Pittsburgh Sports Media Thread

Nittany Ned

Postby Nittany Ned » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:01 am

JuJu is streaming video games again, which should get certain radio hosts frothing at the mouth.
"He'll let you all down!"

:scared:

Factorial

Postby Factorial » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:22 am

JuJu is streaming video games again, which should get certain radio hosts frothing at the mouth.
@NailedPenguin

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:56 am

?? Can i help you with something?

NAN

Postby NAN » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:20 am

I need to rant for a minute:

Someone retweeted mr Corsi boy Alan Saunders pretty much implying GMJR "ruined" the Penguins. Again with the "it was Shero's guys that won" and your typical never give a winner credit. Then you had some turd respond pretty much agreeing, using these as "facts" as to why GMJR shouldn't get any credit for the Pens winning 2 cups:

1) "anyone" could win the cup with 87, 71 and 58 (yet 58 wasn't around for the second cup) and prior to 2016 they won 1 in 11 years
2) In 2016 the Pens got "lucky" to get hot at the right time. If it wasn't for that they'd never win the cup that year.
3) In 2017, it was a cluster of a playoff and they were lucky to win any series. The proof was that it took them 7 games and an OT to beat a medicore Senators team and any other team would have beaten them in 5 games (yet 2 other teams failed to do that).

GMJR had nothing to do with putting a good team on the ice during those 2 cup runs and this year sheds more light on who GMJR really is. The guy only won 1 cup in Carolina and 2 here in Pgh.

Some people are complete and utter morons. These are the people that are completely miserable in life. That said, I wonder what that says about me for getting pissed at this miserable person. Also Saunders, and now Matt Sunday is on the list of turds I hate. I hope Matt eats Saunders and then dies of being fat.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:32 am

Thank you, nan

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:39 am

it is hard to pick a favorite axe grind on 5af, but nan's axe grind for saunders is high on the list.

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:49 am

Some Most people are complete and utter morons.
My life philosophy.

And yes, **** Matt Sunday as well.

slappybrown

Postby slappybrown » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:50 am

TIL what a Matt Sunday is

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:52 am

Sounds like dude is mad about Fleury still...

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:04 am

MAF been doing a good job this series showing the world that glove hand, is not just a OMG MURRAY issue.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:13 am

MAF been doing a good job this series showing the world that glove hand, is not just a OMG MURRAY issue.
It's a point of weakness for any butterfly goalie. Holtby got beat short side last night for the game tying goal over his glove.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:20 am

It's a point of weakness for any butterfly goalie. Holtby got beat short side last night for the game tying goal over his glove.
Oh absolutely, but that doesn't seem to be allowed to happen around here. Seemingly people forgot that MAF gave up a ton of softies too.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:22 am

He's straight from the Filiponi school of Whatever the fan base thinks, say the opposite.
In case anyone was doubting this take on Saunders, earlier last week he was championing the PNC Park Woo'ers.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:22 am

Oh absolutely, but that doesn't seem to be allowed to happen around here. Seemingly people forgot that MAF gave up a ton of softies too.
Nope MAF was perfect, he'll always be perfect. Matt got lucky and got carried to those two cups. He's average at best.

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:32 am

He's straight from the Filiponi school of Whatever the fan base thinks, say the opposite.
In case anyone was doubting this take on Saunders, earlier last week he was championing the PNC Park Woo'ers.
What a **** monster.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:40 am

Honestly, I think the Wooing is something that everyone should get railed for because that means there aren't enough fans to drown it out when it happens. Seemingly no media discusses this aspect, with the exception of Madden. Don't like the woo, show up and drown it out.

NailedPenguin

Postby NailedPenguin » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:45 am

That was sort of the point he was trying to make, "at least they're there." That's not an excuse to act like that to the point it makes it impossible to watch on tv with the sound on.

I mean, is your best PR plan to annoy people into showing up at the park?

Factorial

Postby Factorial » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:51 am

I think @FreeCandy44 is a woo'er.

Nittany Ned

Postby Nittany Ned » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:56 am

I need to rant for a minute:

Someone retweeted mr Corsi boy Alan Saunders pretty much implying GMJR "ruined" the Penguins. Again with the "it was Shero's guys that won" and your typical never give a winner credit. Then you had some turd respond pretty much agreeing, using these as "facts" as to why GMJR shouldn't get any credit for the Pens winning 2 cups:

1) "anyone" could win the cup with 87, 71 and 58 (yet 58 wasn't around for the second cup) and prior to 2016 they won 1 in 11 years
2) In 2016 the Pens got "lucky" to get hot at the right time. If it wasn't for that they'd never win the cup that year.
3) In 2017, it was a cluster of a playoff and they were lucky to win any series. The proof was that it took them 7 games and an OT to beat a medicore Senators team and any other team would have beaten them in 5 games (yet 2 other teams failed to do that).

GMJR had nothing to do with putting a good team on the ice during those 2 cup runs and this year sheds more light on who GMJR really is. The guy only won 1 cup in Carolina and 2 here in Pgh.

Some people are complete and utter morons. These are the people that are completely miserable in life. That said, I wonder what that says about me for getting pissed at this miserable person. Also Saunders, and now Matt Sunday is on the list of turds I hate. I hope Matt eats Saunders and then dies of being fat.
A bit extreme, but I agree with the underlying point. This dude never gives GMJR credit. Like look, I get the idea that we shouldn't be all like "oh let's not defend the guy just because he won 2 cups, that was in the past!" - except he never even gave him credit for the back to back cups, so that really obliterates his constant GMJR bashing.

GMJR has made good moves. He's made bad moves. If you list out what he's done good, it will outweigh what he's done bad. Will that still hold true in a few year's time? Maybe not. But still, you can't just outright discredit the man for the back to back cups. He made the right moves and acquired the right players to supplement the core - something Shero failed at time and time again from '09 til he was fired. And as egregious as the sweep at the hands of the Islanders was, that was still a higher seeded team... all of the failures from '09 to '14 weren't far off in terms of being a disgrace.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:57 am

I'm very much anti-woo, and you should either be told to stop, or removed from the park. I think it absolutely ruins any crowd atmosphere that remains at PNC park.

Factorial

Postby Factorial » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:36 am

I'm very much anti-woo, and you should either be told to stop, or removed from the park. I think it absolutely ruins any crowd atmosphere that remains at PNC park.
:fist:

Nittany Ned

Postby Nittany Ned » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:19 pm

Is the "woo" any worse than the "wave"?

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:20 pm

Yes.

NAN

Postby NAN » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:22 pm