Pittsburgh Sports Media Thread

Nittany Ned

Postby Nittany Ned » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:30 pm

Thought some of you Pitt people may get a real kick out of this - but one of my favorite Pittsburgh Media Twitter follows right now is MIKE VUKOVCAN. I was going to post about this when it happened but I actually met him last fall. Good guy, agree with a lot of his views, and as for his Pitt "coverage"/takes - well, I just look at those tweets and laugh. I don't think he's ever going to forget 51-6... most of you folks won't.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:05 pm

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:34 pm

Isn't Vukovcan the guy that personally harassed a high school kid via DM to get him to break news to his website?

Nittany Ned

Postby Nittany Ned » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:24 pm

Isn't Vukovcan the guy that personally harassed a high school kid via DM to get him to break news to his website?
Oh yeah - he's a running joke. Just think he's an entertaining follow on Twitter.

I will say he puts people firmly in their place when it comes to politics.

pens9192

Postby pens9192 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:41 am

Paraphrasing....

Get in the car, turn on The X. Madden: "If you think Ben is responsible for the Antonio Brown situation, you're a **** idiot. GFY."

Commercial break, turn on Da Fan. Mueller: "The Antonio Brown situation is Ben's fault."

Yup. That checked out.
I think this was the same day I heard him say “capitulate”, “behoove”, and “flabbergasted” in like a two minute span.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:03 pm

Honestly, the fan in the afternoon is miserable with this AB stuff. That's all they ever talk about, and it's never anything new. For two days the 40 seconds I heard was them arguing about if AB is a 1st round pick or not.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:16 pm

It's gotta still be better than those two doing the McDavid v. Crosby debate.

Nittany Ned

Postby Nittany Ned » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:19 am

After serving beer for Fathead’s last night at Beerfest, Muellsy is taking a two week paternity leave.

Kraig Riley will fill in. Rising star, big moment for him.

Robot B9

Postby Robot B9 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:59 am

After serving beer for Fathead’s last night at Beerfest, Muellsy is taking a two week paternity leave.

I think i heard Riley on the air doing a segment(s) either yesterday or day before. Seemed to know what he was talking about, but speaks like a 10 year-old Valley girl, which i utterly despise.

Nittany Ned

Postby Nittany Ned » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:42 am

I think i heard Riley on the air doing a segment(s) either yesterday or day before. Seemed to know what he was talking about, but speaks like a 10 year-old Valley girl, which i utterly despise.
Honestly I haven’t really heard him. But see his tweets pop up from time to time. Apparently he got a gig working on the Pirates post game show.

Seems like a good dude though, likely not as self-righteous as his buddy Mueller. So good for him getting some chances to grow his career at least, I suppose.

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

Postby LITT » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:15 am

kraig with a k?

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:29 am

Kraiggers

pens9192

Postby pens9192 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:57 pm

lol, Madden just blasted them for using Kraig to fill in for Mullsy. “Cheap..cheap..cheap”

Shocking with their ad revenue that they would be cheap

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:58 pm

lol, Madden just blasted them for using Kraig to fill in for Mullsy. “Cheap..cheap..cheap”
Now joined by Bob McLaughlin

NAN

Postby NAN » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:48 pm

That Sarah girl and Katie Brown are still whining about Pgh Penguins media all the time.

Nittany Ned

Postby Nittany Ned » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:42 pm

That Sarah girl and Katie Brown are still whining about Pgh Penguins media all the time.
I caught that.

Yeah, I'm not too crazy about most of the folks that cover the Pens. But pretty lame look, especially for Sara Civi-whatever covering the Hurricanes for the Athletic, to still be sounding so petty towards them.

Factorial

Postby Factorial » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:44 pm

I caught that.

Yeah, I'm not too crazy about most of the folks that cover the Pens. But pretty lame look, especially for Sara Civi-whatever covering the Hurricanes for the Athletic, to still be sounding so petty towards them.
She's a member here @saracivian You should PM her.

Nittany Ned

Postby Nittany Ned » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:47 pm

I caught that.

She's a member here @saracivian You should PM her.
I'm good, thanks.

But that brings up another point - why do these media people care what a bunch of anonymous dopes think on a message board? It's like that weird Voy board, even MM responds to people on there.

Factorial

Postby Factorial » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:49 pm

But that brings up another point - why do these media people care what a bunch of anonymous dopes think on a message board? It's like that weird Voy board, even MM responds to people on there.

Agreed.

NailedPenguin

Postby NailedPenguin » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:05 pm

From what I gathered with Kraiggers is the joke that they keep hammering into the ground (because every show on this station has to have at least one) is that he's a big time gambler since the Rivers sportbook opened. So I'm sure the entire week will be talking about his parlays and stuff. That should be good.

NAN

Postby NAN » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:15 am

Alan Saunders cries as much as his boss.

Nittany Ned

Postby Nittany Ned » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:24 am

You would think GMJR ran over his dog the way he's gone off on him on Twitter.

NAN

Postby NAN » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:47 am

His whole thing about Boterill being the brains behind the 2 Stanley cup champs, that they won the cup with all of shero players, and how he has absolutely destroyed the Pens and gets no credit for those 2 cups is ridiculous.

Someone correctly pointed out that the 2014 team that lost Game 7 to the Rangers only had 6 players (before Rutherford) win the 16 cup. GMJR brought in Bonino, Hagelin, Kessel, Hornqvist, Daley, Shultz, Cole, brought up Sheary, Rust, Murray, hired in Sullivan, etc.

It's your typical once things go downhill or regress, any positive gets erased and you get the backup QB syndrome.

He was crying like a damn baby all day yesterday.

llipgh2

Postby llipgh2 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:51 am

Because it's obvious we know more than they do. ;)

NailedPenguin

Postby NailedPenguin » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:00 am

His whole thing about Boterill being the brains behind the 2 Stanley cup champs, that they won the cup with all of shero players, and how he has absolutely destroyed the Pens and gets no credit for those 2 cups is ridiculous.

Someone correctly pointed out that the 2014 team that lost Game 7 to the Rangers only had 6 players (before Rutherford) win the 16 cup. GMJR brought in Bonino, Hagelin, Kessel, Hornqvist, Daley, Shultz, Cole, brought up Sheary, Rust, Murray, hired in Sullivan, etc.

It's your typical once things go downhill or regress, any positive gets erased and you get the backup QB syndrome.

He was crying like a damn baby all day yesterday.

Saunders is another one who spanks it to analytics. That's why he's a Boterill fanboy. He was justifying the excessive use of Sean Rod last summer if that tells you anything.