Wine, Scotch, Rum, Tequila, Vodka, and the like

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:36 pm

After a successful nog season, I've learned that despite my previous belief rum, not bourbon, is my preferred nog alcohol.

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:08 pm

My one brother lived in Chicago for a time and we have this for New Years.

It’s awful. The after taste is like you’ve just thrown up and and not washed the acid out of your mouth.

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Tue Jan 02, 2024 5:56 am

I mentioned Malört just on the last page, so you can't say you weren't warned. ;)

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:22 pm

Got gifted a bottle of David E PA straight bourbon whiskey double oaked. I like it, go get it.

https://rickhouseramblings.com/2021/05/ ... oaked/amp/

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:48 pm

Any of yinz attempted a milk clarified cocktail yet?

I had a bag of limes intended to make drinks over the weekend that never happened and they look like they won't make it too much longer, so started making a milk clarified margarita. Pretty much just a marg that you at milk to and allow everything to curdle. Then you strain it to remove the curdled milk parts. Leaves a crystal clear cocktail that makes it shelf stable somehow. I'm curious as to how this is going to work out.

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:40 pm

Any of yinz attempted a milk clarified cocktail yet?

I had a bag of limes intended to make drinks over the weekend that never happened and they look like they won't make it too much longer, so started making a milk clarified margarita. Pretty much just a marg that you at milk to and allow everything to curdle. Then you strain it to remove the curdled milk parts. Leaves a crystal clear cocktail that makes it shelf stable somehow. I'm curious as to how this is going to work out.
I’ve done it a few times. Milk punch, daiquiri, jungle bird. It’s great. Makes a super velvety mouth feel. Really good for parties since your guests just have to pour it over ice