Pittsburgh Sports Media Thread

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Mon May 16, 2022 4:35 pm

I see Dejan has restricted who can reply to his tweets. I'm not sure that I've seen that before but I usually see tweets outside of twitter.

NAN

Postby NAN » Mon May 16, 2022 5:57 pm

What was wrong with rossi recently? Keep hearing he was pretty sick.

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Mon May 16, 2022 6:26 pm

I see Dejan has restricted who can reply to his tweets. I'm not sure that I've seen that before but I usually see tweets outside of twitter.
Bill Gates does that too :lol:

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Mon May 16, 2022 6:54 pm

He had like migraines that turned into a stutter and stuff.

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Mon May 16, 2022 7:22 pm

He had like migraines that turned into a stutter and stuff.
So the same thing as Zeise?

dodint

Postby dodint » Mon May 16, 2022 7:48 pm

Oof. :lol:

pens9192

Postby pens9192 » Tue May 17, 2022 1:20 pm

Speaking of Rossi, guess Pittsburgh Dad Jr. has beef with him. No surprise. But again, does the idiot forget what industry he works in? He has a guest spot on the PM Team and drops the juicy Crosby nugget. Him and the show both benefit from the publicity, good and bad. Pittsburgh Dad Jr. can't even promote the spot or the co-workers on the PM Team here because I guess he hates Rossi that much. Smh

EDIT: Pittsburgh Dad Jr. really beating this to death:

mamaemeritus

Postby mamaemeritus » Tue May 17, 2022 2:52 pm

I'm just going to leave this here for anyone that cares:

That scoop about Hextall keeping Sid out of Game 6 was Yohe's and Yohe's alone. He told Rossi about it ahead of the piece he was writing for The Athletic. Rossi scooped him, acting like it was his. Complete BS.

pens9192

Postby pens9192 » Tue May 17, 2022 3:15 pm

damn, just like high school. Guess this is the BS we have to deal with this summer. awesome

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Tue May 17, 2022 3:20 pm

So now that it was a Yohe scoop that he was willing to put in writing but later denied by HCMS, do we lend any more credence to it? Was HCMS just taking the bullet for his bosses and shutting it down regardless of validity?

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue May 17, 2022 3:28 pm

Someone should do a reality show following these idiot pittsburgh sports talk personalities around. Just let them do stream of conscious narration while they sit around, scroll twitter and tweet. Be fascinating to hear them talk out loud while their dog brains process this information, and then regurgitate it back out onto twitter.

NAN

Postby NAN » Tue May 17, 2022 3:32 pm

I remember during the whole arena saga 15 years ago, I emailed Rossi (yes I'm a dork) and asked him if there was any hope of the Pens staying in Pgh and getting a deal from what he was hearing. His response to me was that it's likely the Pens are moving and no deal would be struck. Literally 2 days later they announced the deal.

mamaemeritus

Postby mamaemeritus » Tue May 17, 2022 3:54 pm

So now that it was a Yohe scoop that he was willing to put in writing but later denied by HCMS, do we lend any more credence to it? Was HCMS just taking the bullet for his bosses and shutting it down regardless of validity?
That I can't answer. All I know is that Yohe was confident enough in his source(s) to do an entire article for The Athletic about it.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Tue May 17, 2022 3:54 pm

Not really, because Yohe could do one of two things. Confirm that was true, or let Rossi get thrown under the bus for it.

I'd prefer the latter, because it makes Rossi look bad - and he truly is a known water carrier for Malkin. But Pittsburgh Dad Jr. wasn't the first to call him that, it was Madden yesterday and other times before when Rossi would break stories favorable to Malkin, and no one else.

Can't state it enough, Rossi can be a good person and this and that, but his style of reporting and breaking click-baity information is horrendous and a really cheap act in business.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Tue May 17, 2022 3:56 pm

Which also lends credence to if this even was a Yohe break, that would make sense.

Rossi has been gone for months, and during his look at me tour, no less than two weeks later drops that. Gee right when the season was over, gee right when Malkin didn't have a contract, gee.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue May 17, 2022 4:01 pm

How is this story favorable to Malkin?

