Pittsburgh Sports Media Thread

Nittany Ned

Postby Nittany Ned » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:42 pm

And now the Pittsburgh Hockey Night show, where we will just replay Madden's hockey interviews from his regular show.
The idea is that many people, namely folks in the car say in rush hour traffic, didn’t hear the original interviews.

But it is sickening to think the man makes roughly ~$300/hr on-air.

mamaemeritus

Postby mamaemeritus » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:41 pm

If you're a real masochist, listen to Da Fan via the Radio.com app - whereby you don't get the "real commercials" but the same 4 commercials over and over and over again, one of which is the godforsaken State Farm "she-shed" commercial. It's enough to turn anyone into Michael Douglas in Falling Down.

mamaemeritus

Postby mamaemeritus » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:42 pm

Did he talk like that during his show with Starkey? I can’t remember. I also don’t remember if he did during his late night show. Because I could totally see him using the fifty cent words to look smart against Poni.
I feel like it wasn't this bad when he was with the savvy ol' newshound.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:58 pm

Did he talk like that during his show with Starkey? I can’t remember. I also don’t remember if he did during his late night show. Because I could totally see him using the fifty cent words to look smart against Poni.
I feel like it wasn't this bad when he was with the savvy ol' newshound.
Heard him use 'sacrosanct' this afternoon. I'm like dude, come on :lol:

dodint

Postby dodint » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:05 pm

If you're a real masochist, listen to Da Fan via the Radio.com app - whereby you don't get the "real commercials" but the same 4 commercials over and over and over again, one of which is the godforsaken State Farm "she-shed" commercial. It's enough to turn anyone into Michael Douglas in Falling Down.
:fist:

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:22 am

:fist:
Oooh it's been a while since I've seen this one..

mamaemeritus

Postby mamaemeritus » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:23 am

Ha. I reference it often. The older I get, the more I identify. :lol:

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

Postby LITT » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:29 am

talking about pittsburgh.... PA!

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:09 am

https://twitter.com/MattGajtka/status/1 ... 7750908928

Didn't think this guy would be into such drama, but here we are. :lol:

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:22 am

Gajtka is a **** dork. Also, is he no longer part of Pittsburgh Hockey NOW!? How does this guy make a living?

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:33 am

That sounds like he's someone who makes Facebook posts like these.

Matt Gajtka wrote: UHHHHH I can't believe this is happening!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
Replies: What's wrong? Is everything okay??
MG: I dont want to talk about it!!

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:36 am

Gajtka is a **** dork. Also, is he no longer part of Pittsburgh Hockey NOW!? How does this guy make a living?
He was writing bad Pirates takes on Pirates Prospects.

NAN

Postby NAN » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:53 am

Interesting to see what this is about. DK probably farted in his direction and they now want to start a metoo movement.

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Postby iamjs » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:53 am

The last I knew, he was affiliated with RMU.

pens9192

Postby pens9192 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:15 am

And now the Pittsburgh Hockey Night show, where we will just replay Madden's hockey interviews from his regular show.
The idea is that many people, namely folks in the car say in rush hour traffic, didn’t hear the original interviews.

But it is sickening to think the man makes roughly ~$300/hr on-air.
Wonder how much da Fan hosts make? Seems like they do pretty well. And they should since the station has to take in a ton of revenue from the 1000 commercials they play.

pens9192

Postby pens9192 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:16 am

Interesting to see what this is about. DK probably farted in his direction and they now want to start a metoo movement.
Well that was random for him to post. I am guessing he witnessed the Katie Brown and Sara Civian stuff and didn’t like what happened. I think he left DKPS shortly after all that went down.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:18 am

Yeah, DK is still a POS, that fact shouldn't be forgotten.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:19 am

There's nothing worse than when a holier than thou guy does something like this and uses his holier than thou takes to try and make some kind of half-spaced comment. Dude sucks.

pens9192

Postby pens9192 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:44 pm

I tune in to the PM Team and right away hear Mullzy say, “Tomlin is a better coach than Cowher” (After it was brought up Cowher wouldn’t had Dobbs throw that pass when he came in the game)

Poni: “Based on what??”
Mullzy: “Because he took Cowher’s 8-8 team and won a Super Bowl”

:facepalm

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:47 pm

There's nothing worse than when a holier than thou guy does something like this and uses his holier than thou takes to try and make some kind of half-spaced comment. Dude sucks.
His wife has to be loaded, because there is no way he's the primary breadwinner.

He used to be a decent follow on Twitter, but guy is insufferable now.

Nittany Ned

Postby Nittany Ned » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:51 pm

Our man MM is REALLY fighting a losing battle trying to go after OldTakesExposed & Pardon My Take.

Well, in his mind, he always wins and is always right, so actually it doesn't matter

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:53 pm

Why does that sound familiar

NAN

Postby NAN » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:54 pm

I tune in to the PM Team and right away hear Mullzy say, “Tomlin is a better coach than Cowher” (After it was brought up Cowher wouldn’t had Dobbs throw that pass when he came in the game)

A few weeks ago they were going on how Crosby is no longer the best player in the NHL and McDavid is (which may be legit).

But their reasoning was because McDavid won the Art Ross trophy more recently than Crosby and that shows he is the best.

I guess Crosby could only be considered the best 2 out of his 12 years then.

NailedPenguin

Postby NailedPenguin » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:37 pm

Yeah that was really weird Madden getting mad at the old takes exposed guy. I don't even care for the account because it's got to be the easiest thing to run, it takes no effort and I don't really care that people wrongly predicted the future. But when you get paid to have an opinion on everything, and those opinions move to social media, what do you expect?

Barstool mostly sucks but he used to praise Big Cat and PFT. I don't know what they did to him that he soured so quick on them. I'm sorry they have a running joke about your former drama queen neighbor whenever he's acting like a drama queen.

NailedPenguin

Postby NailedPenguin » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:46 pm

A few weeks ago they were going on how Crosby is no longer the best player in the NHL and McDavid is (which may be legit).

But their reasoning was because McDavid won the Art Ross trophy more recently than Crosby and that shows he is the best.

I guess Crosby could only be considered the best 2 out of his 12 years then.

That conversation was ridiculous. Mullzy had some idea I'm sure he thought was smart about you can't complain when Toews was compared to Sid and use Sid's scoring as a tie breaker, but now use Crosby's intangibles as the tie breaker when McDavid scores more points.

No, the problem was, is that it was stupid to even bring Toews into that conversation years ago because he was never on the same planet as Sid.