Pittsburgh Sports Media Thread

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Wed May 23, 2018 7:40 am

Ktk is chuck from uniontown

Anyways, anyone with half a brain doesn’t bother calling the can because they treat the callers like garbage. No one wants to wait for 25 minutes. No one wants to talk to those sht birds. And they don’t listen to you point anyways.

Oddly enough, pompenani seems to take more calls than anyone else.
Celina or Bob?

Nittany Ned

Postby Nittany Ned » Wed May 23, 2018 8:10 am

I like Sam’s work. Liked him as the Pitt beat writer, like him as the Pens writer. If this means double the articles from Mackey well then we’re all screwed, but this
I’ve accepted a Batten Media Fellowship to pursue my MBA at the University of Virginia’s Darden School of Business, and will begin the two-year, full-time MBA program in Charlottesville this fall. My plan is to stay in sports and/or sports media, but shift to the management and business side of the industry.
sounds like a career upgrade for Werner.
I always figured Sam was destined for something better.

Ty Batiste is accepting resumes and cover letters as we speak for a replacement, if anyone is interested. But wait... DK is looking for someone else on the Pens beat as well.

Only so much room in this town for talent!

Meanwhile, Ron Cook and the rest of the Pittsburgh Media keeps trading Kessel again.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Wed May 23, 2018 8:45 am

The fellas are all back on their bullshtt this morning. Pittsburgh Dad Jr.'s pimping another Ron Cook Kessel column and Madden, after talking Fleury/Murray for 3 hours on Monday, crying that he'll talk Fleury and Murray all day again if he wants to. Cuz its his show and he'll do what he wants! I'm assuming he got feedback at how awful that was listening to. I was working at home that day and couldn't believe i was too lazy to get up and turn the radio off.

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Postby iamjs » Wed May 23, 2018 9:17 am

Pittsburgh Dad Jr. is losing it on the Twitter.

"Was Kessel hurt or did he just play bad in the playoffs."

*Someone answers what they think since no one knows*

"Oh so now we're just supposed to assume?"
Kessel was injured. GMJR or Sully said it wasn't a single injury but "cumulative injuries".

I'd tweet him this response, but I'm sure it would have zero impact on his agenda.

the wicked child

Postby the wicked child » Wed May 23, 2018 9:18 am

My issue with pompenani's show is the callers... All of the worst yinzers call with the worst ideas because they know he's too nice to call them out on it like Madden or such would.

Nittany Ned

Postby Nittany Ned » Wed May 23, 2018 9:20 am

The fellas are all back on their bullshtt this morning. Pittsburgh Dad Jr.'s pimping another Ron Cook Kessel column and Madden, after talking Fleury/Murray for 3 hours on Monday, crying that he'll talk Fleury and Murray all day again if he wants to. Cuz its his show and he'll do what he wants! I'm assuming he got feedback at how awful that was listening to. I was working at home that day and couldn't believe i was too lazy to get up and turn the radio off.
The dog days of summer.

Madden has been coming at Barstool for some time now, but is now coming after PFTCommenter. That is such a fruitless endeavor, I can’t even. EVERYONE loves Pardon My Take.

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Wed May 23, 2018 9:22 am

Wow. Cook really did write ANOTHER article to **** on Kessel about issues imagined by him and pissboy Mackey. Seriously **** that guy.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed May 23, 2018 9:24 am

I'm of the opinion that Tab and Pompeani merely appear good because they do the weekend slots so they are able to stay on relevant topics. If given regular air time, they would probably be terrible too. Especially Tab, every now and then he sabotages his show with some terrible topic pandering to old farts that want to talk about the good old days.

Madden is really the only daily on air personality that can do his show daily with success.

iamjs

Postby iamjs » Wed May 23, 2018 9:36 am

I don't know about that. Pomp has been handling the worst of the worst regularly on TV on the Nightly Sports Call and Steelers' postgame.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed May 23, 2018 9:38 am

I don't know about that. Pomp has been handling the worst of the worst regularly on TV on the Nightly Sports Call and Steelers' postgame.
Nightly sports call is what like 30 minutes? And the post-games aren't really in the same category.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Wed May 23, 2018 12:35 pm

I get super annoyed at media in the summertime, they have nothing to offer.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Wed May 23, 2018 1:04 pm

Now Yohe's crying about one person writing a bad article turns into the whole pittsburgh media gets tossed in. And Mark Madden of all people calling out "Kessel fanboys" being protective of him. This is a guy I heard on DVE 2 weeks ago when Baumann or whoever said Letang had a bad playoff, Madden literally said "No he didnt, No he didnt, No he didnt" like a child. These guys all suck so much.

Nittany Ned

Postby Nittany Ned » Wed May 23, 2018 1:49 pm

Now Yohe's crying about one person writing a bad article turns into the whole pittsburgh media gets tossed in. And Mark Madden of all people calling out "Kessel fanboys" being protective of him. This is a guy I heard on DVE 2 weeks ago when Baumann or whoever said Letang had a bad playoff, Madden literally said "No he didnt, No he didnt, No he didnt" like a child. These guys all suck so much.
Yep. And Paul Zeise replies to Yohe with usual sarcastic BS. What does that guy even contribute beyond his sarcastic comments?

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed May 23, 2018 2:08 pm

Which article is Yohe referring to?

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Wed May 23, 2018 2:26 pm

Yohe is referring to the Cook article. Yohe is upset because of everyone's railing media, and it's rightfully so. Yohe should focus his time on writing other quality pieces like how do the Pens get Cullen, and why he's still a dad to the team.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Wed May 23, 2018 2:29 pm

The whole Madden - Kessel defense thing is weird. He himself is a fanboy of Ben/Letang - no matter how bad those guys are, he'll find an excuse to defend.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed May 23, 2018 2:31 pm

There's like a daily bad Kessel take, and I bet all these idiots were mocking the Toronto media for excessively railing on Kessel.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Wed May 23, 2018 2:34 pm

Have we traded Phil yet?

iamjs

Postby iamjs » Wed May 23, 2018 2:35 pm

Yep. And Paul Zeise replies to Yohe with usual sarcastic BS. What does that guy even contribute beyond his sarcastic comments?
Letang himself even said he had a bad playoff.

iamjs

Postby iamjs » Wed May 23, 2018 2:37 pm

Yohe should focus his time on writing other quality pieces like how do the Pens get Cullen, and why he's still a dad to the team.

dodint

Postby dodint » Wed May 23, 2018 2:58 pm

Letang himself even said he had a bad playoff.
Madden reframed it as 'his playoff was the best it could be with the recovery time he was given for his injury', more/less. He's going to do fantastic things next year, bigly things.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Wed May 23, 2018 3:00 pm

Right, and it's apparently inconceivable for Kessel to rebound. Letang had some good games, and a majority of ok to below average games all year.

Out of the two players, I would say Kessel is more likely to rebound back to his normal self than Letang is.

slappybrown

Postby slappybrown » Wed May 23, 2018 8:08 pm

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Wed May 23, 2018 8:38 pm

Lol

iamjs

Postby iamjs » Thu May 24, 2018 4:34 pm

Nightly sports call is what like 30 minutes? And the post-games aren't really in the same category.
I may have taken two posts and thought it was one thought. When I responded, I thought it said about Pomp not being able to handle the worst of the worst.

So yeah, disregard and stuff.