Pittsburgh Sports Media Thread

nocera

Postby nocera » Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:19 pm

If nobody would speak Wendy Bell's name, she would simply disappear. Him responding makes her seem relevant. dodint is unemployed.

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:23 pm

What I like least about this is agreeing with Peduto.

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Postby iamjs » Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:01 pm

Really stretching the definition of celebrity for most of these people.

https://www.washingtonwildthings.com/te ... announced/

Ad@m

Postby Ad@m » Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:06 pm

Georges Laraque :thumb:

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:45 am

iamjs

Postby iamjs » Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:20 am

I still don't understand how DK went from #OpenTheBooksBob to unofficial gatekeeper of the Pirates.

Did one of the Nuttings get in his ear? Maybe somebody from the Pirates? It seems like the movement to have the city open the books was dropped really quick and without any type of followup. Another friend seems to think that they probably threatened to pull his credentials sometime after the whole Open The Books thing.

I don't agree with Madden much, but (and I hate saying this) he's right on this one.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:02 am

Madden had DK pegged the moment he wrote that article, and DK got to play both sides of the fence on that one.

I liked DK - but won't miss him on Madden's show, that's for sure, if it's all true.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:05 am

Yup, have to 10000% agree with Madden on that one.

NAN

Postby NAN » Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:46 am

DK mantra was "our team not yours" and his whole thing was he wanted the front office fired as they were driving the team into the ground (he hated Stark, Hunnington and Cooley). And once they were all fired, he backed off. I also agree with him that jsut the same blind sounding points being shouted gets annoying, specifically around the draft. It is a capped draft, and the Pirates have always spent to the limit.

That said, DK has become unbearable when it comes to this stuff. There are going to be people that shout crap no matter what out there, and he feels he singlehandedly can stop them all, and takes it personally when somoene disagrees with him. He acts like the end all be all. And he literally has a beef with everyone in this town not on his staff. When that happens, sometimes you may need to look in the mirror.

I don't feel he is on the Pirates "payroll" and he has always done things the way he feels is most "professional" to him. But the dude can't handle criticism what so ever and is a baby with regard to that.

I do like reading some of his stuff, but man, the dude needs to step off of his pedalstal.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:54 am

I would rather dip my head in a bucket of acid before listening to either of these two talk Pirates.

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:57 am

There are no winners in this argument.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:58 am

DK mantra was "our team not yours" and his whole thing was he wanted the front office fired as they were driving the team into the ground (he hated Stark, Hunnington and Cooley). And once they were all fired, he backed off. I also agree with him that jsut the same blind sounding points being shouted gets annoying, specifically around the draft. It is a capped draft, and the Pirates have always spent to the limit.

That said, DK has become unbearable when it comes to this stuff. There are going to be people that shout crap no matter what out there, and he feels he singlehandedly can stop them all, and takes it personally when somoene disagrees with him. He acts like the end all be all. And he literally has a beef with everyone in this town not on his staff. When that happens, sometimes you may need to look in the mirror.

I don't feel he is on the Pirates "payroll" and he has always done things the way he feels is most "professional" to him. But the dude can't handle criticism what so ever and is a baby with regard to that.

I do like reading some of his stuff, but man, the dude needs to step off of his pedalstal.
The thing that largely bothers me about this "our team not his" nonsense is that if he was just trying to say the management team needed fired, then OK, but he largely over-reacted to crying about the city taking the team back, selling ownership, etc.

You don't get to go that far in trying to bad-mouth the Pirates, and then try and gatekeep now because they "did what you asked." But that whole take was DK in a nutshell, over-reactionary nonsense. Because now, he certainly does deserve criticism for going that far over-board, and over-reactionary swinging the other way when BC and staff was hired, because he most definitely looks like a stooge.

NAN

Postby NAN » Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:08 am

You don't get to go that far in trying to bad-mouth the Pirates, and then try and gatekeep now because they "did what you asked." But that whole take was DK in a nutshell, over-reactionary nonsense. Because now, he certainly does deserve criticism for going that far over-board, and over-reactionary swinging the other way when BC and staff was hired, because he most definitely looks like a stooge.
The bolded sums up DK in a nutshell. But yeah, I do agree with a lot of what you say. He just takes it too far one way or the other and feels his voice/opinion is the only one that matters.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:14 am

Also him leaving Madden's show I would figure will impact DK more than it would Madden, unless DK goes running to the Fan. If I was WXDX/Madden, I wouldn't let him take over or fill in when Madden is on PTO either.

NAN

Postby NAN » Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:22 am

Also him leaving Madden's show I would figure will impact DK more than it would Madden, unless DK goes running to the Fan. If I was WXDX/Madden, I wouldn't let him take over or fill in when Madden is on PTO either.
Madden IMO is untouchable, beccause it's a part of his act. The people that know that find it entertaining, and the people that think he's a dick continue to listen because they can't help themselves.

DK has openly bashed the FAN and vice versa, so DK has lost some of his radio outlet.

His stubborn, overreactionary personality is his own doing.

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:28 am

DK also had another baseball writer resign last week. Not sure what happened, but there wasn’t a job announcement from the writer.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:40 am

DK and staff turnover. Name a better duo.

dodint

Postby dodint » Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:43 am

I can't stand either one, rooting for their version of mutually destructive global thermonuclear war.

iamjs

Postby iamjs » Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:37 am

Madden IMO is untouchable, beccause it's a part of his act. The people that know that find it entertaining, and the people that think he's a dick continue to listen because they can't help themselves.

DK has openly bashed the FAN and vice versa, so DK has lost some of his radio outlet.

I also wouldn't be surprised if he's back on next week.

NAN

Postby NAN » Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:56 am

Same.

FlightlessBird

Postby FlightlessBird » Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:23 pm

So I guess DK won’t be on Channel 11’s Sunday night show anymore then? Madden is on 99% of episodes, so…

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:45 am

DK: "I'm not going to respond any further to the Madden stuff, I said what I said."

DK: Spends the entire day sub-tweeting and made a podcast about "local radio" this morning.

I'm fine if you're gonna keep on talking, but this whole sub-tweeting stuff like we don't know who you're talking about is pathetic. Pittsburgh media has some incredibly thin skin.

crusherstasiak

Postby crusherstasiak » Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:49 am

I can't stand either one, rooting for their version of mutually destructive global thermonuclear war.
i push people off piers you want to see them destroyed in a thermonuclear war
what is this world coming to?

crusherstasiak

Postby crusherstasiak » Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:50 am

DK: "I'm not going to respond any further to the Madden stuff, I said what I said."

DK: Spends the entire day sub-tweeting and made a podcast about "local radio" this morning.

I'm fine if you're gonna keep on talking, but this whole sub-tweeting stuff like we don't know who you're talking about is pathetic. Pittsburgh media has some incredibly thin skin.
dejan still pounding that nail

crusherstasiak

Postby crusherstasiak » Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:51 am

i'd bet on it