Pittsburgh Sports Media Thread

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:35 pm

I was surprised* yesterday when I saw Mullzy took Antonio Brown's side and was glad he "won."

*not surprised.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:43 pm

https://twitter.com/JMackeyPG/status/11 ... 0693194754
Talk about sad. So my wife -- who's a total badass, in so many ways -- is calling to get an estimate on windows. Company insists on scheduling when I'm home. And they're serious. What the heck is this, 1952? Be better.

:lol: The replies are great. Just like, "yeah thats how it works." I'm sure they just wanted the Alpha male that is jason mackey to make the household decisions.
His response to a ladies story:
Ugh. That’s awful. Please accept my apologies our behalf of our sex. Way too many idiots.
I wish someone would beat him up.

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:44 pm

I forgot about Stan. He's cool. And Mueller has elevated himself to the worst Pittsburgh sports personality. I'd rather Thor Tolo get air time again than listen to Muelzy.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:48 pm

https://twitter.com/JMackeyPG/status/11 ... 0693194754
Talk about sad. So my wife -- who's a total badass, in so many ways -- is calling to get an estimate on windows. Company insists on scheduling when I'm home. And they're serious. What the heck is this, 1952? Be better.

:lol: The replies are great. Just like, "yeah thats how it works." I'm sure they just wanted the Alpha male that is jason mackey to make the household decisions.
His response to a ladies story:
Ugh. That’s awful. Please accept my apologies our behalf of our sex. Way too many idiots.
I wish someone would beat him up.

HA. Yeah I saw that. Some BS story about something or other that idiots like him would believe. Some guy told her "men like short girls" or something like that.

NailedPenguin

Postby NailedPenguin » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:35 pm

Man do those Pensblog guys suck. Just the epitome of self important, dbag, blogger bros. I take it the original founders are long gone?

Nittany Ned

Postby Nittany Ned » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:45 pm

Man do those Pensblog guys suck. Just the epitome of self important, dbag, blogger bros. I take it the original founders are long gone?
One of the original founders randomly emerged back on Twitter after basically vanishing. He's on the Anti-Rutherford brigade and recently made some remark about how the Pittsburgh media ran AB out of town, lol.

Old Baldy

Postby Old Baldy » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:53 pm

I knew about the contest that Mullesy won, but they had another one that she won? That’s crazy.
Mueller won the 1250AM contest, but don't think he ever really got on the air except for maybe once or twice sitting in with one of the other hosts for an hour or so.
That contest was shadyAF also, Mueller wasn't even close to being the best; the station manager, Beano Cook and Mayor Ravenstahl were the judges :face:
http://www.mondesishouse.com/2008/08/mo ... 0-top.html

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:42 pm

“He’s gonna spout hot takes from the perspective of a PSU grad Pitt fan???? Sign him up! Both fanbases will love this!!!!”

Sam's Drunk Dog

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:27 am

lol they used to (and probably still do) publish John Mehno in the Altoona Mirror. Marshall Dylan was him? Amazing if true.
Very sad news for @AltoonaMirrorPA sports readers and members of the Pittsburgh sports media. John Mehno has left us -- and too soon. Wealth of knowledge, always expressed with wit and wisdom. RIP, my friend.
https://t.co/MFBRtuR9KT
@RonCookPG @mikebires @JPerrotto
https://twitter.com/NeilRudel/status/11 ... 87201?s=19
Last edited by Sam's Drunk Dog on Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:29 am

Used to write for the sporting news, too.

pens9192

Postby pens9192 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:00 pm

Yesterday Pittsburgh Dad Jr. tweeted an insult at Jesse James and PSUbasically discrediting James and for his (true) drama remark about the team. I thought Pittsburgh Dad Jr. would’ve loved James since he is a fellow Yinzer. But undefeated tough guy Pittsburgh Dad Jr. takes a shot at him after James leaves. I guess James was too dull for Pittsburgh Dad Jr..

I can’t find the Tweet anymore. Looks like he deleted it. What a ******.

Found a screenshot of it: https://imgur.com/Mo6eWAv

NailedPenguin

Postby NailedPenguin » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:56 pm

This after he tweeted last week...
Colin Pittsburgh Dad Jr.
‏@colin_Pittsburgh Dad Jr.
Mar 8

Buffalo people get so mad when you say Buffalo isn’t the best place in the world.
Get maddddddd!

slappybrown

Postby slappybrown » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:57 pm

Jesse James is a garbage tight end and his whole "get away from drama" thing, as well as his post-season comments to the PGH media about the "Kardashians" are the apex of "so brave." Dude trashes his organization on the way out when it doesn't matter and pretends like he wasn't in the locker room but was spectating from afar. Jesse James can get ******, dude potentially cost us a SB trip in one season and home field in another because he's a gelded coward.

the wicked child

Postby the wicked child » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:27 pm

Jesse James is a garbage tight end and his whole "get away from drama" thing, as well as his post-season comments to the PGH media about the "Kardashians" are the apex of "so brave." Dude trashes his organization on the way out when it doesn't matter and pretends like he wasn't in the locker room but was spectating from afar. Jesse James can get ******, dude potentially cost us a SB trip in one season and home field in another because he's a gelded coward.
Slow clap dot gif

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:59 pm

This after he tweeted last week...
Colin Pittsburgh Dad Jr.
‏@colin_Pittsburgh Dad Jr.
Mar 8

Buffalo people get so mad when you say Buffalo isn’t the best place in the world.
Get maddddddd!
Hard to pick up irony in a tweet but hilarious when the main people Pittsburgh Dad Jr. targets with his best schtick are Pittsburghers who get so mad when you say pittsburgh isn’t the best place in the world.

Factorial

Postby Factorial » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:23 pm

I was looking forward to this post. :)

genoscoif

Postby genoscoif » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:34 am

genoscoif

Postby genoscoif » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:42 am

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:05 pm

March Madness just made the list.

I’m sure it’s crapping itself.

NailedPenguin

Postby NailedPenguin » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:55 am

Tell me the Fan did not have a magician on their show this morning.

pens9192

Postby pens9192 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:43 am

Tell me the Fan did not have a magician on their show this morning.
Wouldn’t surprise me..

I bet they went to break late too just because of the magician.

NailedPenguin

Postby NailedPenguin » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:29 am

Yep, they did. The Super Gelatinous is all over it. :lol:

@FanMorningShow
So, we have a magician coming in at 9:00 am. It's Pittsburgh man @LeeTerbosic. We'll go live on this account for all the shenanigans!
Mark Madden
‏@MarkMaddenX
Serious question: How do you do magic tricks on the radio?
Mark Madden
‏Usually I pull my show out of my ass. Today I'll be pulling it out of a hat. @1059thex
‏@MarkMaddenX

I just scheduled a ventriloquist for today's show. I guarantee you won't see his lips move. Not on ***king radio.

Nittany Ned

Postby Nittany Ned » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:42 am

MM playing them like a fiddle.

The only people on the Fan I can really stomach are Colony, Ron Cook, Hags, Pomp, Tab Douglas, Paul Zeise (mostly because of his views/how he typically schools idiots on Twitter)... I think that's it.

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

Postby LITT » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:03 pm

Isn’t that eveeyone

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:08 pm

Lol. Zeise “schools” people on Twitter.