Colossal TV Show thread

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:48 pm

The People vs. O.J. Simpson may be the greatest thing I've ever watched.

The Furman tapes episode may be the best episode of TV in existence.

eddy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby eddy » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:29 pm

Is this actually good? Everytime I scroll over it, I have a tough time putting it on. It looks ridiculous.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:39 pm

Is this actually good? Everytime I scroll over it, I have a tough time putting it on. It looks ridiculous.
I felt the same. Watched one episode and I binged it.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby count2infinity » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:22 am

Just started Better Call Saul. First two episodes were great... looking forward to this series.
It's very good. But it's about 500% slower than you want it to be.
Just got caught up to the newest episodes. I don't think it's all that slow. I mean, it's not zero to sixty like BB was, but it's not grandma's pace either. I'm really digging it thus far.

shafnutz05

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:18 am

Well, Fargo got me hooked. The beginning of the show was out of left field, can't wait to see how that plays into this season.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NailedPenguin » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:35 am

Saul was really good this past week. It moved a lot more quickly than a lot of episodes. No 10 minute long scenes where nobody says anything. Chuck is such a POS in so many ways it's hard to pinpoint what I like least about him.

eddy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby eddy » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:38 am

Well, Fargo got me hooked. The beginning of the show was out of left field, can't wait to see how that plays into this season.
I am really looking forward to this show, but haven't had an opportunity to start a new series. Is each season a continuing story?

eddy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby eddy » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:40 am

Wife and I have been rewatching the office. This is my first time watching it since it premiered. Like Parks and Rec, this is a consistently good show. That guy who plays Packer is the most annoying obnoxious character and he plays it so perfectly that I'd probably hate him in real life because of how good he is at playing him.

robbiestoupe

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby robbiestoupe » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:42 am

I am really looking forward to this show, but haven't had an opportunity to start a new series. Is each season a continuing story?
The first two were completely separate shows. Although the second season was - I don't want to call it a prequel - but an interesting back story in relation to the first season.

MrKennethTKangaroo

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:44 am

Wife and I have been rewatching the office. This is my first time watching it since it premiered. Like Parks and Rec, this is a consistently good show. That guy who plays Packer is the most annoying obnoxious character and he plays it so perfectly that I'd probably hate him in real life because of how good he is at playing him.
lol that's a great analysis of packer. Who has two thumbs and hates packer? This guy

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby LITT » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:44 am

i forgot about todd packer

shafnutz05

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:46 am

The first two were completely separate shows. Although the second season was - I don't want to call it a prequel - but an interesting back story in relation to the first season.
Correct. I would highly highly recommend it. Each season is only ten episodes so you can finish it relatively quickly.

shmenguin

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby shmenguin » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:47 am

He's annoying IRL too. Good instincts.

Dickie Dunn

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:55 am

I go to YouTube and watch The Office blooper reels and laugh my ass off every time. What a show.

dodint

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby dodint » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:56 am

Speaking of outtakes, this popped up on my Youtube recommendations yesterday and it slayed me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qqE_WmagjY

Love Tim Conway.

eddy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby eddy » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:57 am

I just got to the episode where Will Farrell comes into manage. That and threat level midnight episode were completely forgotten.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NailedPenguin » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:00 am

Yeah I completely checked out around the Will Ferrell era of episodes. Theres like a season and half of the The Office I completely skipped before the Final and I'm satisfied with that.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby count2infinity » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:43 am

Saul was really good this past week. It moved a lot more quickly than a lot of episodes. No 10 minute long scenes where nobody says anything. Chuck is such a POS in so many ways it's hard to pinpoint what I like least about him.
Yeah. I think that I turned on chuck slower than the average viewer because I'm an older brother who grew up with a screw up for a younger brother. Not to the extent of slippin jimmy by any stretch of the imagination though. Chuck is a self-righteous, arrogant, thankless prick.

robbiestoupe

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby robbiestoupe » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:10 pm

I hate me some Chuck, but I dislike Hamlin more. There's a guy at work that grinds my gears all the time, and Hamlin looks/acts just like him.

NailedPenguin

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NailedPenguin » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:20 pm

He was alot cooler as the laid back professor that let you call him by his first name on SBTB college years Image

count2infinity

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby count2infinity » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:22 pm

Hamlin sucks, but at the same time, I don't think he's as bad as Chuck... and the way I understand it, Chuck puts Hamlin up to be the bad guy more than Hamlin actually wants to be the bad guy. It all comes back to Chuck for me.

shmenguin

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby shmenguin » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:54 pm

Seems like they've been positioning Hamlin as a standup dude lately. I like him.

blackjack68

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby blackjack68 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:27 pm

Speaking of outtakes, this popped up on my Youtube recommendations yesterday and it slayed me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qqE_WmagjY

Love Tim Conway.
An all-time classic.

Conway's understated style is hilarious.

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:35 pm

That reminds me, we've been watching a whole bunch of Mama's Family lately. What a great show. But seasons 1 and 2 weren't the best. Carol Burnett is especially annoying. Oddly enough once it went to "first-run" syndication and the cast changes, the show really comes into form.

dodint

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby dodint » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:38 pm

Yeah, Vicki Lawrence was really apprehensive about doing the show without Burnett which led to that slow start.