Ban this man

Nittany Ned

Pittsburgh Sports Media Thread

Postby Nittany Ned » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:40 pm

I will admit I do hear "Aldi's" a lot

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:14 pm

Heard a woman at Giant Iggle’s in Chippeway today ask where she could find the war chester shire sauce

VoiceOfTheFan

Postby VoiceOfTheFan » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:39 pm

#1 Baby Yeah!

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:36 pm

Colin Pittsburgh Dad Jr.
@colin_Pittsburgh Dad Jr.
FOX CHAPEL, Pa.-
Some Yinzer got out of his car when it was 4 degrees out to take a video of some Rich Yinzer who decided to take his Ferrari through the GetGo Car Wash when it was 4 degrees out.

Classic age-old Picksburgh stereotypes right here.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:47 pm

You know what. It's time

slappybrown

Postby slappybrown » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:02 am

While this is usually the talk radio critique thread, it is only fair to reveal that I listened to about ten minutes of good and engrossing talk radio yesterday on 93.7 the fan dot com. Was Pomp, Starkey, and Cook talking about the Steelers. That would be a good mix, as Pomp is much better at traffic control than Starkey and prevents Starkey from getting in bad jokes. Pomp also limits Cook's ability to interject meaningless thoughts, as Pomp was going back to Cook only to answer specific questions rather than allowing Cook free rein.

NAN

Postby NAN » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:03 am

While this is usually the talk radio critique thread, it is only fair to reveal that I listened to about ten minutes of good and engrossing talk radio yesterday on 93.7 the fan dot com. Was Pomp, Starkey, and Cook talking about the Steelers. That would be a good mix, as Pomp is much better at traffic control than Starkey and prevents Starkey from getting in bad jokes. Pomp also limits Cook's ability to interject meaningless thoughts, as Pomp was going back to Cook only to answer specific questions rather than allowing Cook free rein.
My dream talkshow for sports in Pgh would be Pomp and Stan.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:06 am

I've heard Pomp a couple times on the weekend. He has good command of the platform. I think the problem is that he basically has all the same takes Ron Cook has, he's just a competent person.

Factorial

Postby Factorial » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:47 am

Is Guy junker still around? I'm surprised he hasn't been paired with Stan since sportsbeat went off the air.

the wicked child

Postby the wicked child » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:07 pm

I've heard Pomp a couple times on the weekend. He has good command of the platform. I think the problem is that he basically has all the same takes Ron Cook has, he's just a competent person.
I would say that his biggest problem is that he's too nice. Because of that, all the looniest of yinzers call in because they won't get told they are a comple dolt.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:39 pm

Is Guy junker still around? I'm surprised he hasn't been paired with Stan since sportsbeat went off the air.
He comes on Stan's show every week for a bit.

Nittany Ned

Postby Nittany Ned » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:59 pm

I would say that his biggest problem is that he's too nice. Because of that, all the looniest of yinzers call in because they won't get told they are a comple dolt.
This. Also a reason he gets victimized by the occasional crank caller on that nightly sports call.

Though really, anyone who runs that format is susceptible to it. Like Richie Walsh, who's also very easy to make fun of.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:15 pm

Boy Starkey loves that "Savvy ol news hound" nickname doesn't he? I probably hear maybe 10 total minutes a week of Joe Starkey speaking on air and I feel like I've heard him use that phrase 100 times.

Nittany Ned

Postby Nittany Ned » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:42 pm

Got some bad, discouraging news for you all...

Juju was late to Pro Bowl practice:

Yo. You're supposed to show up to every practice, any practice, on time. He's going to be an asshat like AB. He's well on his way, already. It's not about having fun. It's about doing your job. Earning your money. And I know - Juju just "had a great season" and "is living his best life", and all that millennial drivel. He didn't make the playoffs. Everyone on that team has some 'splaining to do.

-Mark Jefferson Madden

PREACH, BIG MAN, PREACH!

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:45 pm

Lol. What an idiot. And I’m not referring to Juju.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:52 pm

the fact he takes the pro bowl serious, when nobody takes the pro bowl serious, is pretty predictable.

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Postby meow » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:54 pm

the fact he takes the pro bowl serious, when nobody takes the pro bowl serious, is pretty predictable.
Ned or MM??

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:55 pm

Ned or MM??
Yes.

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:10 pm

I'm torn.

on one hand, I think we should have a poll discussing which thread has the worst NN takes

on the other hand, I don't want to validate ned's piss poor trolling by giving him attention

dodint

Postby dodint » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:10 pm

Like the Pittsburgh Dad Jr. thread?

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:22 pm

i will fix my mistake

Nittany Ned

Postby Nittany Ned » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:58 am

I'm torn.

on one hand, I think we should have a poll discussing which thread has the worst NN takes

on the other hand, I don't want to validate ned's piss poor trolling by giving him attention
I know it's hard to tell when I'm being sarcastic, but I actually am here.

I get Madden's overarching point that little things add up over time with these players and eventually become issues so big that they are detrimental to the team. In AB's first few seasons with the Steelers, he was gradually becoming the best receiver on the team, and we were loving him.

But we just didn't know about his issues back then, they've become way more magnified and much more detrimental to the team as he's grown from becoming one of the shortest tenured Steelers to one of the longest tenured Steelers. He still had them and they went back to his upbringing and college days.

Juju meanwhile has no history of ever being a bad teammate or a bad kid. Does he self-promote himself a lot? Yeah, but what's so wrong with that? Madden is being a hypocrite as he loves to talk about his charity roller hockey tournaments and donations to the Lemieux Foundation.

Madden is obviously very troll-ish with his excessive Juju hate/obsession, and a big part of that is him being the contrarian "ONLY A PENGUINS AND LIVERPOOL FC FAN" hating on certain players that most Pittsburghers love (i.e. Bettis, Ward, Cutch). But I see him trying to parade a point here, and I just cannot see it being one that will stick with Juju.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:42 pm