Pittsburgh Sports Media Thread

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:55 pm

I'm enjoying it. F Time Williams. Maybe if he hadn't spent 2 solid months telling over that what they see with their own two eyes isnt really there because he knows better, he'd garner a bit more sympathy. Now when things have all but bottomed out and he has no choice, he's trying to play the "See, I criticize the pirates. I can't believe people call me a shill!" Going thru his tweets from April and May is like one giant "This tweet aged well" meme.

And that JanePitt. F her too. I see her on my timeline rarely but when I do I try to get someone to explain to me who the hell she is and I still have no gotten an answer.

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Postby iamjs » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:16 pm

Out of that JanePitt thing - Madden did bring the heat with her too. She hasn't been relevant since she was fired from that web magazine years ago. She sucks too.

I thought she quit, or was it one of those things that her position was eliminated? Doesn't matter either way.

I used to follow her and she got really weird after that firing/release/whatever it was.

slappybrown

Postby slappybrown » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:17 pm

SHould I know who this person is? What did she write for?

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:35 pm

Nah - she's a random writer who thinks she's all things Pittsburgh.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:45 pm

So that Billie Nardozzi whoever, that would write those dumb songs and sing them on the Fan is apparently now a woman.

https://twitter.com/colin_Pittsburgh Dad Jr./status ... 9294543872

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Postby iamjs » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:46 pm

Nah - she's a random writer who thinks she's all things Pittsburgh.

and don't you dare write anything negative about Peduto while she's checking twitter.

I got a snarky response from her once because of my referencing Peduto as "Billy Bikepath."

slappybrown

Postby slappybrown » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:48 pm

So that Billie Nardozzi whoever, that would write those dumb songs and sing them on the Fan is apparently now a woman.

NP has not driven down Bigelow Blvd lately, where Mr./Ms. Nardozzi has had his/her very own rotating billboard for about a year now (in drag, of course).

NailedPenguin

Postby NailedPenguin » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:58 pm

I have not but the back way I take to PNC park off the Greentree exit there is or was a billboard but I wasn't aware it was advertising real life.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:02 pm

https://www.pghcitypaper.com/pittsburgh ... id=8594198

NailedPenguin

Postby NailedPenguin » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:09 pm

I must be out of touch. All news to me.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:29 pm

Honestly was news to me after you said something. Good for him/her, hope he/she's happy.

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:57 pm

NP has not driven down Bigelow Blvd lately, where Mr./Ms. Nardozzi has had his/her very own rotating billboard for about a year now (in drag, of course).
also pays for space in the post gazettes announcement segment thingy each week.

pens9192

Postby pens9192 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:22 pm

Does this phenomenon exist in other sports markets? Like I'm sure there are tiffs between media personalities, but to this nonstop extent?
Chris Russo and Mike Francesa had a recent feud with Boomer Esiason and Gregg Giannotti at WFAN. Of course Gio had ties to the Pittsburgh Sports Media circus: https://nypost.com/2018/04/02/boomer-es ... e-mad-dog/

Not sure if its still going on, don't really care to check

pens9192

Postby pens9192 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:27 pm

She gets really triggered by Wendy Bell...

Speaking of Wendy Bell, she has recently been on mornings with Marty Griffin (talk about two egos..) on KDKA-AM like as a cohost or something. My predictions is she will get her own show or be a fill-in host. Maybe to replace Mike Pintek as afternoon host, dunno. JanePitt will probably be her first caller. Grab the popcorn.

NailedPenguin

Postby NailedPenguin » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:49 pm

Chris Russo and Francesa. My God. I'd take a power drill to my temple before I'd ever listen to those two have a conversation. Much less a shouting match.

Nittany Ned

Postby Nittany Ned » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:23 pm

Out of that JanePitt thing - Madden did bring the heat with her too. She hasn't been relevant since she was fired from that web magazine years ago. She sucks too.

What’s wrong with Virginia Montanez? Her and MM usually get along well.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:09 pm

She tries way to hard to have a relevant thought in Pittsburgh. Madden was giving her the business because she's got an opinion about everything.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:25 pm

She tries way to hard to have a relevant thought in Pittsburgh. Madden was giving her the business because she's got an opinion about everything.
Who was that other girl that kept injecting herself into the middle of everything during the whole DK saga? I thought she was some amateur blogger or something (and an attractive one at that)

dodint

Postby dodint » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:51 pm

I searched this thread for 'white knight' and the post quoted below was right above the only result.
Beth
‏@pghgirl15222
17h17 hours ago
More
On a final note, I’ve confirmed that the other source who chose to not be named will at some point, sooner versus later, put their name out and given how credible this person is the doubters will feel stupid, but if you didn’t trust me at first, don’t apologize. It’s useless.
This would work too, interested in knowing that source.

Nittany Ned

Postby Nittany Ned » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:53 pm

Yep, Beth Mincin.

DK has kinda stagnated, but seems to be doing well enough still regardless.

Silentom

Postby Silentom » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:00 am

I still found it hilarious that the crazy eyes lady registered here to defend herself.

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:38 am

I still found it hilarious that the crazy eyes lady registered here to defend herself.
after dodint quoted that white knight post, I went back and re-read most of that saga from late January. probably a top 5 moment most entertaining moment in Kenny the kangaroo's internet message board history

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:24 am

Yep, Beth Mincin.

The day the Deadspin article was published DK had 38,951 subscribers with 371 lifetime subscriptions. The lifetime subscription option went away but in the closing days to purchase it I remember seeing the count up over 450. In April his total subscriber count was at 38,451. As of this morning the site lists 38,053 subscriptions. The Deadspin article seemed to cost him a couple hundred subscribers and for the year he's closing in on 900 subscriptions lost, but yea the site seems to be stagnated but still going strong. 38,000 annual subscriptions is over $1.5MM in revenue. As long as he did something semi-responsible with the money fronted via three-year and lifetime subscriptions DK should be in good shape for a while.

NAN

Postby NAN » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:30 am

Yep, Beth Mincin.

The day the Deadspin article was published DK had 38,951 subscribers with 371 lifetime subscriptions. The lifetime subscription option went away but in the closing days to purchase it I remember seeing the count up over 450. In April his total subscriber count was at 38,451. As of this morning the site lists 38,053 subscriptions. The Deadspin article seemed to cost him a couple hundred subscribers and for the year he's closing in on 900 subscriptions lost, but yea the site seems to be stagnated but still going strong. 38,000 annual subscriptions is over $1.5MM in revenue. As long as he did something semi-responsible with the money fronted via three-year and lifetime subscriptions DK should be in good shape for a while.
He stated in one of his weekly site stuff they were expecting that drop too because a lot of people signed up for the Pens Stanley Cup championship coverage last June that probably wouldn't renew. He has the sponsorship revenue as well.

Who knows how his site will go, but that deadspin fiasco didn't really do much. I think some of the hit was soften because some of the people claiming the DK stuff came off as batshit crazy too. Just my opinion.

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

Postby LITT » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:33 am

i imagine the deadspin article had no impact on his readership. he panders to an audience that continues to talk about the pirates and hope for better times and an audience that still absorbs content from ron cook. he could have actual monkeys type articles and his target market would still pay for it hoping for better material eventually