Pittsburgh Sports Media Thread

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:10 pm

I'm not sure I see the connection.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:06 pm

LaMar Johnson
93.7 The Fan
‏@937theFan

More
At the top of the hour, @JoeStarkey1 and @ChrisMuellerPGH will be talking LaMar Johnson and the NFL Combine in general. How much of the combine have you watched?

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Postby iamjs » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:27 pm

maybe they're bringing this guy on to discuss the Combine, or maybe even this guy.

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:40 pm

LaMar Johnson
93.7 The Fan
‏@937theFan

More
At the top of the hour, @JoeStarkey1 and @ChrisMuellerPGH will be talking LaMar Johnson and the NFL Combine in general. How much of the combine have you watched?
We're on with this guy from the combine where guys run fast or throw far. Alright guy who are the Steelers gonna get and can they play for the pirates? We'd let you answer but it's time for a 20/20 sports update on the fan brought to you by dominos hut and then 11mins of commercials. Suck it listeners.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:03 pm

Maybe I just dummied myself but is LaMar Johnson a real person? They ended up deleting the tweet so I assumed they f****d up Lamar Jackson's name and I thought it was funny.

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:38 pm

They definitely **** up future unemployed QB Lamar Jackson’s name.

pens9192

Postby pens9192 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:19 pm

I’m surprised no one in this thread has mentioned iHeartRadio is $20 BILLION in debt and filing for bankruptcy?

All because of MM’s inflated salary he always brags about.

You know who’s not owned by iHeart?

Pittsburgh’s home town sports station! All sports! All the time! Ninety-three sevennnnnnnnnn... the fan! *ba ba ba ba ba, ba ba ba ba ba...* *Eric Hagman (who I love btw) gives update on sports*
I'm not surprised. They are terrible.

I looked up who owns the Fan and it looks like Entercom does. I think they bought former CBS Radio stations or something. Looks like they do ok: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entercom

I'm sure that revenue number will be higher in 2017 from all the ad money the Fan must bring in from their 1 million commercials.

Poni today did a Gerard (?) Plumbing ad read before going to commercials and news update. After update was over, he came back and continued the ad read then more commercials. Came back and he talked for a minute or two and then went to the callers. You know callers, when you have like ten minutes an hour to talk maybe you shouldn't waste time with small talk at the beginning of your call or get to your point. Fan callers are some of the worst.

columbia

Postby columbia » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:23 pm

Madden in the midst another twitter smack down with Barstool

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:32 pm

I’m surprised no one in this thread has mentioned iHeartRadio is $20 BILLION in debt and filing for bankruptcy?

All because of MM’s inflated salary he always brags about.

You know who’s not owned by iHeart?

Pittsburgh’s home town sports station! All sports! All the time! Ninety-three sevennnnnnnnnn... the fan! *ba ba ba ba ba, ba ba ba ba ba...* *Eric Hagman (who I love btw) gives update on sports*
I'm not surprised. They are terrible.

I looked up who owns the Fan and it looks like Entercom does. I think they bought former CBS Radio stations or something. Looks like they do ok: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entercom

I'm sure that revenue number will be higher in 2017 from all the ad money the Fan must bring in from their 1 million commercials.

Poni today did a Gerard (?) Plumbing ad read before going to commercials and news update. After update was over, he came back and continued the ad read then more commercials. Came back and he talked for a minute or two and then went to the callers. You know callers, when you have like ten minutes an hour to talk maybe you shouldn't waste time with small talk at the beginning of your call or get to your point. Fan callers are some of the worst.
Who own da fan?

