:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
which is probably Starkey & Mueller.

pens9192

Pittsburgh Sports Media Thread

Postby pens9192 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:51 pm

Fans of Starkey & Mueller
:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
which is probably Starkey & Mueller.
when they announced the new schedule, so many replies on Twitter were sad/upset about breaking Starkey & Mueller. Completely surprised me there were that many fans.

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Postby iamjs » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:09 pm

so has Starkey had a chance to drop the Buffalo sample on Cook yet?

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:36 pm

Hopefully. Can't deprive the lunchtime listeners of such a classic gag.

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:40 pm

There is zero rapport betwixt the two. Starkey seems like he was trying so hard, but Ron Cook wasn’t interested.

pens9192

Postby pens9192 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:43 pm

I think it’s been retired since the old show ended

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:39 pm

Got to experience three truly magical moments in Pittsburgh sports talk radio today.

1.) Returning to work after a lunchtime drive and flip to Cook and Starkey. Guys calls in to verify that Cook would only rate Conner's performance on Sunday as a C+, to which Cook says "Yes. If it wasn't for his fumble they would have won the game." The caller responds by saying "Ya know, I tune into your show every day to see how long it takes for you to say something so stupid that I'm forced to turn it off. Today it was about five minutes, which is honestly longer than usual."

2.) Get in the car to leave work and Da Fan is still on, so I hear Poni's horrific voice yelling at Mueller while attempting to do his best mini-Madden routine. Poni portends that "how can you believe the Steelers can win any game on the road if they can't beat Cleveland on the road." Mueller counters with "well last year they lost to a terrible Bears team on the road and then went on to beat Baltimore and KC on the road." Poni counters this common sense with "why would the 2017 team matter for this?"

The level of stupidity and mental gymnastics required to try to be controversial is just astounding.

3.) Poni's stupidity causes me to flip to Madden, where the show is pretty much business as usual until I turn into the gym parking lot and hear a caller question why, with Ben struggling and the weather making passing the ball difficult, wouldn't the Steelers turn to Dobbs and allow him to use his legs to win the game. THIS PERSON HAS THE RIGHT TO VOTE FOR **** SAKE.

dodint

Postby dodint » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:46 pm

re 3: I was pulling out of the parking garage when that happened, I had to laugh. Madden didn't even wind up to tee off on the guy, just kind of sighed that it's 'just not going to happen' and killed the line. :lol:

Nittany Ned

Postby Nittany Ned » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:36 am

I can’t get enough of Madden playing Juju like a fiddle. A+ material.

Also love him saying he’s a bigger deal in town than Pat Narduzzi. Like if both he and Narduzzi were at a bar, he would get more attention.

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:35 am

"Ya know, I tune into your show every day to see how long it takes for you to say something so stupid that I'm forced to turn it off. Today it was about five minutes, which is honestly longer than usual."
:lol: :lol: :lol:

the wicked child

Postby the wicked child » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:39 am

"Ya know, I tune into your show every day to see how long it takes for you to say something so stupid that I'm forced to turn it off. Today it was about five minutes, which is honestly longer than usual."
:lol: :lol: :lol:
That's gold. :thumb:

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:47 am

How was the delivery on that? I know I wouldn't have been able to deliver on amazing line like that.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:58 am

Where was this?

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:15 am

How was the delivery on that? I know I wouldn't have been able to deliver on amazing line like that.
It was very dry. It sounded like a normal conversation except one person was telling the other that they're an idiot who sucks at their job, which honestly made it even better.

pens9192

Postby pens9192 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:43 am

I’m just not feeling the PM (I could see the genius Program Director coming up with this pairing just so they can use PM in the show title) Team show. I know it’s still early on and all, but I don’t think they work good together. Poni controls things and Mueller seems like he has to rush to say what he wants and then they just talk over each other. Before you know it, it’s time for an eight minute break. Annoying. While those two clowns are doing that, Madden has a good interview on or is actually taking calls and interacting. I’ll take Madden any day.

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:47 am

I’m just not feeling the PM (I could see the genius Program Director coming up with this pairing just so they can use PM in the show title) Team show. I know it’s still early on and all, but I don’t think they work good together. Poni controls things and Mueller seems like he has to rush to say what he wants and then they just talk over each other. Before you know it, it’s time for an eight minute break. Annoying. While those two clowns are doing that, Madden has a good interview on or is actually taking calls and interacting. I’ll take Madden any day.
In the brief moments of misery that I have listened, that's what I noticed as well. When it was Cook and Poni, Cook was there for his stupid takes but Poni largely managed the show and did most of the talking. Starkey and Mueller seemed to have a 50/50 split, but you could definitely tell that Mueller was the one managing the show. With this horrific PM Team, Poni is a demonstrative loud mouth whose entire purpose seems to be to hear himself speak while Mueller hangs around until he can get a word in, only for Poni to then immediately tell him he's wrong. In all of the **** The Fan has put on the air, this show is somehow by far the worst.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:48 am

I don't get a chance to listen to any of these shows any more, but how much of Madden's show is him arguing with people about his established love/hate feelings on players?

genoscoif

Postby genoscoif » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:47 am

In the brief moments of misery that I have listened, that's what I noticed as well. When it was Cook and Poni, Cook was there for his stupid takes but Poni largely managed the show and did most of the talking. Starkey and Mueller seemed to have a 50/50 split, but you could definitely tell that Mueller was the one managing the show. With this horrific PM Team, Poni is a demonstrative loud mouth whose entire purpose seems to be to hear himself speak while Mueller hangs around until he can get a word in, only for Poni to then immediately tell him he's wrong. In all of the **** The Fan has put on the air, this show is somehow by far the worst.
What?!? You mean two condescending, highly egotistical professional contrarians don't combine to engage in worthwhile, comprehensive, well thought-out, and respectful discussion? Well I never...

I think that they'd both at least agree that it's your ignorance that prevents you from understanding how great they really are.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:02 pm

Poni just probably has yet to appreciate Mullzy's highbrow tastes of the finest beers

genoscoif

Postby genoscoif » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:18 pm

Poni just probably has yet to appreciate Mullzy's highbrow tastes of the finest beers
Highbrow... Finest... Bumbleberry...

NailedPenguin

Postby NailedPenguin » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:47 pm

I didn't even make the connection when I heard "The PM Team" (Poni and Mueller, duh) my first thought was it was a play off Madden calling them the "B Team."

Nittany Ned

Postby Nittany Ned » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:42 am

I don't get a chance to listen to any of these shows any more, but how much of Madden's show is him arguing with people about his established love/hate feelings on players?
A good amount.

pens9192

Postby pens9192 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:54 am

Yep. I think Poni and Muelller are too similar. It’s probably all to promote Poni anyway since he has a national show (albeit on weekends). Cook and Poni was bad itself but it worked, but Mueller isn’t a sidekick like Cook.

The other day I guess Mueller had changed his mind from earlier in the show and thought the tie was a good thing for the Steelers. Poni then was pretty much interrogating Mueller to know why he thought that way and why did he flip flop. I don’t agree with Mueller there either but it was a bit much, over the top, and cringeworthy.

Nittany Ned

Postby Nittany Ned » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:58 pm

The PM Team isn’t too bad.

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:36 pm

Ahhhhh Mueller “laxadaisical” isn’t a thing.