Pittsburgh Sports Media Thread

dodint

Postby dodint » Sun Jun 05, 2022 11:14 am

He's just trying to point the spotlight on himself to drive traffic to his website.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:26 am

His gatekeeping Pirates schtick is so tired. It's turned me off completely to his website, or anyone that writes on his website. I'm like 99% sure he's a pissbaby, because no "vet" in the industry wants to work with him long.

He's 100% the worst part of his own business.

pens9192

Postby pens9192 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:36 pm

But he has to go out of his way to make everyone feel stupid. POS, another example why people are rubbed the wrong way by him.
I’m not really a fan of this word because I think it gets overused these days, but I realized tonight that DK is like the master gaslighter. He starts crap on twitter, but then acts like he didn’t or, like you said, that fans/followers are stupid for thinking X. The “our team, not his” is the perfect example of that. But also what he did earlier today with this tweet:

I’m not going to search for the tweets, but I know for a fact that just in the last week or so he had multiple tweets/QTs sarcastically pointing out payroll differences between the Pirates and other teams. Oh, but now he has to go see what the crazies are saying on Facebook about payroll.

Ugh, I just can’t stand him. I actually think he might be bipolar or something. What else would explain his behavior? (Other than just being an ass)
yep. it was just last week a sarcastic QT like you mentioned, this one specifically about both New York teams being in first place. Someone yesterday called the Pirates "scrappy" and that seemed to trigger him and DK argued they weren't. He seems to believe this fanbase shouldn't be guarded about the team and can't make those comments. Ok, they are playing well as of late and that's great but their track record, save for a few years, for the past 30 years has been horrendous. Why shouldn't we be guarded. Its f'n early June. Like, they lost a whole generation of fans. Getting rid of Cole Tucker and calling up a few young guys the past few weeks doesn't suddenly erase that.

Arguing in real life has to be the same way with him, likely explains all the people he's lost at his site.

Joegap

Postby Joegap » Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:24 pm

Going to make sure I always wear Pittsburgh gear while on vacation, so I never have the chance to interact with Pittsburgh Dad Jr

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:28 pm

I wore my back-to-back Cups t-shirt at Disney World a few months ago. Fight me, Colin. :lol:

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:35 pm

I mean, I do get it. Everywhere I go when someone asks where I'm from and I say "Pittsburgh," the response is always "Bet you're a big Steelers fan, huh?" No, actually I'm not.

Sadly, one time after having this conversation in Canada, I tried to talk hockey, and the response was, "actually, I'm from Canada and I hate hockey." Bazinga.

NAN

Postby NAN » Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:01 pm

Pittsburgh Dad Jr. is right. I dress head to toe Pitt stuff. H2P.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:18 pm

I don't read the Pitt thread but thought you were a Penn State guy.

NAN

Postby NAN » Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:19 pm

No way man. Huge Pitt guy.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:22 pm

Sorry. :)

I've always seen PSU as a more republican school so maybe that's why.

NAN

Postby NAN » Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:26 pm

Sorry. :)

I've always seen PSU as a more republican school so maybe that's why.
:lol:

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:27 pm

nan might be dumb but he isn't that dumb

NAN

Postby NAN » Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:31 pm

nan might be dumb but he isn't that dumb
:thumb:

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:37 pm

Thank God. Stay there.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:26 pm

Pittsburgh Dad Jr. is such an dadhole. My mom brought a Steelers hoodie and a PSU hoodie... Had a few great conversations with some folks over in Ireland. A couple Irish steelers fans and some folks from back in PA. I guess that means we are losers

(in before "No, the PSU gear makes you a loser")

Orlando Penguin

Postby Orlando Penguin » Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:27 pm

Is that dope so egotistical that he thinks someone from Pittsburgh would recognize him and immediately want to start talking shop? What if I had been playing golf as a single while wearing a Penguins polo and got paired up with him? I'll wear my 'colors' all the time all over because you never know what kind of conversation it might spark (positive or negative). Today, I checked into my hotel in Boston and I had a Towson hat on and the guy at the front desk went to school with one of the basketball players from a few years ago and it turned out that I probably officiated a game that the front desk guy had played in way back when. This baseball season, I've taken to wearing a Hartford Yard Goats hat while out at events. Inevitably, someone is going to ask why I'm wearing a hat with a goat on it so then I get to brag on my cousin who plays for them. Bottom line is that this Pittsburgh Dad Jr. character seems like an ungrateful **** who has no clue how to interact with society. He desperately needs to get over himself.

pens9192

Postby pens9192 » Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:51 pm

haha, DK sounds a lot different about the Pirates now than he did just 11 days ago. Progress not linear n'at

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:11 pm

DK is up there with Pittsburgh Dad Jr. in being insufferable. When the highs are high, you're an idiot for never being faithful, and DK lets you know about it.

When the lows are lows, the city needs to be outrage, they need to get Nutting out of there, etc.

He's a pissbaby.

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:31 pm

He’s demented.

NAN

Postby NAN » Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:57 am

DK going off yesterday and today because someone from WPXI tweeted a story that another shooting downtown is chasing people away.

He said the shooting never happened and downtown is as vibrant as ever and is going scorched earth about it.

Also sort of glad TB crushed Colorado yesterday (I'm still rooting for Colorado). Dan Kinerski (sp?) tweeted out after game 2 that if the Avs crush the Bolts this series, it tarnishes the Bolts last 2 cups and what they have done recently "just because". And was dead serious about it.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:00 am

He is a pissbaby.

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:23 am

Apparently DK opened a new HQ/shop on Fifth Ave., so of course he's being a pissbaby because everything is about him.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:33 am

lol that's exactly it.

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:51 am

It's on that stretch of fifth by valozzis and where the YMCA used to be. I predict big things

pens9192

Postby pens9192 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:38 am

DK gatekeeping hard for downtown not long after opening up a shop there..hmm must be coincidence, haha. He needs feel good stories and foot traffic so people stop by his stupid shop and buy the overpriced crap so he can make money. I still don't understand why he felt the need to open a retail store during a pandemic, but whatever. He won't come out and say that, but that's his motivation. Of course he's always loved Pittsburgh, but he's really going all in disputing this about Downtown. So weird he does it after he has a vested interest in keeping people around...

Someone said this morning that there was probably shots fired instead of a shooting and DK acting like a brat "its not the same thing. That happens all the time in our area, etc". Shots fired reports are enough for some people to get the perception in their mind that an area isn't safe so they avoid it. Risk management. Apparently DK doesn't have any and is superior to all others. Makes sense because he doesn't think others should complain, blocks you on social media, mocks others peoples complaints, but then goes and does the same things but its only ok because he did it himself. Screw DK.