Pittsburgh Sports Media Thread

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:31 am

Disagree, this gentleman wishes there was a bit more information to read about some of these players on the team.

Obviously it is en vogue and probably justifiable to not disclose anything to the media. And yes, everyone runs a tight ship these days. That being said, this gentleman contends that the performance of some young freshman, say demarri mathis, or rashad weaver, is far more interesting to a pitt super panther fan than it is to some ACC coach. No team is going to change a game plan if pitt decides to release some information on how someone like mathis is progressing. Or it would be ncie to see how someone like pickett is doing. Or it would be nice see what the hell is going on with macvitte. no opposing coach gives a sht about a true freshman QB.

slappybrown

Postby slappybrown » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:01 pm

Disagree, this gentleman wishes there was a bit more information to read about some of these players on the team.

Obviously it is en vogue and probably justifiable to not disclose anything to the media. And yes, everyone runs a tight ship these days. That being said, this gentleman contends that the performance of some young freshman, say demarri mathis, or rashad weaver, is far more interesting to a pitt super panther fan than it is to some ACC coach. No team is going to change a game plan if pitt decides to release some information on how someone like mathis is progressing. Or it would be ncie to see how someone like pickett is doing. Or it would be nice see what the hell is going on with macvitte. no opposing coach gives a sht about a true freshman QB.
There is plenty of that on PL during the off season and during camp. Game week isnt the time for that IMO.

Nittany Ned

Postby Nittany Ned » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:37 am

The only people who care that we didn't get some canned coach-speak before the game are the media, and half of them are UPS homers in any event. Biertfempel spent the entire Rose Bowl picking fights with Pitt fans on Twitter while his team was playing one of the best games of the year.
Unpopular opinion alert... I love Rob. Got a chance to talk to him during a PSU game a few years ago and he's actually a really good guy. Clearly a Rossi-type in the sense he literally doesn't care who talks down on him as long as he's succeeding in his position, which I respect.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:45 pm

dodint

Postby dodint » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:15 pm

Yay.

columbia

Postby columbia » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:31 pm

Do I have to pay for the pleasure?

NAN

Postby NAN » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:14 am

Man did the Pgh media cry over Narduzzi not opening access. WAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Old Baldy

Postby Old Baldy » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:40 am

Do I have to pay for the pleasure?
No. (unless they lock it down later)

Listen to the constant live stream linked above or each individual segment/podcast here:
http://dkpittsburghsports.podbean.com/

Old Baldy

Postby Old Baldy » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:48 am

It is a shame DK can't find a host that is a combination of Benz and Gajtka.

Benz is a radio natural but he is such a whinny jerk, his DK show devolved (like Madden's too) into wasting 5 minutes debating/arguing against some random anonymous twitter post.

Gajtka's radio demeanor is way too stiff, but he is calm, logical and even-handed in presenting both sides. Although he did say on Morning Java his major was TV-Radio so maybe he'll grow into it.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:55 am

I don't care about the Pitt closed media thing. When they did it and won all was well. The media takes things way too personally - and they legitimately think they run the sports world.

I don't care about the players thoughts or feelings.

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:15 am

Scott Burnside is still whining about Mario not talking to him in 2009 or whenever that was. :lol:

NAN

Postby NAN » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:31 am

I don't care about the Pitt closed media thing. When they did it and won all was well. The media takes things way too personally - and they legitimately think they run the sports world.

They are constantly taking backhanded shots at Pitt all the time too, and then they cry. F them.

DK keeps saying he doesn't care, but then goes on to say this is a major black mark on Heather Lyke. WTF?

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:34 am

remember, pitt is among the low hanging fruit in Pittsburgh. the media doesn't have that many opportunities to take shots at teams, so when they do have a chance to take a shot, they take full advantage of it. the rooneys and tomlin are untouchable. Mario is untouchable. GMJR is too busy winning cups to be criticized (and lets face it, if he wasn't winning, the media would bash him mercilessly for his personality, the wheeling and dealing, etc). All that is left is the pirates and pitt.

NAN

Postby NAN » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:42 am

remember, pitt is among the low hanging fruit in Pittsburgh. the media doesn't have that many opportunities to take shots at teams, so when they do have a chance to take a shot, they take full advantage of it. the rooneys and tomlin are untouchable. Mario is untouchable. GMJR is too busy winning cups to be criticized (and lets face it, if he wasn't winning, the media would bash him mercilessly for his personality, the wheeling and dealing, etc). All that is left is the pirates and pitt.
Hell, Rossi was bashing stuff for the Pens until they won the 2 Cups. He was crying as well about the Pitt news and he doesn't even cover them. Will Graves was crying a lot as well.

columbia

Postby columbia » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:45 am

There's Duquesne basketball, but no one cares about that.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:46 am

They are constantly taking backhanded shots at Pitt all the time too, and then they cry. F them.

DK keeps saying he doesn't care, but then goes on to say this is a major black mark on Heather Lyke. WTF?
Well I just read that article. He only made it seem like she's not doing what she promised as Pitt trying to gain more exposure with local media. That was only cited by that Jabroni basketball coach reducing his player's media time.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:47 am

Hell, Rossi was bashing stuff for the Pens until they won the 2 Cups. He was crying as well about the Pitt news and he doesn't even cover them. Will Graves was crying a lot as well.
The best thing about Pittsburgh Media was when Rossi was moved to upgruv. Haven't had to hear/read a lick about that guy since the change.

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:48 am

lol this site probably gets more views than upgruv

NAN

Postby NAN » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:50 am

Well I just read that article. He only made it seem like she's not doing what she promised as Pitt trying to gain more exposure with local media. That was only cited by that Jabroni basketball coach reducing his player's media time.
Stallings stuff occurred prior to her, and to be honest, he got bashed for being open and honest about his players, so I don't blame him.

On top of that, DK and his "come clean" comment during the Stallings announcement, F him.

I don't know how this has anything to do with Lyke. If anything, blame Narduzzi.

NAN

Postby NAN » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:50 am

lol this site probably gets more views than upgruv
He's not with the Trib anymore?

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:51 am

upgruv is either owned by 535 media or the Trib. Rossi just doesn't actively represent the Trib anymore.

dodint

Postby dodint » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:51 am

Who's not with the what?

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:55 am

I think the all the beat writers are acceptable, biertempfl is good when he talks about the Pirates, but otherwise unbearable, so you just have to hope that someone retweets his relevant output.

The columnists are all dreadful though. Cook's idiocy has been well documented, I think DK was just much more fragile than he appeared when he was just doing columns and radio interviews. Twitter has just ruined the man.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:58 am

Wasn't Biertempfl the guy who bullied someone else reporting on the Pirates?

Ha, he was - https://zacharymweisssite.wordpress.com ... pfel-trib/

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:01 am

Wasn't Biertempfl the guy who bullied someone else reporting on the Pirates?

Ha, he was - https://zacharymweisssite.wordpress.com ... pfel-trib/
Yeah, he is unbearable and I had stopped following him prior to all of that because one day we has live tweeting some lawrenceville cookie day