Pittsburgh Sports Media Thread

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:13 am

a certain morning show host is really white-knighting AB on twitter.

Just because he was nice to one group doesn't mean he didn't drop the ball on other plans by being several hours late to another group.
Ya know, and this is where it gets me where I feel like a bad person, but I'm going to say it anyway. The fact that he white knights these players who did something good for his child, but can't see how it would be annoying for people who don't have the position he has is really annoying.

There's no way saying that doesn't come off rude, but there's good PR - and him even getting a tv show/webisode out of it was the exact reason why teams brought her in for everything. Sure, there are things that happened totally unprovoked - but there are things that were done for the purpose of PR. I think blanketing it all into one is weird.

In regards to AB - no child deserves to be left waiting if there's someone that's supposed to show up on time at a scheduled event. I don't know the circumstances, etc. - but this isn't a first time thing with AB. This feeling alone means to me that he does it all for a picture or a news blurb for his image.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:51 am

Someone sent him the WTAE video yesterday (you know, since the whole 2 people he talked to spoke for everyone there) and his response was something like "yeah well they still waited for him so they must not have been too upset." It really came off as him mad that parents would complain, but put on smiles and want pics once AB showed up. Like they were talking behind his back or something.

What a complete and total ashole he's being on this. No wonder he loves Brown so much.

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Postby iamjs » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:31 am

how about his move of posting AB's donation to Children's Hospital and saying "yeah, I guess AB's a bad guy" or something along those lines?

First, you can be a good guy and and a jerk on two different occasions, but that doesn't mean you should be labeled as either one. Just because you make a financial gesture to one group doesn't mean you have a free pass for the other things that will make you look bad. As much as I like AB the player, there are more than a few things that have been reported that would put him in the "what a jerk" category. And that's not meant to be a comparison to other players or even other fans; if you do something that makes you a jerk, you can still be called a jerk.

Second, that check was from 2016. What's next, is he gonna citing stuff from AB's rookie year?

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:32 am

I just find it weird that the position is that parents shouldn't complain. I would imagine a parent in that situation, you're doing everything for your kid to make them happy and comfortable for the situation they're going through. That doesn't mean a parent can stop complaining. It's still an inconvenience, and 4 hours is 4 hours.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:34 am

how about his move of posting AB's donation to Children's Hospital and saying "yeah, I guess AB's a bad guy" or something along those lines?

First, you can be a good guy and and a jerk on two different occasions, but that doesn't mean you should be labeled as either one. Just because you make a financial gesture to one group doesn't mean you have a free pass for the other things that will make you look bad. As much as I like AB the player, there are more than a few things that have been reported that would put him in the "what a jerk" category. And that's not meant to be a comparison to other players or even other fans; if you do something that makes you a jerk, you can still be called a jerk.

Second, that check was from 2016. What's next, is he gonna citing stuff from AB's rookie year?
It's like this check excludes him from any negative comment. Here's my question - if AB didn't post about his donation, would AB himself felt like he was doing the world a service if he just handed it in and didn't say anything? Again, it's all coming across as PR based.

NAN

Postby NAN » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:36 am

Madden is also railing non stop against JuJu as well.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:41 am

I said it last night, but the LIT thing is already annoying and Madden is did a great job of running it into the ground by preseason week 1.

Gabe

Postby Gabe » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:51 am

There's not much going on right now with the Steelers in preseason and the Pens on hiatus. Madden was just doing his best wrestling heel impression. That act is not entertaining or interesting, its just stupid. He's a grown up version of the misbehaving kid that will take any attention, even negative attention. For every good thing that he does (provides great Pens coverage), he does some things on his show that make it so not worth listening to. (acting like an ass, doing that stupid Mr. Friday Afternoon BS). Take the good with the bad and just ignore his stupidity by switching the station when he acts like this.

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:10 am

all due respect, I enjoy mr Friday afternoon

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:18 am

It used to get a laugh from me, then it became the exact same thing, over and over and over every time and feels like it drags on longer than an SNL sketch

pens9192

Postby pens9192 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:10 pm

Weird Pittsburgh Dad Jr. spent so much time defending AB. I told him on Twitter to just stop responding and enjoy the weekend with your daughter. Care more about her than AB. Good player but doesn't always make the best person.

A-hole take, but if his daughter didn't get sick and was at Children's Pittsburgh Dad Jr. wouldn't have cared that much about AB's personal antics.

pens9192

Postby pens9192 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:11 pm

He was in Vegas again this past week. In addition to his roughly quarter million annual salary, Mark gets 5 weeks of vacation. Nice gig.
He said he rode home on the red eye on Spirit and sat in one of their "Big Front Seats" *insert joke here*

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Postby iamjs » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:07 pm

Weird Pittsburgh Dad Jr. spent so much time defending AB. I told him on Twitter to just stop responding and enjoy the weekend with your daughter. Care more about her than AB. Good player but doesn't always make the best person.

A-hole take, but if his daughter didn't get sick and was at Children's Pittsburgh Dad Jr. wouldn't have cared that much about AB's personal antics.
is it an a-hole take if there's some truth to it?

Nittany Ned

Postby Nittany Ned » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:12 pm

This is excellent radio. Image

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:21 pm

Sure sounds like an illuminating 51 minutes and 35 seconds.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:34 pm

There's your proof. I have AT&T

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:48 pm

That’s not any kind of proof. No one has Sprint. It’s Photoshopped.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:46 pm

It's called a work phone. Nice try

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:12 am

I’m starting to think Ned might actual be Troy Loney. The Loney is on the only dude who would have the guts to have a fake account that professed to enjoy steigerwald

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:26 am

Prove you have AT&T

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:36 am

Prove you have AT&T
My FiL is actually a director at the company, so we get a pretty sweet deal on our mobile plan.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:39 am

Prove you have AT&T
My FiL is actually a director at the company, so we get a pretty sweet deal on our mobile plan.
Kewl. Then tell him the turnover with reps for my company's business account is sht.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:41 am

I’m starting to think Ned might actual be Troy Loney. The Loney is on the only dude who would have the guts to have a fake account that professed to enjoy steigerwald
That's not even funny.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:42 am

That's not even funny.
:lol: :lol:

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:14 pm

Fan lineup changes got me taking it off the dial completely:

Morning: Pittsburgh Dad Jr. and Mack
Noon: Ron and Joe Starkey
PM: Poni and Mueller (instant ignore, 1123123210931293812093102938%)