None of this makes any sense to me. This is supposed to make Hextall look bad, Hextall wants to cut bait with Malkin?

Honestly, just trying to sort this out is making me angry.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Tue May 17, 2022 4:08 pm

Hextall doesn't want Malkin back, so Rossi breaks a story that's very negative for Hextall and goes on that show to say it, as well as say that he doesn't think Hextall is in danger, but he isn't safe either.

So I think Rossi wants to bury Hextall to do what he can to get Malkin to stay.

NAN

Postby NAN » Tue May 17, 2022 4:14 pm

Malkin had comments today to the media that he really wants to come back, but it also has to be a fair contract. He wants to play 3 or 4 more years, but if management tells him that they want to go younger and have fresh players, he'll have to deal with that and move on.

I really hope they sign him though, but I don't think it's a guarantee. I don't even know if it's Hextall more than the new ownership group wanted to rebuild fresh around Sid.

Rossi was saying Sid would want to leave possibly if Malkin and Letang weren't with the team so they'd (ownership) has to tread lightly too in that interview. I just can't see Sid wanting to leave because of that. I can see him being unhappy, but wanting a trade, I don't know. Rossi was throwing a lot of click bait esque stuff out there during that interview.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue May 17, 2022 4:16 pm

Since when does a GM make a call about a player's injury?

And even if true, which seems dubious, I am supposed to be mad that a GM was being too cautious with Crosby's concussion, and what, the doctors were like, "he's good to go, but we need to run this by the GM". And, also, Crosby would just be like...okay with that? The GM holding him out after getting medically cleared.

So here's the thing, Rossi is an idiot and who cares what "scoop" he has. The whole thing is 1000X more confusing than aggravating. So getting angry about it is really dumb (Pittsburgh Dad Jr., aka professional dipshit).

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Tue May 17, 2022 4:43 pm

Yes. The TLDNR is that Rossi is nothing more than Steve Simmonds of Pittsburgh

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Tue May 17, 2022 4:47 pm

Malkin had comments today to the media that he really wants to come back, but it also has to be a fair contract. He wants to play 3 or 4 more years, but if management tells him that they want to go younger and have fresh players, he'll have to deal with that and move on.

I really hope they sign him though, but I don't think it's a guarantee. I don't even know if it's Hextall more than the new ownership group wanted to rebuild fresh around Sid.

Rossi was saying Sid would want to leave possibly if Malkin and Letang weren't with the team so they'd (ownership) has to tread lightly too in that interview. I just can't see Sid wanting to leave because of that. I can see him being unhappy, but wanting a trade, I don't know. Rossi was throwing a lot of click bait esque stuff out there during that interview.
Malkin is a bad poker player. We all know his intention is to be back. But it's still a negotiation, no matter how bad he is at it. He's not going to come right out and say I'll be back for any price

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Tue May 17, 2022 4:50 pm

Hmm seems we're maybe in the wrong thread lol

pens9192

Postby pens9192 » Tue May 17, 2022 5:28 pm

So here's the thing, Rossi is an idiot and who cares what "scoop" he has. The whole thing is 1000X more confusing than aggravating. So getting angry about it is really dumb (Pittsburgh Dad Jr., aka professional dipshit).
Yeah and Pittsburgh Dad Jr. looks like the bigger idiot. 1) Why get angry at this? easy answer: dude has anger management issues) 2) What part is making him so angry about this? answer: some sort of beef with Rossi, has to be in order to triple dahn about this. Or upset that Rossi didn't leak this on the Morning Show even though he talks on the PM Team? Just a week ago he proclaimed "Best Hockey Talk in Tahn" and then this rumor drops on another show on your network and you are all angry about it. Even if its a stupid, false rumor its generating hockey talk but Pittsburgh Dad Jr. thinks its a conspiracy or something. What a nut case

Kane

Postby Kane » Wed May 18, 2022 8:37 am

So, I tuned into Madden (and The X in general) for the first time in a couple years to listen to hockey talk when the playoffs started... and I have to ask - wtf is the Woody Show?

NAN

Postby NAN » Wed May 18, 2022 9:17 am

Why did Rutherford get pissed at Rossi a few years ago and called him ice cream boy?