Pittsburgh Sports Media Thread

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Postby iamjs » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:00 am

Josh Miller is on the morning show as we speak. :?:
Possible that he might have given his notice?

My guess is that the OP got some bad Intel, ran with it, and ended up being wrong.

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:39 pm

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:56 pm

Just had to close the office door...I can't watch this stuff anymore. When she insisted on walking up the steps all by herself under the chemo drugs my eyes started streaming tears. Then it started again when she walked out at the CEC. I know Pittsburgh Dad Jr. gets some grief in here for the radio show, but he seems like a great father.

llipgh2

Postby llipgh2 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:11 pm

Just had to close the office door...I can't watch this stuff anymore. When she insisted on walking up the steps all by herself under the chemo drugs my eyes started streaming tears. Then it started again when she walked out at the CEC. I know Pittsburgh Dad Jr. gets some grief in here for the radio show, but he seems like a great father.
I watched this on Sunday. Between that and the Humboldt vigil I was a teary eyed mess.

NAN

Postby NAN » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:29 pm

Yep, I bash Pittsburgh Dad Jr. and think he's a ******, but it's all on the radio side. On the personal side, he seems like a fantastic dad and person. I wish Daren and the family the best of luck through this. I hope to god I never have to experience this with my children.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:42 pm

:thumb:

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:06 pm

Yea I don't care about his personal life. He's got a ton to deal with. He just sucks at radio.

Tico Rick

Postby Tico Rick » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:30 pm

Josh Miller is on the morning show as we speak. :?:
Possible that he might have given his notice?

Or he's like Melvin.

Silentom

Postby Silentom » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:31 pm

Melvin, lol.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:41 pm

Caught some numb nuts on with Crowley on my way home. He's talking hockey and says he wants to see the Predators "get their (THEIR*) Cup." Said how close they came last year and how awesome the fan base is and that they should get their moment. He said even Penguin fans were commenting last year about how much fun they were having and how great it was. JLawYeahOk.gif. So I waited and had to know who this was. Then he's talking about how its the greatest thing when Vegas does the "Sweeet Golden Nights." (Because no other teams in sports play Neil Diamond). Of course it's Wyshynski.

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:08 pm

Wyshynski is a dolt. **** that guy.

And Bobby Clarke and Mackey and Dad and Yohe and Bonino. **** em all.

Robot B9

Postby Robot B9 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:41 pm

Pittsburgh Dad Jr. is just not good with other cohosts. Too robotic and formulaic. He will talk, then other guy talks for half that length of time then over to colony for one third of that time. And it just keeps cycling.

mamaemeritus

Postby mamaemeritus » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:25 am

In other news, apparently today IS Josh Miller's last day on Da Fan.

Robot B9

Postby Robot B9 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:52 am

Good luck and Godspeed with his other ventures. He's a valued show guest periodically, but not a good radio personality.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:43 am

Pittsburgh Dad Jr. is just not good with other cohosts. Too robotic and formulaic. He will talk, then other guy talks for half that length of time then over to colony for one third of that time. And it just keeps cycling.
Heard him and poni talking over each other for 3 seconds the other day and cruised on by.

@slappybrown - I would rather listen to Mike and Bob over the fan morning show.

Robot B9

Postby Robot B9 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:03 am

Heard him and poni talking over each other for 3 seconds the other day and cruised on by.

That day was just brutal. Ponies speaks very slowly and draws everything out. Pittsburgh Dad Jr. sounds like hes on coke, so he speaks fast. He kept cutting Poni off to try to get the spots in. Just oil and water.

I wouldn't be surprised if poni leaves soon for another gig. He seems to get a lot of run on cbs national radio, and gets referenced a lot on other cbs shows.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:35 pm

Damn Miller was there for 7 years. Never would have guessed that.

iamjs

Postby iamjs » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:51 pm

Good luck and Godspeed with his other ventures. He's a valued show guest periodically, but not a good radio personality.
I liked Miller, but like you said he wasn't a good radio personality or at least one for sports outside of football. Good on him for making 7 years out of it though.

Unless it was under bad terms, which somebody who listened this morning would have a better idea than I do right now, I can see him maybe filling in on short notice.

iamjs

Postby iamjs » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:55 pm

That day was just brutal. Ponies speaks very slowly and draws everything out. Pittsburgh Dad Jr. sounds like hes on coke, so he speaks fast. He kept cutting Poni off to try to get the spots in. Just oil and water.

I wouldn't be surprised if poni leaves soon for another gig. He seems to get a lot of run on cbs national radio, and gets referenced a lot on other cbs shows.
That day was brutal. Colin kept on talking over Poni and couldn't get a word in. I made it a minute before the bell sounded, the bell obviously being a break for commercials.

It will be a better day for Da Fan when both of those jabronis are gone. I think you're right when saying Poni will be gone soon. If I remember correctly, they did something similiar with Gio towards the end of his tenure with the Fan. He was getting lots of national time on Saturdays and then was gone.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:08 pm

Damn Miller was there for 7 years. Never would have guessed that.
A truly unremarkable radio personality. He seemed like a guy that just showed up and spouted off cliche sports phrases.

NailedPenguin

Postby NailedPenguin » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:15 pm

Oh that's right he started as 1/3 of Sheibel, Schtarkey, and Milluh (shoutout Vinman) and that was forever ago so I can see 7 years.

NailedPenguin

Postby NailedPenguin » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:07 pm

This just made me chuckle. Thought I'd share.
Colin Pittsburgh Dad Jr.

@colin_Pittsburgh Dad Jr.
All is fine. The Flyers ain’t beating the Penguins three times in a row.
Relax.
johnny
‏Replying to @colin_Pittsburgh Dad Jr.
The "experts" said the Pens couldn't lose in 2012. You're not an expert though. Your just a guy that talks for 10 minutes between 50 minutes of commercials

mamaemeritus

Postby mamaemeritus » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:36 am

God help us all. Zeise is "guest co-hosting" today and tomorrow on Da Fan Morning Show.

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:17 am

Greetings uhhhhhhhhhhh and welcome to the uhhhhhhhbbb machine

Silentom

Postby Silentom » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:19 am

Ugh. Now I've got Pink Floyd in my head.