Pittsburgh Sports Media Thread

crusherstasiak

Postby crusherstasiak » Thu May 24, 2018 4:40 pm

Yohe is referring to the Cook article. Yohe is upset because of everyone's railing media, and it's rightfully so. Yohe should focus his time on writing other quality pieces like how do the Pens get Cullen, and why he's still a dad to the team.
**** that trumpkin, yohe

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Fri May 25, 2018 9:55 am

Looks like the boys summer project is to go to battle with the fans. They're all digging their heels in on the Kessel stuff and sticking up for each other. This will be fun. And by fun I mean stupid and obnoxious.

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Fri May 25, 2018 9:58 am

God damn the Penguins for giving these bozos an extra four weeks for this ish.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Fri May 25, 2018 10:04 am

Thing is, I can't remember a single time the Penguins have made a trade that these numb skulls actually talked or wrote about before it happened. None of the ones they focus on and get everyone talking ever happen. Actually the Kessel trade from Toronto may be the only time but I hesitate to count that because the entire hockey world knew he was getting traded and Pittsburgh was a possibility.

llipgh2

Postby llipgh2 » Fri May 25, 2018 10:05 am

I never listen to sports talk radio. I followa few of the local sports media. Most of them I ignore. I can't get worked up over what a bunch of dinosaurs think about Phil.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Fri May 25, 2018 11:13 am

It's usually when I'm going to pick the dog up from day care once or twice a week that I turn it on. That time frame is usually Paul Zeise, and I generally last as long as it takes for Zeise to introduce the topic he's talking about before I turn it off.

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Fri May 25, 2018 12:08 pm

It's usually when I'm going to pick the dog up from day care once or twice a week that I turn it on. That time frame is usually Paul Zeise, and I generally last as long as it takes for Zeise to introduce the topic he's talking about before I turn it off.
So like 45 minutes?

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Fri May 25, 2018 12:12 pm

So like 45 minutes?
Uhhhhhhhh...........

Peeve about the Zeise show other than Paul Zeise himself is this deal where he finishes a sentence (finally) and they go right to a commercial with no station ID. It’s juet weird.

NailedPenguin

Postby NailedPenguin » Fri May 25, 2018 12:30 pm

I never really minded Zeise, mainly because I never hear him. But last week I was falling asleep to pirate postgame and his show came on. I get his show's at like 12:30am, but put maybe even 10% effort into reading whats right in front of you.

"...What other games tonight...uhhhh. Out west the Dodgers played the Padres. ..uhhh. It was 1-0 in the 3rd. Lets see, uh, who was the hero in that game? ....*10 seconds of silence* "5-4 was the final."

It took him like 90 seconds to read five scores.

Nittany Ned

Postby Nittany Ned » Sun May 27, 2018 2:59 pm

Benz:

As of Monday, if the topic of dealing Phil KESSEL came up, I woulda said,no. Don't want that. he's too entertaining and important as a player. Now, after listening to his hero worshipping fanboys all week, I want nothing more in the world.

NailedPenguin

Postby NailedPenguin » Mon May 28, 2018 12:12 am

Tim Benz is totally likable
Tim Benz
‏@TimBenzPGH
I'm not the one crying. It's you ostrich sycophants that are crying. I'm not the one pitching a hissy fit over a trade rumor and acting like it's a social injustice.

These guys have all lost their goddamn minds. You're such round the clock bullshit artists and when people finally stop believing everything you say you don't know how to handle it. I'm sorry that the zero trades you numb skulls have ever correctly reported has led to slight skepticism from the fans.

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Mon May 28, 2018 1:35 am

Pittsburgh media hates Kessel just like Toronto media did. Unlike Toronto, the fans here love the guy which media can’t handle. Eff them. Pens are 2 for 3 winning the cup since he’s been here. You’re damn right I don’t want to see him go.

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Mon May 28, 2018 7:30 am

Tim Benz is a moody manlet who shops in the kids section and hasn’t been physical able to play a sport his entire life. He should be forced to cover Syracuse football for eternity.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Mon May 28, 2018 7:47 am

I thought the Tim Benz height thing was kind of made up until I actually saw him in person several years ago. There's no way he's more than five foot two

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Mon May 28, 2018 8:14 am

I would say pls hire some actual radio guys instead of a bunch of hacks you brought over from dying paper media but they do have Filiponi sooooooo.......

Oh and forgot Murller won a radio contest.

Also reading the Cook article aside from content- does the PG have tuition reimbursement so he can take a freshman writing class? Jesus that thing has fragments all over it, three sentences in the first graf starting with “but” or “because” and says Kessel’s “ego needs stroked.” I know we’re in Pittsburgh here but throw a “to be” in there you consummate pro.

Nittany Ned

Postby Nittany Ned » Mon May 28, 2018 8:29 am

Ron Cook went to Northwestern, too.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Mon May 28, 2018 1:06 pm

They're probably getting more listeners this month than they would without their BS so I would go on a limb and say they're doing their job

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Postby iamjs » Tue May 29, 2018 1:03 pm

Northwestern what? Based on his published work, you surely can't be talking about the university.

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Postby iamjs » Tue May 29, 2018 1:05 pm

I thought the Tim Benz height thing was kind of made up until I actually saw him in person several years ago. There's no way he's more than five foot two
There used to be a video of him playing flag football on youtube. It wasn't specifically his video, but it was some type of group or event.

But to add to your comment, he's probably between 5' 2" and 5' 4".

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Tue May 29, 2018 1:16 pm

I'm at best 5' 6" and he walked right by me (it was at Piratefest, this was back in 1250 ESPN days) and he was definitely shorter than me and my wife (who is 5' 4").

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Tue May 29, 2018 1:23 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmF_jDI2XG0

I honestly never even realized how short he was.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Tue May 29, 2018 1:38 pm

Northwestern what? Based on his published work, you surely can't be talking about the university.
https://www.nwciowa.edu

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Tue May 29, 2018 1:59 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmF_jDI2XG0

I honestly never even realized how short he was.
He’s probably standing on at least a 10 inch box in that video.

NailedPenguin

Postby NailedPenguin » Wed May 30, 2018 2:24 pm

Cook asked Pompeani if he thinks Vegas can close it out or if he expects it to go long and Washington win it. I dont know if he thinks the Final is best of 3, or.. what.

llipgh2

Postby llipgh2 » Wed May 30, 2018 3:05 pm

Cook asked Pompeani if he thinks Vegas can close it out or if he expects it to go long and Washington win it. I dont know if he thinks the Final is best of 3, or.. what.
Yet Cook was able to pinpoint everything wrong with Kessel... 8-)