Pittsburgh Sports Media Thread

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:06 am

Pittsburgh Dad Jr. also inferred racism for people who thought Antonio Brown is in asshat.
Which is hilarious because no way would that excuse be valid to Pittsburgh Dad Jr. had AB given that to the masses. He's insufferable.

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Postby iamjs » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:09 am

Day 343434 of the Pittsburgh Dad Jr./Madden twitter feed. Pittsburgh Dad Jr. liked something that inferred Madden was racist, and people are calling him out for it. He's doubling down saying alike isn't an endorsement. He knew what he was getting at, and he's good at being the worst kind of person on social media.

Stop being a baby, stop being passive aggressive and sub-tweeting, be a tough guy and call him out. I want to see the escalation.
The **** it isn't. I've seen people say a retweet isn't an endorsement, to which I agree. I've seen people (myself included) retweet something because of how absurd it is or because it's a bad opinion. If you click like on a tweet, that's exactly what it is. You are saying that you like that tweet.

I don't have a horse in this race. Lately I've been listening to NHL Radio more and more, so I'm kind of out of the loop as to the daily operations of either side. Madden's gimmick can be tiresome at times, just as Colin's Pgh Dad Jr gimmick is tiresome. But if I had to pick a side to root in this little online fight... no, I still can't.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:18 am

Wasn't it established years ago that Pittsburgh Dad Jr. was a psycho path?

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:18 am

I'm enjoying that 'Pittsburgh Dad Jr' seems to be sticking.

"You just know some yinzer's gonna see I liked that tweet. Some yinzer sitting there drinking an iron city in his Jack Ham jersey reading my tweets." -- Pittsburgh Dad Jr. probably

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:19 am

I'm enjoying that 'Pittsburgh Dad Jr' seems to be sticking.

"You just know some yinzer's gonna see I liked that tweet. Some yinzer sitting there drinking an iron city in his Jack Ham jersey reading my tweets." -- Pittsburgh Dad Jr. probably
and the guy that sees it is a SIXBURGH LEGEND!

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:21 am

So there were a few people on Twitter that mentioned again him having issues with his neighbors and the HOA he was a part of wanting to buy his house to get him out of the neighborhood.

I want to know if any of that is true.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:23 am

I feel like I remember some low-level dude complaining about how Pittsburgh Dad Jr. bullied his way into a job at the fan.

slappybrown

Postby slappybrown » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:25 am

But if I had to pick a side to root in this little online fight... no, I still can't.
Best take imo

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:29 am

I feel like I remember some low-level dude complaining about how Pittsburgh Dad Jr. bullied his way into a job at the fan.
Yea. Dude had a generic name. Like John Phillips or something. Aired all his grievances on twitter and then quit.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:29 am

But if I had to pick a side to root in this little online fight... no, I still can't.
Best take imo
You take Mikey and Big Bob, obviously. Two guys, just always screaming about wanting to have a good time.

slappybrown

Postby slappybrown » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:36 am

Best take imo
You take Mikey and Big Bob, obviously. Two guys, just always screaming about wanting to have a good time.
I caught 10 seconds of their show the other day in which Marky was just literally screaming while blargle blob snort laughed. No context, no words, just relatively high-pitched hollering. I changed stations mid-shriek.

NAN

Postby NAN » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:43 am

The dude of wvu said he fed Pittsburgh Dad Jr. all of the Clemson and FSU to the Big XII stuff a few years ago and Pittsburgh Dad Jr. wrote an article about it claiming sources.

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:47 am

Best take imo
I caught 10 seconds of their show the other day in which Marky was just literally screaming while blargle blob snort laughed. No context, no words, just relatively high-pitched hollering. I changed stations mid-shriek.
they even do this stuff for the on air commercials they pitch

why would you want your product and or service associated with two grown ass men screaming and laughing

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:49 am

That's all they do is yell. That's being funny to them. And I think both make 6 figures. Unbelievable.

Only with Yinzers would that would that be considered hilarious - there you go, Pittsburgh Dad Jr..

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:53 am

Best take imo
Sounds like they haven't changed, but if they've got a schtick that's it. I've heard them a few times when Madden interviews them, and they seem normal, just wish their personas weren't about vomiting on the mic all the time.

NailedPenguin

Postby NailedPenguin » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:08 am

Testing: Pittsburgh Dad Jr.

Edit: :lol:

iamjs

Postby iamjs » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:18 am

wait, does Pittsburgh Dad Jr. filter over to...?

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! :lol:

I don't know who did this, but I owe you a beer or cold beverage of your choice.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:19 am

You're welcome.

iamjs

Postby iamjs » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:20 am

Best take imo
I really want to like their show but I can't. I've talked to both of them on twitter quite a few times and they seem like a couple of decent people, but I can't get past the non-stop screaming and laughing.

iamjs

Postby iamjs » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:27 am

Yea. Dude had a generic name. Like John Phillips or something. Aired all his grievances on twitter and then quit.
Yep, that's him. He went nuclear for about a week or two then disappeared. I even tried to find traces of what he posted, and there's nothing left.

mamaemeritus

Postby mamaemeritus » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:42 am

So there were a few people on Twitter that mentioned again him having issues with his neighbors and the HOA he was a part of wanting to buy his house to get him out of the neighborhood.

It is 1000% true. Source: work with former neighbor.

Edit: issues with neighbors is 1000% true. I don't know about the HOA part.

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:52 am

It is 1000% true. Source: work with former neighbor.

Edit: issues with neighbors is 1000% true. I don't know about the HOA part.
Counterpoint to the potential second part of this: HOA's are the worst.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:31 pm

Is Pittsburgh the only city where members of the media/sports media act like f**king children on a daily basis?

llipgh2

Postby llipgh2 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:54 pm

I listen to a alt music station out of LA when I'm at work. I don't listen to local radio at all if I don't have to.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:59 pm

Oh my goodness, Twitter has been good these past few days.