Postby Factorial » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:45 am

The liberal media never forgets.
And Freddy too.

Morkle

Pittsburgh Sports Media Thread

Postby Morkle » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:47 am

The liberal media never forgets.
And Freddy too.
I don't recall him ever saying anything recent about this, so I'm going to say that's probably not the reason.

Factorial

Postby Factorial » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:52 am

I thought I heard drugs.

llipgh2

Postby llipgh2 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:39 am

I thought I heard drugs.
Interesting if that's the case. Jon Burnett had admitted last year he was an alcoholic for 45 years, and the last few years he was really bad (blacking out, messing up at work), and his family threatened to cut all ties with him until he sought treatment. KDKA didn't fire him.

Maybe KDKA asked JV to get help, and he refused.

This is all speculation, of course.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:13 pm

That's an article from almost 10 years ago.
The dude who writes that column RT'd it yesterday, so not sure why.

FreeCandy44

Postby FreeCandy44 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:23 pm

I get my FreeCandy44 fill on r/Pittsburgh.
Good man

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:10 am

Wendy Bell’s guest appearances with Marty Griffin on 1020am has blossomed into a full time gig in 2019.

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Postby iamjs » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:23 am

well that's a name I haven't heard in forever.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:52 am

hahaha. That JanePitt or whatever her name is, the moral authority of the 412, her heads probably going to explode. 2 years or however long later and she still dodints about Wendy Bell.

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Postby iamjs » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:14 am

that's another name I haven't heard in forever. I followed her for awhile back for the Pittsburgh stuff that she'd post, but her preaching from the soapbox got old real quick.

I forget if she's muted or blocked and I don't care enough to go look.

Nittany Ned

Postby Nittany Ned » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:39 pm

Love Wendy. this is awesome.

dodint

Postby dodint » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:03 pm

Unsurprising post is unsurprising.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:25 pm

Lol

Nittany Ned

Postby Nittany Ned » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:06 am

The Steelers may have lost last night, but... Mark Madden won. The big man is getting extra attention (and followers) for Juju’s fumble. Now former Steelers RB Josh Harris is going after him on Twitter, but MM strikes back:

“Says the guy who's been cut so many times it's a wonder he ain't bled to death.” (this was liked by Josh Yohe)

“I made more in my part-time job (pro wrestling) than you made in football. You couldn't cut the mustard in your chosen profession. You worked your whole life at playing football, &weren't good enough. That must eat you alive. (Yeah, I know...not as much as I eat.)”

I know he’s a troll, but the amount of **** he talks, especially to athletes, is amazing that he never gets his.

The only way for him not to claim this as a huge victory for him is for us to not pay attention to him. That clearly will never happen (I know I’m being guilty too but so are thousands of others)

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:11 am

Who the fook cares

Nittany Ned

Postby Nittany Ned » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:15 am

Who the fook cares
Thousands of folks on Twitter apparently.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:20 am

Who the fook cares
The population of dolts that moronically cheer Madden attacking the most likable player on the Steelers is as sight to behold.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:26 am

Does the army of idiots know that this was Juju's first career fumble?

Nittany Ned

Postby Nittany Ned » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:38 am

Who the fook cares
The population of dolts that moronically cheer Madden attacking the most likable player on the Steelers is as sight to behold.
Not even acknowledging it is the best bet. “This is what it’s all about” has mostly been him exercising his trolling schtick that has helped him become the top radio guy in Pittsburgh.

The notion that, just because he’s capitalizing on his fame (in a league where your window of opportunity can be small) by doing a bunch of promos/endorsements means he isn’t focused on playing hard/winning is “old man yells at cloud” territory.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:44 am

The notion that, just because he’s capitalizing on his fame (in a league where your window of opportunity can be small) by doing a bunch of promos/endorsements means he isn’t focused on playing hard/winning is “old man yells at cloud” territory.
It doesn't even justify "old man yells at cloud' territory. It's John Steigerwald, broken brain territory. It's not funny, it's a sad desperate cry for help. It's the voice for subhuman vermin that have been granted a second lease on life by the internet so that they can espouse self-loathing, misery and dis attachment from life through snake oil salesman like Madden and Steigerwald.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:52 am

Apology in advance for more ranting on this.

Doubly idiotic, is the attempt to cloud the criticism in reason by attaching the "not focusing on football because he's tweeting so much". Aside from the fact that there is zero evidence that this is the case. There plain contrary evidence that it's not the case occurs every Sunday where the dude has become a top ten receiver in the league.

So, I really wish I could fully articulate how pathetic Madden is, and how dumb the morons are cheering his campaign on. But even if I possessed the word power, it would not penetrate through the broken brain.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:54 am

A certain word comes to mind for the idiots who eat up this stuff.

Nittany Ned

Postby Nittany Ned » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:58 am

Apology in advance for more ranting on this.

Doubly idiotic, is the attempt to cloud the criticism in reason by attaching the "not focusing on football because he's tweeting so much". Aside from the fact that there is zero evidence that this is the case. There plain contrary evidence that it's not the case occurs every Sunday where the dude has become a top ten receiver in the league.

So, I really wish I could fully articulate how pathetic Madden is, and how dumb the morons are cheering his campaign on. But even if I possessed the word power, it would not penetrate through the broken brain.
You’re warranted in doing so. Madden outwardly proclaims how he takes delight in not having been in the Steelers’ locker room in years. Yet he can still go right on ahead and make this blanketed assumption that because of Juju’s social media presence, he’s not focused on winning.

Whatever, he’s a troll. Him and his stupid soccer team can EAD (as he likes to say)

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:13 am

I don't believe that one can tie this in a nice pretty bow.

Just like most things, there is not a single reason for Madden's trolling. It's true that Madden has been perpetually doubling down on his dumb Juju takes because of the backlash. But at one time he intrinsically concocted the notion that Juju is bad because he tweets and expressed it. Now, I suppose the questions is whether he genuinely believed it, but he still generated the thought and then weaponized the thought to antagonize people.

Granted, this should never have gotten to this point, whether it's the dunces that call in to argue about Juju, or the folks on twitter that reply to him. But now a longstanding radio gag manifests in a way where Madden is celebrating Juju's failure solely for the value of wanting him to fail.

I don't blame Madden, he's an arrogant fat ass Jaba the Hut that smells his own farts all day, I look down on his brainless listeners.