Wine, Scotch, Rum, Tequila, Vodka, and the like

LeopardLetang

Postby LeopardLetang » Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:29 am

I dreamed 2 nights ago that I got a new job as a convenience store employee. I had this bum girl as a boss and my first customer was a dirty loser and I had to serve him 3 hotdogs out of the fridge. My family came in and I exclaimed "I love this job!" And I really felt like I did.

eddy

Postby eddy » Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:25 am

Blanton's, eagle rare and Buffalo Trace are hitting shelves today in PA, check your stores

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

Postby LITT » Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:15 am

oh snap. need a B for Blanton's

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

Postby LITT » Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:14 pm

Blanton's, eagle rare and Buffalo Trace are hitting shelves today in PA, check your stores
can one not search blanton's on the state site?

eddy

Postby eddy » Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:21 pm

can one not search blanton's on the state site?
I have in the past, but not today for whatever reason

LITT

Postby LITT » Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:28 pm

every time i try it somes up with nothing. probably the last 18 months

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:32 pm

Kicked a bottle of 1792 Small Batch. Not bad. Decent amounts of caramel, spice, and oak. The overall sum seems to be a little ho-hum, though. It's certainly not bad, but it's not stand-out great, either. Reminds me a little of Bulleit, to that extent. I think I'm going to try Knob Creek next.

LITT

Postby LITT » Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:47 am

i like 1792 small batch

LITT

Postby LITT » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:01 am

so ive been making the rounds hitting my local stores asking about this since your post

people queue over an hour in advance. every bottle is sold before it hits the shelf. the store in wexford received 12 bottles and 18 people lined up on monday

LITT

Postby LITT » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:04 am

went to mclaughlin distillery yesterday in sewickley to use a gift card. for those unaware, it is located immediately to the east on the mt nebo exit off 79 (first turn on the right heading east on mt nebo towards sewickley). the baby barrell bourbon is quite tasty and significantly better than antyhing that wigle has to offer. its 99 bucks but they run deals on it

eddy

Postby eddy » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:22 am

so ive been making the rounds hitting my local stores asking about this since your post

people queue over an hour in advance. every bottle is sold before it hits the shelf. the store in wexford received 12 bottles and 18 people lined up on monday
Yep, that's basically the experience Ive encountered as well. Dumb

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:58 am

went to mclaughlin distillery yesterday in sewickley to use a gift card. for those unaware, it is located immediately to the east on the mt nebo exit off 79 (first turn on the right heading east on mt nebo towards sewickley). the baby barrell bourbon is quite tasty and significantly better than antyhing that wigle has to offer. its 99 bucks but they run deals on it
west not east. come on man. you are going to be sending the good people of 5af to a sheetz and not a distillery

LITT

Postby LITT » Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:39 am

west not east. come on man. you are going to be sending the good people of 5af to a sheetz and not a distillery
derp. thank you

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:45 am

You don't like shnack wrapz with your bourbon?

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:33 pm

Is Dickie our resident tequila expert?

Best blanco under $50… hit me. I mostly just make margaritas.

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:45 pm

Fortaleza but you'll probably never find it and it's greatness would be wasted in a margarita (unless you really wanted to make a margarita with it). Don Julio Blanco. Patron Silver if it's on sale. Cabo Wabo is decent enough. If they're available, Espolon or Olmeca Altos Plata are really good and pretty damn budget friendly. Those two would be my choice/recommendation.

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:35 am

Is Dickie our resident tequila expert?

Best blanco under $50… hit me. I mostly just make margaritas.
Spend five more dollars and get Casamigos

LITT

Postby LITT » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:01 am

Kirkland signature

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:49 am

Got to try this over the weekend. IMO a very different experience, smooth and fruity. Truly wonderful.

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:37 am

It’s good. If you go to Mexico it’s basically the “Gringo Special” of upcharging because of its smooth, sweet taste and cool bottle. It’s also “Undesirable No. 1” among tequila purists as it is one of the best examples of additive use with little traditional agave flavor. That being said, it’s pretty tasty.

count2infinity

Postby count2infinity » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:56 am

:lol:

Dickie with the most polite way of saying: that's sh*t.

Tomas

Postby Tomas » Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:12 am

Fortaleza but you'll probably never find it and it's greatness would be wasted in a margarita (unless you really wanted to make a margarita with it). Don Julio Blanco. Patron Silver if it's on sale. Cabo Wabo is decent enough. If they're available, Espolon or Olmeca Altos Plata are really good and pretty damn budget friendly. Those two would be my choice/recommendation.
As somebody who almost exclusively gets alcohol from Sam's Club (interesting piece of news: I'm a (plus) member, but one does NOT need Sam's membership to shop in their (separate) liquor stores!):

Don Julio Blanco will cost you ~$33
Patron Silver will cost you ~36

Our local store no longer has Casamigos (I don't mind because they still have all three Don Julio levels) - but Casamigos Blanco was right there at mid-30s as well...

count2infinity

Postby count2infinity » Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:16 am

PA's draconian liquor laws suck... Sam's club does not sell alcohol here.

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:27 am

:lol:

Dickie with the most polite way of saying: that's sh*t.
It’s not “sh*t”. If you like a sweeter flavor profile it’s pretty damn good. I have a bottle of the stuff sitting in our liquor cabinet. It’s just that as far as the purists are concerned it’s not “real” tequila.

LITT

Postby LITT » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:40 pm