjack68 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:19 pm

Yeah I don’t like her at all. The actress isn’t very good or the character of a foul mouthed girl looking for love in all the wrong places isn’t that compelling.
She was married to Dexter in real life...that's the only way I can explain her presence.

DigitalGypsy66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:33 pm

She's now married to one of the Avett Brothers, btw.

Yeah, Dexter was good until it wasn't. Michael C. Hall was excellent. John Lithgow was also great. Doakes' "Surprise ****" is an OG meme that still holds up. :lol: But the wheels fell off FAST.
I'm still not over the Rita twist. Man.

blackjack68

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby blackjack68 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:45 pm

Colin Hanks was pretty good too.

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:11 pm

She was married to Dexter in real life...that's the only way I can explain her presence.
Except they met on the set so she was cast before she was Mrs. C Hall. So who knows... Also she was in that weird remake of Rec.

MWB

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby MWB » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:16 am

Yeah and they wisely gave her a bigger and bigger role as the series went on.

Seriously, PB - watch season 4 and pretend it’s the finale.
Yup, season 4 should’ve been the end.

One was good. Don’t really remember 2 or 3, but think they were ok. Four was really good. The rest seemed to just be filler until it was over.

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:52 am

This Old House turns 40 this year. I’ve been watching since I was a little kid, and it’s still one of my favorite shows. Hell, a lot of what I know about working on my house was learned while watching the Tom, Norm and company on the show.

Pavel Bure

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Pavel Bure » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:18 pm

She's now married to one of the Avett Brothers, btw.

Yeah, Dexter was good until it wasn't. Michael C. Hall was excellent. John Lithgow was also great. Doakes' "Surprise ****" is an OG meme that still holds up. :lol: But the wheels fell off FAST.
I'm still not over the Rita twist. Man.
Just finished season 4. I don’t think this was a good twist. Kinda out of left field. Twisty for the sake of being twisty.

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby LITT » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:28 pm

Easily the gayest thing I'll say on here, but I just found out that there is a Great British Bake Off masterclass with just Paul and Mary Berry baking and I couldn't be more excited. Looks like Netflix is also adding the new season on a weekly basis as they air in the UK
im totally bummed the new ones only come out a week at a time

eddy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby eddy » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:54 pm

Easily the gayest thing I'll say on here, but I just found out that there is a Great British Bake Off masterclass with just Paul and Mary Berry baking and I couldn't be more excited. Looks like Netflix is also adding the new season on a weekly basis as they air in the UK
im totally bummed the new ones only come out a week at a time
it's definitely not ideal after watching so many episodes in a row. I'm still resisting the new season until they are all on there. not sure how long that will last.

DigitalGypsy66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:42 pm

Righteous Gemstones has potential. John Goodman, Danny McBride, and Walton Goggins as a conmen preachers? It gets off to a slow start, but it has some laughs. Filmed in Charleston, so I recognize a lot of the shooting locations (like Vice Principals).

It's a good week to revisit The Looming Tower, if you have time.

eddy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby eddy » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:05 pm

Righteous Gemstones has potential. John Goodman, Danny McBride, and Walton Goggins as a conmen preachers? It gets off to a slow start, but it has some laughs. Filmed in Charleston, so I recognize a lot of the shooting locations (like Vice Principals).

It's a good week to revisit The Looming Tower, if you have time.

looking forward to watching this. just got renewed for another season

Pavel Bure

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Pavel Bure » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:08 pm

Dexter Season 5
i really liked this season. The network of old buddies colluding to hurt women. Dexter finding a piece that fits with him in Stiles’ character.

Then the last 15 mins of the final episode happened and Stiles’ character is gone because reasons. The murdering couple had a ton of possibilities. What a waste.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:17 pm

Stone also shared his theory as to why critics were so hard on the latest Chappelle special, while viewers seemed to enjoy it far more. "I feel bad for television critics and cultural critics," he explains. "They may have laughed like hell at that, and then they went home and they know what they have to write to keep their job. So when I read TV reviews or cultural reviews, I think of someone in prison, writing. I think about somebody writing a hostage note. This is not what they think. This is what they have to do to keep their job in a social media world. So I don't hold it against them."
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live- ... m=referral

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:19 pm

If that's true, then it just proves how utterly worthless their reviews are. Grow a spine or find a new line of work.

shafnutz05

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:19 am

Stone also shared his theory as to why critics were so hard on the latest Chappelle special, while viewers seemed to enjoy it far more. "I feel bad for television critics and cultural critics," he explains. "They may have laughed like hell at that, and then they went home and they know what they have to write to keep their job. So when I read TV reviews or cultural reviews, I think of someone in prison, writing. I think about somebody writing a hostage note. This is not what they think. This is what they have to do to keep their job in a social media world. So I don't hold it against them."
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live- ... m=referral
Trey Parker and Matt Stone are two of the most talented entertainment figures of their generation. It never ceases to amaze me how quickly they are able to churn out topical, hilarious commentary. That's what gives their show such long-lasting staying power. It remains fresh despite its long history.

Jim

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Jim » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:09 pm

blackjack68

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby blackjack68 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:22 pm

I was literally just reading this three minutes ago.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/13/entertai ... index.html

Dickie Dunn

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:42 am

Hoping they found their replacement for The Office and Friends, Netflix has paid more than $500MM for Seinfeld.

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:59 am

Seinfeld is one of my favorite tv shows of all time but it doesn't have nearly the re-watchability of The Office or even Friends to a lesser extent. It doesn't have that binge-watch factor, either. Both have to do with Seinfeld's lack of long-term story arcs and relationship angles. It's also a very male-centric show. Which, again, I loved, but it doesn't have the broader appeal of Friends or The Office.

I just did a full re-watch of Seinfeld and absolutely loved seasons 2-5. You start to get a bit of the over-the-top silliness in 6 & 7. And 8 & 9 are just straight up whacky. The most memorable episodes may be in those seasons, but re-watching I preferred the reality based or more grounded stories of the early run.

Dickie Dunn

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:03 am

Agreed.