Pittsburgh Sports Media Thread

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:45 pm

He pretty much implied the same sentiment toward people who thought AB was an dadhole

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:15 pm

:lol:

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:25 pm

Theres nothing more "ok boomer" than bragging about muting or blocking people on twitter like it makes you some hard ass. Madden hasn't STFU since he discovered the mute feature this week, a mere 10 years or so after it was implemented. That said, hes redeemed himself a bit with all the shots hes taking at Da Fan Morning Show

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:26 pm

Zeise, Steigerwald, all these boomer type people are incredibly insufferable on Twitter. Some of those guys need to re-evaluate their lives.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:41 pm

Zeise was right tonight.

The self-important "look how righteous I am" brigade was out and about shaming people enjoying the Pirates being back.

I don't know who that dodint who writes for Ringer was, but his real name should be captain no-fun.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:44 pm

Zeise was right tonight.

The self-important "look how righteous I am" brigade was out and about shaming people enjoying the Pirates being back.

I don't know who that dodint who writes for Ringer was, but his real name should be captain no-fun.
Just think how much better your life would be if you didn't know who those people are.

pens9192

Postby pens9192 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:22 pm

Zeise just goes further off the rails this past weekend. He was apparently triggered by Jim Lokay and Pat Muldowney:

And Pittsburgh Dad Jr. loves Zeise and probably gets a big kick out of him..nice gimmick:

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Postby iamjs » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:57 am

Geez, Lokay is in his head, rent free.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:31 am

This time off for me basically confirmed I’ll probably remove 93.7 from my rotation if we ever get back to commuting to work.

They’d have to scorch earth the entire department because morning noon and evening have guys that are straight trash to listen too.

NAN

Postby NAN » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:01 am

This time off for me basically confirmed I’ll probably remove 93.7 from my rotation if we ever get back to commuting to work.

They’d have to scorch earth the entire department because morning noon and evening have guys that are straight trash to listen too.
Thing is, I love the weekend mornings when Chris Peak does his pantherlair show, Pomp is on for a few hours, and Dulac, etc have their golf show.

It's straight up sports talk, not all the other ****.

I wish it would all be like that.

NAN

Postby NAN » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:04 am

One thing I'm waiting for, DK for months complained about the NHL and MLB how they have handled the COVID stuff, and praised the NBA and NFL, especially the NFL saying they are the best run because they have pushed ahead.

But like I said before, the NFL had nothing to lose back in April because they were the only ones not playing, so it was easy for them to "push forward". Now that the season is approaching, you are hearing the same things about testing, positive tests, pay, etc that you heard in the other sports.

Whereas in the NHL, it was quiet overall (which he didn't like), they agreed to a new CBA, and you had little drama overall.

But now he is mad because Canada won't let reporters in, so its' back to "best sport, worst league".

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

Postby LITT » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:24 pm

no offense to DK (and other writers) - their presence is not REQUIRED for the league to exist. we can have sports without them. sorry your bubble (sic) has been popped - you just arent that important

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:31 pm

no offense to DK (and other writers) - their presence is not REQUIRED for the league to exist. we can have sports without them. sorry your bubble (sic) has been popped - you just arent that important
:thumb:

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:32 pm

DK is the contrarian, always an issue, always something, just always annoying.

NAN

Postby NAN » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:23 pm

That's funny you mentioned that. He had an article yesterday on his site that they are not "covering" the Stanley cup playoffs. He said they will "write" about it though.

Because to him, you have to be there to cover it. And the NHL did not get them access to the country, it is a failure on their part, and therefore their staff cannot cover the playoffs.

pens9192

Postby pens9192 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:34 pm

That's funny you mentioned that. He had an article yesterday on his site that they are not "covering" the Stanley cup playoffs. He said they will "write" about it though.

Because to him, you have to be there to cover it. And the NHL did not get them access to the country, it is a failure on their part, and therefore their staff cannot cover the playoffs.
What a turd. For all we know, next spring things might be back to normal. Like right now isn't how it will be next year or five years from now (hopefully). There will be other playoffs to "cover".

He would be having an epic meltdown if Winnepeg was one of the hub cities and he wasn't allowed to be there.
Last edited by pens9192 on Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

NailedPenguin

Postby NailedPenguin » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:40 pm

Did yinz know DK likes coffee??

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:56 pm

What a turd. Canada won't even let the Blue Jays play there. But the NHL sucks because they won't let Dejan come in to cover hockey. K.

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:57 pm

DK should be happy that the NHL gave him the opportunity to not blow money on travel and hotels.

pens9192

Postby pens9192 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:58 pm

Thing is, I love the weekend mornings when Chris Peak does his pantherlair show, Pomp is on for a few hours, and Dulac, etc have their golf show.

It's straight up sports talk, not all the other ****.

I wish it would all be like that.
I agree. Weekends are like night and day when compared to the weekday. Zeise doesn't even belong on radio in Idaho or Montana, let alone Pittsburgh. Is it just me or does the PM Team not take callers anymore? Maybe that's why they #9 in their timeslot and Madden is #2. Yeah, some edgy show they have there.

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:00 pm

Reporters would be locked in that bubble for as long as their team remains in the playoffs...That sounds like hell for a married guy with kids.

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:05 pm

I’ve been locked up with the wife and kids since March. Bubble sounds OK to me.

NailedPenguin

Postby NailedPenguin » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:21 pm

He most likely just wants to go so he can bitcch every day about how bad the conditions are he has to survive in.

NAN

Postby NAN » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:57 pm

Reporters would be locked in that bubble for as long as their team remains in the playoffs...That sounds like hell for a married guy with kids.
That sounds like heaven.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:35 pm

Interesting.... Looks like a bunch of former Deadspin guys?

I enjoyed the membership tiers.

https://defector.com/