Colossal TV Show thread

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:38 am

FYI, the final episodes of Manifest are being released on Netflix tomorrow.

robbiestoupe

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby robbiestoupe » Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:36 am

FYI, the final episodes of Manifest are being released on Netflix tomorrow.
Perfect timing after the Lasso finale

eddy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby eddy » Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:32 am

Got through one episode of Muppets mayhem and while the muppets were great, the humans were not. Don't think we'll be watching again.

Unicorn warrior eternal is very weird, but it's enough for me to watch more to actually see what the hell is going on.

I think you should leave season 3 is terrific after 3 episodes. Can't wait to watch more!

First episode of Platonic was rough, that may be it for me.

Ted Lasso finale was enjoyable. I liked this season a lot. Had a lot of feels.

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:44 am

@eddy, while you're here, S02 of Shadow & Bone is now available on Netflix.

eddy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby eddy » Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:01 am

@eddy, while you're here, S02 of Shadow & Bone is now available on Netflix.
Watched 1 episode of the new season and haven't revisited. I don't know why we stopped, we watched first season in a weekend and everyone loved the books

CBear3

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby CBear3 » Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:57 am

Lasso finale was pretty good overall 👍
I didn't love that the final scenes were with his kid, even tho it makes sense plotwise. That kid is just the biggest goober. But I digress. Of all the numerous callbacks, I think the subtle Nate "S'wonderful" was my fave. Was a bit surprised they didn't win the whole f***ing thing like they set up, but idk, if it just makes more non-footie fans hate man city, then I support it.
Underwhelmed to say the least.

Like usual, the Jamie/Roy stuff was funny, but the like growth stuff with Roy was mostly just baffling. like he broke up with Keely for a pretty dumb reason and his progress at the end is he goes to therapy? **** off. Also, what's the point of showing how Michelle and his annoying kid hate the new boyfriend? Like "ha ha ha you dumb dodint, you dumped Ted for a jackass!"
My biggest gripe was not showing Ted telling the team he was leaving, but they have time for Keelys PR firm?
Yeah, that was a big swing and a miss for me, as well.
I would have put money Troy's comment would have been from NTP.
Roy was trying to grow to get back with Keeley, rather than grow for his own sake. Instead of learning that he's good enough for Keeley to love, he learns the valuable lesson that he's good enough to love himself. And regardless of how great Jamie has become, there's too much baggage for Keeley to wind up with him either. Frankly, who's to say that she hasn't decided she wants a female partner after her time with Jack. The point of showing the boyfriend was a dbag is so it wasn't a complete shock that when Ted gets back home he's moving back in with Michelle. It shows her new relationship souring and opening the door to finalize Ted & her reconciliation that started after he kind of went off on her in the zoom call earlier.
You knew the show was going to have many speeches. You knew there'd be an inspirational half time speech. You knew Rebecca was going to try to get him to stay. I suppose they figured another one of Ted telling the team he was leaving to start the show would be too much monologuing.

dodint

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby dodint » Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:57 am

Kind of late now but there probably should have been a "Thread Lasso" thread.

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:10 pm

I didn't love that the final scenes were with his kid, even tho it makes sense plotwise. That kid is just the biggest goober. But I digress. Of all the numerous callbacks, I think the subtle Nate "S'wonderful" was my fave. Was a bit surprised they didn't win the whole f***ing thing like they set up, but idk, if it just makes more non-footie fans hate man city, then I support it.

Like usual, the Jamie/Roy stuff was funny, but the like growth stuff with Roy was mostly just baffling. like he broke up with Keely for a pretty dumb reason and his progress at the end is he goes to therapy? **** off. Also, what's the point of showing how Michelle and his annoying kid hate the new boyfriend? Like "ha ha ha you dumb dodint, you dumped Ted for a jackass!"
My biggest gripe was not showing Ted telling the team he was leaving, but they have time for Keelys PR firm?
Roy was trying to grow to get back with Keeley, rather than grow for his own sake. Instead of learning that he's good enough for Keeley to love, he learns the valuable lesson that he's good enough to love himself. And regardless of how great Jamie has become, there's too much baggage for Keeley to wind up with him either. Frankly, who's to say that she hasn't decided she wants a female partner after her time with Jack. The point of showing the boyfriend was a dbag is so it wasn't a complete shock that when Ted gets back home he's moving back in with Michelle. It shows her new relationship souring and opening the door to finalize Ted & her reconciliation that started after he kind of went off on her in the zoom call earlier.
You knew the show was going to have many speeches. You knew there'd be an inspirational half time speech. You knew Rebecca was going to try to get him to stay. I suppose they figured another one of Ted telling the team he was leaving to start the show would be too much monologuing.
I would've wrote it as Ted telling the team - short and sweet. The team doesn't really respond (at least verbally). Ted and coaches go back to their office, the team looks at each other. Cut to the practice scene exactly how it played out in the finale. There are things as an audience that we expect and deserve to see after following these characters' journeys. Ted breaking the news to his team is one of those scenes we deserve to see. Same with Ted and Nate's reconciliation. Hell, we should've seen Nate standing up for himself and quitting West Ham. There were an odd amount of pivotal scenes that took place off-screen this season and as a viewer it made me feel cheated. Overall I'm happy with the season, but I question some of the choices.

