Colossal TV Show thread

CBear3

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby CBear3 » Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:10 pm

The Jamie/Roy bike scenes were the best part of the last Lasso episode IMO.
Absolutely
Not sure how much I got out of the Rebecca storyline. I'm sure it sets something up, but I didn't feel a lot of growth or movement. Did love the water in the dryer. Reading more about the Colin/Trent conversation and the setting made a great conversation that much more powerful.
Teds trip to the Burger joint was the kind of cute I expect from the show.
I think we've all commented on loving Jamie's growth, and Roy's growth through Jamie is a surprise I wouldn't have seen coming before the season.

As usual, very enjoyable TV.

Pavel Bure

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Pavel Bure » Wed Apr 19, 2023 5:30 pm

Just finished Yellowjackets season 1…

Bruh…

meecrofilm

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby meecrofilm » Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:27 pm

Absolutely
Not sure how much I got out of the Rebecca storyline. I'm sure it sets something up, but I didn't feel a lot of growth or movement. Did love the water in the dryer. Reading more about the Colin/Trent conversation and the setting made a great conversation that much more powerful.
I think we've all commented on loving Jamie's growth, and Roy's growth through Jamie is a surprise I wouldn't have seen coming before the season.

I'm pretty sure one of those rooms she went in was a kid's room. So I figured this was setting up the psychic prediction for how she ends up with a family even though she got the results that she couldn't have kids.

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:16 pm

Absolutely

I'm pretty sure one of those rooms she went in was a kid's room. So I figured this was setting up the psychic prediction for how she ends up with a family even though she got the results that she couldn't have kids.
Yeah she pregnant and it’s house boat dude’s.

CBear3

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby CBear3 » Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:55 pm

Ugh. That would be awfully cliché

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:01 pm

It’s the only reason to hold on the shot of houseboat dude while he reveals they actually did sleep together. Add to that the foreshadowing with the kids room and it’s baby time.

obhave

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby obhave » Thu Apr 20, 2023 5:15 am

It’s the only reason to hold on the shot of houseboat dude while he reveals they actually did sleep together. Add to that the foreshadowing with the kids room and it’s baby time.
oh I hate that, so much.

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:30 am

Oh yeah, so good.

skullman80

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby skullman80 » Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:35 am

I feel like Lasso is written with more smarts than that....at least I hope so.

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:58 am

Possibly. That's been Rebecca's journey this season, and something she clearly wants. Assuming this is the final season, Ted Lasso is a feel-good show at its heart and they'll want to leave every character in a new/better state than where we met them. For Rebecca, that's a successful football club to beat Rupert, and (as of this season anyway) a baby/family. I don't think she'll go back to houseboat dude. That would go too against character. Instead, she'll show that she's strong enough to do it on her own.

CBear3

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby CBear3 » Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:31 am

Possibly. That's been Rebecca's journey this season, and something she clearly wants. Assuming this is the final season, Ted Lasso is a feel-good show at its heart and they'll want to leave every character in a new/better state than where we met them. For Rebecca, that's a successful football club to beat Rupert, and (as of this season anyway) a baby/family. I don't think she'll go back to houseboat dude. That would go too against character. Instead, she'll show that she's strong enough to do it on her own.
Like Sassy. I guess I always saw the payoff there being that the club was her family, and not specifically she's having a baby (seems very on the nose). There'd be little need for the poor news from the doctor if that was the case. They could have told her its still possible and the hook up in Amsterdam wouldn't be any different.

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:41 am

Like Sassy. I guess I always saw the payoff there being that the club was her family, and not specifically she's having a baby (seems very on the nose). There'd be little need for the poor news from the doctor if that was the case. They could have told her its still possible and the hook up in Amsterdam wouldn't be any different.
Totally and I agree with you. It's way on the nose, but judging by this past episode, that's the direction they're going. It could also be a red herring. Maybe she has a moment where she thinks she's pregnant but it turns out she's not and she has to finally accept her life as is and find meaning elsewhere. That just seems cruel at this point, though, as she already had that moment with the test. If she's not pregnant, I don't understand the point of all the foreshadowing with houseboat guy.

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby LITT » Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:48 am

this season has been very transactional; feel like theyve gotten a bit lazy

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:03 am

Honestly, I want a little more action on the pitch. Getting a little deep into storylines, IMO, and need to break it up a little.

Joegap

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Joegap » Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:15 am

I am hoping this weeks episode was a turning point, and things will move towards that

CBear3

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby CBear3 » Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:19 am

The "problem" I think is they've created too many good characters.
Rebecca, Ted, Roy, Jamie, Nate. That's the series. But in helping them along their story arcs we met other incredible characters.
Sam's story is great, and in what other sports movie/show would the captain of the team (Isaac) be a minor player. Higgins was originally just a foil for Rebecca's past with Rupert and now he's a lovable Head of Ops. Keeley was there as a sidekick and really could be in her own spinoff series at the end of this. The list goes on. I feel like they're trying to include all these characters in the bigger storyline and it's muddying the waters of the core cast and story.

obhave

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby obhave » Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:37 am

The "problem" I think is they've created too many good characters.
Rebecca, Ted, Roy, Jamie, Nate. That's the series. But in helping them along their story arcs we met other incredible characters.
Sam's story is great, and in what other sports movie/show would the captain of the team (Isaac) be a minor player. Higgins was originally just a foil for Rebecca's past with Rupert and now he's a lovable Head of Ops. Keeley was there as a sidekick and really could be in her own spinoff series at the end of this. The list goes on. I feel like they're trying to include all these characters in the bigger storyline and it's muddying the waters of the core cast and story.
I am waiting for the different story lines to come back together, right now everything feels separate. Maybe that's on purpose to show Teds disconnect from others?

Troy Loney

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Troy Loney » Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:39 am

Anything Rebecca centric is boring

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:40 am

Shame.

Troy Loney

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Troy Loney » Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:50 am

I recognize her from sex education

DigitalGypsy66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:13 am

Shame.

Kane

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Kane » Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:53 am

robbiestoupe

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby robbiestoupe » Thu Apr 20, 2023 12:00 pm

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Thu Apr 20, 2023 12:58 pm

DigitalGypsy66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:02 pm

You all realize that Hannah Waddingham is in my gif above, right?

Also, do you think she really swam in that canal? That's...gross.