Pittsburgh Sports Media Thread

dodint

Postby dodint » Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:02 am

I can't stand either one, rooting for their version of mutually destructive global thermonuclear war.
i push people off piers you want to see them destroyed in a thermonuclear war
what is this world coming to?
To be fair, war for them looks a lot like this:
Just not as well dressed.

NAN

Postby NAN » Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:47 pm

Hahahaha. I'm listening to the FAN right now. Ron Cook was talking to Hagman and said he reminded him of Ron Jeremy. Hagman didn't know what to say. Ron kept going "yeah, you remind me of Ron Jeremy" and then started talking about Anchorman. Obviously he messed up, but it was very awkward.

pens9192

Postby pens9192 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:59 pm

DK still grinding his heel in today:

When did MM say this stuff to DK's face on the air? I've missed some shows..was it recently?

and then coming after a Twitter user for not knowing "journalism"..lol:

This is all just :face: :face: BS

pens9192

Postby pens9192 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:57 pm

I guess DK had a Twitter poll up about what he should do about the situation like the teenage girl that he is (also in teenager fashion, he just took down the poll a few minutes ago). The last I saw, the "Be friends" option was winning :roll:

But you know things are bad when Zeise has the most sensible take:

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:20 am

For a person who "didn't want to discuss it" after it happen. He's gone to great lengths on discussing it, sub-tweeting, throwing insults, saying his profession has been attacked.

I vaguely remember this our team not his, stuff as him going after nutting and saying the city had to step in and do something, but now it's turned out that he just wanted everyone fired. There was totally discussions had with him about taking ownership away from Nutting.

That all changed at one point, I assume when management was replaced, but he totally tried to rile people up to take back the team.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:23 am

NAN

Postby NAN » Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:26 am

DK is a turd.

He also blew up and said he was throwing away his Green Lantern comic collection that he has built up since the 1960s because they disrespected Hale Jordan.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:22 am

DK is a turd.

He also blew up and said he was throwing away his Green Lantern comic collection that he has built up since the 1960s because they disrespected Hale Jordan.
Directly in the dumpster, right.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:26 am

Love when dumb people think they are making a profound point

NAN

Postby NAN » Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:03 pm

Madden and DK really going at it on twitter over the last 24 hours.

Madden made a comment that DKs site is failing and all his staff is working part time for small pay. DK ain't having it and had an open book discussion of all the finances, and anything about his site last night.

Madden still making comments today and DK is pissed.

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:22 pm

Madden managing to make me sympathetic towards DK. What an accomplishment.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:34 pm

I think it's a pissing contest and it's annoying. Madden is overbearing, but DK is overbearing too. It's a lose-lose situation.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:36 pm

Oof just read that DK is getting a cease and desist letter because Madden is talking trash on Twitter. Knew it was coming to this because DK is soft emotionally, but Madden saying he doesn't care about Twitter, goes out of his way to live on twitter.

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:01 pm

I’m just impressed that all of this has spiraled out of Madden not understanding how the MLB draft works.

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:55 pm

Well, if I heard from a reputable source - a sports talk host with a long career in Pittsburgh - that another outlet was going under, I'd probably not bother to subscribe to that outlet.

That's hurting DK and his business, so a cease and desist is probably in order. I'd go for an apology and retraction as well.

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Postby iamjs » Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:31 am

For a person who "didn't want to discuss it" after it happen. He's gone to great lengths on discussing it, sub-tweeting, throwing insults, saying his profession has been attacked.

I vaguely remember this our team not his, stuff as him going after nutting and saying the city had to step in and do something, but now it's turned out that he just wanted everyone fired. There was totally discussions had with him about taking ownership away from Nutting.

That all changed at one point, I assume when management was replaced, but he totally tried to rile people up to take back the team.
Three months later, he's still talking about it. What a child.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:20 am

Madden let go from Channel 11's final word. Blames DK obviously.

Both in this situation are turds - I fault DK more for doing a 1000% about-face on the Pirates making it look really awful.

NAN

Postby NAN » Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:37 am

Both in this situation are turds - I fault DK more for doing a 1000% about-face on the Pirates making it look really awful.
I can see some of his about face, his big thing on the Buccos was clearing out the front office, which they did, but then he goes full bore on board, which is fine I guess.

But man, the dude has EXTREMELY thin skin. The Pirates still suck, and after 30 years of it, you have to be understandable that people are pissed and skeptical.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:54 am

I don't understand if that's his gimmick anymore or not, but he's entering this hardcore gatekeeping thing that's actively turning me off on any of his opinions.

Pirates seemingly can do no wrong now in the FO - and technically, we haven't seen anything from these dudes but losing seasons. Just like the last regime, even though they're making "better" trades.

genoscoif

Postby genoscoif » Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:14 am

I can see some of his about face, his big thing on the Buccos was clearing out the front office, which they did, but then he goes full bore on board, which is fine I guess.

But man, the dude has EXTREMELY thin skin. The Pirates still suck, and after 30 years of it, you have to be understandable that people are pissed and skeptical.
My main problem with DK is it seemed in the height of his Pirate hate it was obviously directed at the FO, but it was also an effort to apply pressure to Nutting. FO was addressed, but the root cause still exists...yet his criticism did a complete about face. Kinda weird.

robbiestoupe

Postby robbiestoupe » Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:51 am

It wasn't just DK getting on the FO's horse a few years ago. The PG and Trib started writing scathing articles on FGMNH. Even some of the blogs if I remember correctly were starting to second guess Neal. I think Bob succumbed to the pressure, and in his typical buffoonery botched the whole thing by firing people out of order.

NAN

Postby NAN » Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:00 am

I don't understand if that's his gimmick anymore or not, but he's entering this hardcore gatekeeping thing that's actively turning me off on any of his opinions.

Pirates seemingly can do no wrong now in the FO - and technically, we haven't seen anything from these dudes but losing seasons. Just like the last regime, even though they're making "better" trades.
I'm willing to give this front office time. It's not going to turnaround over night. It will be a few years.

But yeah, DK's gatekeeping is annoying AF.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:06 am

It wasn't just DK getting on the FO's horse a few years ago. The PG and Trib started writing scathing articles on FGMNH. Even some of the blogs if I remember correctly were starting to second guess Neal. I think Bob succumbed to the pressure, and in his typical buffoonery botched the whole thing by firing people out of order.
I very clearly remember DK asking Peduto if the city can do anything in regards to ownership putting a better product on the field, to which Peduto responded, not really.

I don't see why DK says that didn't happen, but there are receipts somewhere.

pens9192

Postby pens9192 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:56 pm

Yeah the gatekeeping annoys me the most too. I hate it in in other aspects of life but its just f'n weird how DK does it with the Pirates. People aren't allowed to still be angry with the franchise in his Tweet reply or article comments?

Does WPXI pay DKPS or something, how did their panel show end being all DK people? Madden was the only good spot on their show. WPXI's show is the "B Team" to KDKA's Showdown anyway.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:56 pm

When DK was in his Pirate complaining phase, he threw a fit when the Pirates non-tendered Jeff Karstens.

That's when I knew for sure that DK had bad opinions, and I am not sure I've ever seen evidence to the contrary.