Troy Loney

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Troy Loney » Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:13 pm

I don’t think they got back together. All I took from that was he went back to his home after getting back from the airport. Where else would he go?

He went back home to be a sad sack and hang around with his annoying kid and depressed wife. I mean, honestly what a depressing end for Ted. Goes back to america to be a suburban weekend dad after being coach on top of the biggest sport on the planet. Baffling.

MR25

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby MR25 » Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:19 pm

The entire point of Ted going back was because he didn't want his son to grow up without his dad, like he did.

I'm surprised that's even a point of contention.

DigitalGypsy66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:19 pm

Ted Lasso finale
I enjoyed it, but the more I think about it, the more holes and issues I see in this last season. Like Ted's suggestion to Crimm about the book title, it (this season) was never about Ted Lasso. Still no official word that this is the end of the series or "Lassoverse." I saw a pretty decent review of the episode from Rolling Stone, which I'd almost dismissed because of an overtly negative title. But he brought up a lot of good points, like Bill Lawrence wasn't as involved because he was writing/showrunning Shrinking. A lot of the more interesting parts of this season's story were never shown, like Nate actually quitting West Ham or Ted actually telling Rebecca (and then his team) he was leaving. Why did Nate like Jade, who seemed to only show interest after being **** on by the model, and had zero personality?

It gets to that point and I stop really thinking too deeply about the show. I enjoyed it as a whole, especially its out of the blue first season during the dark days of early COVID. I laughed and enjoyed something about every episode, which is more than can be said for a lot of things I watch. And one more time:

Troy Loney

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Troy Loney » Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:23 pm

The entire point of Ted going back was because he didn't want his son to grow up without his dad, like he did.

I'm surprised that's even a point of contention.
maybe if they wanted to support Ted they could have moved to England.

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:11 pm

Source of the post I would have put money Troy's comment would have been from NTP.
I will fight you.
Glad they didn't do what most people expected (giving the manager spot to Nate) and went with Roy.

robbiestoupe

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby robbiestoupe » Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:32 pm

Source of the post I would have put money Troy's comment would have been from NTP.
I will fight you.
Glad they didn't do what most people expected (giving the manager spot to Nate) and went with Roy.
I called that one whenever Rebecca was worried about finding a new coach. For some reason it clicked that Nate wouldn't be the answer.

I was wondering if the coat worn by Rupert was a call to Darth Vader.

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:42 pm

It was pretty clear that Roy would take over once Rebecca took an interest in him and he started doing press conferences.

CBear3

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby CBear3 » Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:43 pm

I will fight you.
I called that one whenever Rebecca was worried about finding a new coach. For some reason it clicked that Nate wouldn't be the answer.

I was wondering if the coat worn by Rupert was a call to Darth Vader.
Absolutely. Just like the last of S2 with Nate training West Ham./spoiler]

MWB

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby MWB » Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:32 pm

I would've wrote it as Ted telling the team - short and sweet. The team doesn't really respond (at least verbally). Ted and coaches go back to their office, the team looks at each other. Cut to the practice scene exactly how it played out in the finale. There are things as an audience that we expect and deserve to see after following these characters' journeys. Ted breaking the news to his team is one of those scenes we deserve to see. Same with Ted and Nate's reconciliation. Hell, we should've seen Nate standing up for himself and quitting West Ham. There were an odd amount of pivotal scenes that took place off-screen this season and as a viewer it made me feel cheated. Overall I'm happy with the season, but I question some of the choices.
Agree, that’s how he should’ve told the team. I’d have like to see that.

Overall I was happy with the finale.

MWB

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby MWB » Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:35 pm

I don’t think they got back together. All I took from that was he went back to his home after getting back from the airport. Where else would he go?

He went back home to be a sad sack and hang around with his annoying kid and depressed wife. I mean, honestly what a depressing end for Ted. Goes back to america to be a suburban weekend dad after being coach on top of the biggest sport on the planet. Baffling.
Baffling that he’d want to be with his kid? And try to get back with his wife (which I feel like he has based on how the season went)? Huh?

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:39 am

We’re down to the final episode of White Lotus. Like in season 1, I hate most of the characters. Aubrey Plaza is just intolerable.

Dickie Dunn

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:28 pm

I somehow hated her less than her wet blanket of a husband.

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby LITT » Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:52 pm

That guy sucked

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:25 pm

Yeah, I should have mentioned that I can’t stand him, either. Dude’s a pillow biter.

Troy Loney

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Troy Loney » Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:29 pm

They’re a nightmare couple. They reconcile through emotionally abusing each other
Last edited by Troy Loney on Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:31 pm

We’ll watch the finale sometime next week, and I have my thoughts on what’s going on with Tanya’s new friends. Also, Albie’s a total dolt.

Dickie Dunn

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:41 pm

They’re a nightmare couple. They reconcile through emotionally abusing each other
Spot on.