NailedPenguin

Postby NailedPenguin » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:40 pm

Boy was Madden being a twawt yesterday, first time I think I had to change the channel because he was actually pissing me off.
They were talking about that kid from Upper Saint Clair, 17 years old 3 concussions already. Dad and Mom are in the middle of a divorce and arguing over if he should still play football. The doctor cleared him to play but there's obvious risk. Madden just thinks the doctor said he's okay to play and that's that. Nevermind he's facing his fourth concussion before he's an adult and it's actually something that should be up for discussion. But nope. "Are you a doctor?? Are you a doctor?? Are you a doctor?? Are you a doctor??" Thats all he said over and over. WTF does the doctor know? He can't predict when and he wont get a 4th, and won't have a scrambled brain 10 years from now. All he knows is the kid no longer has the effects from this 3rd concussion.

slappybrown

Postby slappybrown » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:49 pm

that sounds extremely gross

dodint

Postby dodint » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:50 pm

Yeah, I heard that too. Figured it was MM just being a complete dumbass on purpose to rile people up. Though, he was hung up on the 'Dad just trying to control the Mom' schtick so maybe he has Mommy issues of his own.

NailedPenguin

Postby NailedPenguin » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:53 pm

that sounds extremely gross

Yeah, I guess its a story because its actually the mom who is okay with the kid playing next year and the dad doesn't want him to. Madden says seems to him its a guy just trying to get back at his soon to be ex wife by controlling the kid. Get outta here with that. Junior Seau was cleared by doctors too but look what happened by 45.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:01 pm

Boy was Madden being a twawt yesterday, first time I think I had to change the channel because he was actually pissing me off.
They were talking about that kid from Upper Saint Clair, 17 years old 3 concussions already. Dad and Mom are in the middle of a divorce and arguing over if he should still play football. The doctor cleared him to play but there's obvious risk. Madden just thinks the doctor said he's okay to play and that's that. Nevermind he's facing his fourth concussion before he's an adult and it's actually something that should be up for discussion. But nope. "Are you a doctor?? Are you a doctor?? Are you a doctor?? Are you a doctor??" Thats all he said over and over. WTF does the doctor know? He can't predict when and he wont get a 4th, and won't have a scrambled brain 10 years from now. All he knows is the kid no longer has the effects from this 3rd concussion.
AHAHA I actually turned the radio down when this happened because I felt it was very awkward to hear Madden just yell at that guy who had a solid point.

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:05 pm

maybe he has Mommy issues of his own.
This was already pretty widely known, no?

NailedPenguin

Postby NailedPenguin » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:30 pm

AHAHA I actually turned the radio down when this happened because I felt it was very awkward to hear Madden just yell at that guy who had a solid point.
Then he's like "How are you not getting this?! The doctor said he's okay to play!" I'm thinking dude, how in the hell are YOU not getting this?

slappybrown

Postby slappybrown » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:35 pm

How is it possible that a person who covers sports in 2018 is treating a concussion as the same thing as a broken bone? ITS HEALED! This doesn't sound like he was trolling, but a genuinely held belief which is supremely bizarre.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:39 pm

Yea I came away thinking that Madden just took an angle and ran with it, even though it was weirdly wrong.

Having three concussions at a young age? SHOULD you play is another question. That's what the guy was asking and why the father doesn't seem that crazy.

NAN

Postby NAN » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:04 pm

Chris Mueller is a dickbag. He tweeted out that because Pitt is trying to negotiate down Stallings buyout it makes the school look "cheap and small". Dude, dealing with $9M is anything but "cheap". I'd question if they didn't try.

NailedPenguin

Postby NailedPenguin » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:18 pm

:lol: Please tell me somebody heard that? Think we have a mole on this board

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:24 pm

Pittsburgh sports media has the thinnest skin of any set of humans.

columbia

Postby columbia » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:37 pm

Pittsburgh sports media has the thinnest skin of any set of humans.
PG Pirates crew seems completely sane. Thankfully.

slappybrown

Postby slappybrown » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:07 pm

???

spiritfan

Postby spiritfan » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:11 pm

Mmmmwmwwhahahhahaha

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:20 pm

???
Madden talked about the board and how all of us are soft and not listening to the doctor as he's been cleared to play.

In other words, Madden reads the board.