Pittsburgh Sports Media Thread

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:27 am

Zeise is an amazing combination of terrible radio voice, incoherent arguments, and uninteresting takes

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:48 pm

Crowley's first show was supposed to be filling in for Zeise? Management there is idiots because you send Zeise packing ASAP and replace him with Crowley. People will get too comfortable and realize how much better he is than Zeise when Crowley fills in for him.

I know he had a baby recently, maybe this schedule works better for his family but seems like to fill in when others has off to be too inconsistent when you have a small family. I know I hated that when I my kids were small and hell, I still do. So, what its him, Shelby, Pomp, and Paul Alexander on the weekends? I never listen so I might be wrong. Also, how does Alexander still have a show and not Tab Douglas? Idiots
I heard Dorin last weekend and I think Josh Taylor is still around. Tab tweeted a week or so ago that he wasn’t invited back and assumes he’s now retired.

pens9192

Postby pens9192 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:28 pm

DK was the first person to crying to the mayor, and having the mayor respond about doing something to force the Pirates to act. DK can change his story as many times as he wants about it being about management, etc. But that dude did a 180 hard, and now is even more insufferable about the Pirates. He's another gatekeeper/shill for an absolute **** team, and I won't understand why, outside of him being paid by Nutting.
Yeah, this is a big reason why people reply to his baseball tweets the way they do. Plus he acts like a ***hole about all of it and people won't stop. He went hard on seemingly the fans side and then when he did the heel turn, the fans reacted. The only way it might stop is if the Pirates get a new owner and somehow turn into perennial winners.

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Mon May 02, 2022 11:53 am

Well, it appears that Dave Molinari left DK for Pittburgh Hockey Now or whatever that site is. DK and Taylor Haase found out about him leaving via Twitter (or at least Taylor did). Kind of shitty to do that right before the playoffs start, but whatever.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Mon May 02, 2022 12:00 pm

shame

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Mon May 02, 2022 12:03 pm

Let's assume DK will let this pass without airing any dirty laundry and making this a bigger deal than it should be

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Mon May 02, 2022 12:07 pm

How much money can any of these people be making.

NAN

Postby NAN » Mon May 02, 2022 12:52 pm

Well, it appears that Dave Molinari left DK for Pittburgh Hockey Now or whatever that site is. DK and Taylor Haase found out about him leaving via Twitter (or at least Taylor did). Kind of shitty to do that right before the playoffs start, but whatever.
Yikes. DK is a baby and by the looks of it, hard to work for. But this is a crappy move. At least be up front.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Mon May 02, 2022 1:02 pm

DK can't work with any vet writers, seems to be anyone of talent has an expiration date. Does he have any senior writer's left? Lolley(sp)?

MR25

Postby MR25 » Mon May 02, 2022 1:09 pm

Yikes. DK is a baby and by the looks of it, hard to work for. But this is a crappy move. At least be up front.

For all we know, Molinari could've left because DK forced him out for DK reasons, and now DK is trying to play the victim card.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Mon May 02, 2022 1:11 pm

I would say that's most likely the case given how DK has and does act when things like this go down. No vet writer leaving really should be a surprise. He seems to do better with younger writers he can pay cheaply and drive into the ground. Which is an OK model, if everyone is on the same page.

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Mon May 02, 2022 3:08 pm

Digging around in the comments on DK's site, it looks like Molinari was supposed to cover practice this morning for DK and quit two hours before it started. DK wished him well, too. Weird.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Mon May 02, 2022 3:40 pm

DK hired that Dan kid to full-time. Yea, that's about what I expected lol. DK gotta keep covering those Pirates lmao.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Mon May 02, 2022 3:48 pm

DK hired that Dan kid to full-time. Yea, that's about what I expected lol. DK gotta keep covering those Pirates lmao.
Are you suggesting that a Pgh sports source not cover the Pirates? I know it's ugly but plenty of people still follow the team and want news and analysis regarding the team.

NAN

Postby NAN » Mon May 02, 2022 3:48 pm

Are you suggesting that a Pgh sports source not cover the Pirates? I know it's ugly but plenty of people still follow the team and want news and analysis regarding the team.
:thumb:

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Mon May 02, 2022 3:49 pm

Not really at all. I'm saying - you have a team in the Playoffs, versus a team that's going nowhere. Send your best talent to the playoff team and and skimp on the Pirates in a pinch if you need to.

Instead, they hired a blogger and threw him to the fire lol.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Mon May 02, 2022 3:53 pm

:thumb:
I've seen two world series wins by the Bucs so it's possible. :)

NAN

Postby NAN » Mon May 02, 2022 3:59 pm

Not really at all. I'm saying - you have a team in the Playoffs, versus a team that's going nowhere. Send your best talent to the playoff team and and skimp on the Pirates in a pinch if you need to.

Instead, they hired a blogger and threw him to the fire lol.
I don't know if it's that easy though. I mean there are relationships developed to get the "scoop", etc.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Mon May 02, 2022 4:29 pm

For a few weeks while the Penguins maybe play their last series together as the core? We're talking about week 3 or 4 of the Pirates over the playoffs. I'm not saying full-time. I'm saying just for the playoffs.

If we're saying the Pirates are more important than that, well then, this city really is doomed.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Mon May 02, 2022 4:46 pm

That being said, it doesn't matter. I don't have an account on that website lol. Just funny that he can't deal with senior writers apparently.

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Mon May 02, 2022 7:09 pm

The undercurrent is that Molinari felt he was being sidelined for a younger writer. He hadn't as many bylines and wasn't scheduled to cover the two games in NYC. So he took his IBM Selectric and went elsewhere.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Mon May 02, 2022 7:14 pm

I don't blame him then. His replacement must be cheaper and that pissed him off.

pens9192

Postby pens9192 » Wed May 04, 2022 2:18 pm

If I'm reading some of the comments right in the Danny Shirey welcome post on DK's site (apparently DK deleted comments from this post too smh), I guess Taylor was picked over Dave to go to New York? I'd be pissed too if I was Dave. No reason all three of them can't go, its a short trip. Not out to the West Coast. Maybe if they didn't open up that Downtown HQ/shop (what else will they sell there besides Pittsburgh sports crap that you can't somewhere else cheaper..like what was the point of opening that place?) they could afford to send Dave too.

He's a HOF writer who could work anywhere and not be treated like a high school journalism student. Surprised if he doesn't retire after this year like Bouchette.

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Wed May 04, 2022 2:47 pm

The Rangers "recommended sending only two writers" per outlet, as the press box has limited space. <shrugs>

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Wed May 04, 2022 3:17 pm

Taylor is the cheaper writer, I'd bet. Also deleting comments is lol worthy.