Pittsburgh Sports Media Thread

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:52 pm

DK is admittedly celebratory about them "folding" up shot. Which looks like sour grapes, because exactly zero people are interested in what DK's glorified wordpress platform is.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:53 pm

Sam's Drunk Dog

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog » Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:32 pm

Unless the Steelers trade up, Kenny will be long gone by the time they draft.

dodint

Postby dodint » Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:47 pm

Yeah, that ship sailed.

They have Mason, tho.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:34 pm

The posting of that tweet was not the focus on Kenny Pickett, but rather the fact the Poni completely reversed opinion on Minshew in less than an hour.

dodint

Postby dodint » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:46 pm

Cool.

Anyway...

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:52 pm

How nobody has been really fired on 93.7 or not had their contracts expire really is mind-boggling. There is nobody that stands out as an elite host, or even one I'd invest time listening to after all these years.

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:05 pm

Poni has a National show for **** sake.

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:35 pm

Driving home from dropping my son off at college today I was scanning the NFL pxp on SXM. Other than Wayne Larivee on the Packers broadcast, very few are listenable. It took the Rams guy a good 15 seconds after a score to get to the word “touchdown.” The WTAF have a woman in the booth who I’ve finally stopped having male guilt about hating. All she does is comment on how great a play was or sometimes just throw the player’s number out there. I am pro women in the booth for mens sports but you gotta bring something of substance. Surprised Snyder didn’t get his Co CEO wife to do the job. The Bengals guys are basically simpletons. Color guy throws out random exclamations during plays. Please stop.

Sadly, I know he’s an icon but it might be time for Hillgrove. Like Lange I think he’s earned the right to go out his own way but…. Man it’s hard to hear him this way.

PrinceOfRossTownship

Postby PrinceOfRossTownship » Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:22 pm

Sadly, I know he’s an icon but it might be time for Hillgrove. Like Lange I think he’s earned the right to go out his own way but…. Man it’s hard to hear him this way.
If you mean his actual voice and the slurring of words, he sounded totally normal at the beginning of the season and has been getting worse by the game.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:11 am

The DK/Madden feud has become increasingly annoying.

Joegap

Postby Joegap » Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:25 am

What happened now? Did someone from DK's team make fun of Madden's mom? I saw DK retweeting old tweets from Madden making fun of other peoples moms. Wow I cannot believe I just typed that lol they are such children

NAN

Postby NAN » Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:26 am

The DK/Madden feud has become increasingly annoying.
What happened? I know they aren't talking, but from just twitter, it seems like they didn't mention each other for the longest time.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:55 am

that madchad clown who has a podcast on DKs server - said something about Madden's dead mom. Madden took great offense, DK became indignant because of this and has now started finding old Madden tweets where he said bad things, in an effort to absolve DK and his company for allowing it to happen.

Pittsburgh media has such a high view of itself, it's ridiculous.

NAN

Postby NAN » Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:58 am

Ha, I totally missed that one.

Most normal people would just let it go.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:06 am

It happened yesterday I guess. It's annoying because Madden will never simply just ignore twitter because he does a great job of riling people up and DK won't ever let it go, because he's a ridiculous baby.

NAN

Postby NAN » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:41 am

It happened yesterday I guess. It's annoying because Madden will never simply just ignore twitter because he does a great job of riling people up and DK won't ever let it go, because he's a ridiculous baby.
I actually stopped following Madden on twitter because of exactly what you said. I follow a lot of sports people on there, and the feed just got overwhelmed with Madden just poking over and over again.

And to be honest, I don't mind listening to Madden overall. But his twitter feed is 99% trolling and poking people.

And 100% DK is a manbaby.

pens9192

Postby pens9192 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:42 am

That's a good way to put it. They are both made for each other in a way, they both can't ignore stuff and put their egos aside. DK is still today replying to people's criticisms about the whole "Our Team, Not His" ordeal. Give it a rest, man.

I like MM, but I think he is offbase with this tweet:

so if I offer a table for sale on Amazon, I work for Amazon? MM is warped on his definition there. Chad doesn't work for DK but his podcast is affiliated with DK. Like how UPMC is affiliated with the Pittsburgh sports teams, you wouldn't say either one of them work for each other and vice versa. But if UPMC did something totally offensive/stupid/illegal, etc, the teams could end that affiliation.

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:19 am

How nobody has been really fired on 93.7 or not had their contracts expire really is mind-boggling. There is nobody that stands out as an elite host, or even one I'd invest time listening to after all these years.
Vinny would like a word with you.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:32 am

That's a good way to put it. They are both made for each other in a way, they both can't ignore stuff and put their egos aside. DK is still today replying to people's criticisms about the whole "Our Team, Not His" ordeal. Give it a rest, man.

I like MM, but I think he is offbase with this tweet:

so if I offer a table for sale on Amazon, I work for Amazon? MM is warped on his definition there. Chad doesn't work for DK but his podcast is affiliated with DK. Like how UPMC is affiliated with the Pittsburgh sports teams, you wouldn't say either one of them work for each other and vice versa. But if UPMC did something totally offensive/stupid/illegal, etc, the teams could end that affiliation.
right, it's an affiliation - so while it's not as big a deal, DK outright ignoring the issue until today after like 2-3 days is a bad look for him. You own the platform, right or wrong - you gotta say something.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:32 am

Right, that was so long ago - it's an outlier lol.

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Postby iamjs » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:40 am

Right, that was so long ago - it's an outlier lol.
a bunch of morning show people were let go/not renewed, but again that was years ago.

That's also how we ended up with the current roster.

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:45 am

The machine and thirsty paul are two iirc

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:59 am

So basically you have a bunch of guys who topped out at Pittsburgh being their top potential market, with Pittsburgh Dad Jr. and Zeise somehow hanging in when they ought to be out in Dutch Wydo land.

FlightlessBird

Postby FlightlessBird » Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:19 pm

I *think* DK actually started it this time, with this QT…

And then it went from there.