Colossal TV Show thread

Dickie Dunn

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:18 am

We started The Good Place last week and I can't believe how damn good it is.

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:19 am

I've always found Roseanne (the person and character) to be annoying, so I was never a big fan of the show outside of Dan.

blackjack68

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby blackjack68 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:07 am

It gets a little redundant/silly in Season 2, but stick with it. It gets better.

eddy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby eddy » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:01 pm

Anyone watch The Haunting of Hill House on Netflix?

CBear3

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby CBear3 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:54 pm

It gets a little redundant/silly in Season 2, but stick with it. It gets better.
It's our favorite, but this season I'm not sure where we're headed.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:00 pm

Kevin from the Office is on this episode of Criminal Minds.

He kills 5 people.

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:06 pm

Shockednotshocked

Dickie Dunn

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:00 pm

Did he poison the chili?

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:06 pm

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:10 pm

He did kill them by poison, except one.

MWB

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby MWB » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:52 pm

rewatching Friday Night Lights for the 2nd time. This is one of the most ridiculous shows I've ever seen and I enjoy every minute of it.
Love this show. I'll probably give it a third rewatch at some point. It's ridiculous but so likeable AND has Tami Taylor, Lyla Garrity, Tyra Collette, and Julie Taylor.
:thumb:

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:02 pm

Orange is the New Black to end with season 7
https://www.thewrap.com/orange-new-black-end-season-7/

Probably a good call.

Dickie Dunn

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:27 pm

Orange is the New Black to end with season 7
https://www.thewrap.com/orange-new-black-end-season-7/

Probably a good call.
That’s what’s I assumed would happen given the end of season 6.

PFiDC

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby PFiDC » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:38 am

4 episodes in. Legitimately scary. I'm going to watch episode 5 and then 1-5 again before finishing the series as the creator suggested.

eddy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby eddy » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:09 am

4 episodes in. Legitimately scary. I'm going to watch episode 5 and then 1-5 again before finishing the series as the creator suggested.
is it gory or overly violent? I'm trying to get the wife into the halloween spirit with some genuinely good entertainment, but violence and gore do not work well.

Dickie Dunn

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:33 am

I wasn't interested in The Haunting of Hill House.... then I saw that Carla Gugino is in it. I guess I'll watch.

PFiDC

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby PFiDC » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:39 am

is it gory or overly violent? I'm trying to get the wife into the halloween spirit with some genuinely good entertainment, but violence and gore do not work well.
Not one bit of violence, blood, or gore in 4 episodes. She'll love it. The story is what it's all about. It's one of the best scary stories I've seen in a long time so far.

I've been watching at night in a dark room and I'm extremely creeped out the entire time.

eddy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby eddy » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:45 am

Not one bit of violence, blood, or gore in 4 episodes. She'll love it. The story is what it's all about. It's one of the best scary stories I've seen in a long time so far.

I've been watching at night in a dark room and I'm extremely creeped out the entire time.
perfect! Thanks! I'm thinking I'm going to get a chance on Monday to see Halloween by myself, would it be a good idea to watch the original again as a refresher?

PFiDC

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby PFiDC » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:42 pm

perfect! Thanks! I'm thinking I'm going to get a chance on Monday to see Halloween by myself, would it be a good idea to watch the original again as a refresher?
Depends. How familiar are you with it? Some of the same actors are cast in their original roles so it couldn't hurt. I just rewatched the entire series and I'm going to see the new one again tomorrow.

The opening of the new film was supposed to start with a new ending to the original. Loomis dies at the hands of The Shape and Laurie unloads into Michael as he falls to the ground where he is arrested. It was cut at the last minute. The version I saw did not have that new opening. It's seriously the best Halloween movie since the original even though that isn't saying much.

eddy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby eddy » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:33 am

Depends. How familiar are you with it? Some of the same actors are cast in their original roles so it couldn't hurt. I just rewatched the entire series and I'm going to see the new one again tomorrow.

The opening of the new film was supposed to start with a new ending to the original. Loomis dies at the hands of The Shape and Laurie unloads into Michael as he falls to the ground where he is arrested. It was cut at the last minute. The version I saw did not have that new opening. It's seriously the best Halloween movie since the original even though that isn't saying much.
I will be watching the original again, it's been a couple years.

Started the Hill house show last night, after 2 episodes, it's completely different than what I had pictured. Very heavy on the story/drama, a bit slow, but I like it and don't really have an idea of where it's going, so that's great. Wife likes it as well. The ending of the 2nd episode made me want to watch Beetlejuice.

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:38 am

I just downloaded Daredevil season 3, and am not sure I won’t binge watch the entire thing quickly.

eddy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby eddy » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:29 pm

The Curious Creations of Christine McConnell on Netflix is very very weird. I like the overall idea of this dark cooking show with puppets , but the raccoon puppet can be very annoying. Also, who in a million years is going to make these horror food items? I like seeing her make them for the show, but I'm not encouraged to go out and do any of it. It feels like I stumbled across something that would have been on cable tv at 2AM in the 90s and for that, I am happy.

Dickie Dunn

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:35 pm

The Curious Creations of Christine McConnell on Netflix is very very weird. I like the overall idea of this dark cooking show with puppets , but the raccoon puppet can be very annoying. Also, who in a million years is going to make these horror food items? I like seeing her make them for the show, but I'm not encouraged to go out and do any of it. It feels like I stumbled across something that would have been on cable tv at 2AM in the 90s and for that, I am happy.
It's one of the weirdest shows I've ever seen.

eddy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby eddy » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:00 pm

It's one of the weirdest shows I've ever seen.
I've only watched the 1st episode, but I thoroughly enjoy the puppets asking the lady who she is always talking to

Dickie Dunn

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:34 am

Netflix just canned Luke Cage as well. Maybe Disney is keeping some scratch toward Netflix to cancel these shows so they can continue them on their own streaming service.