NFL

faftorial

NFL

Postby faftorial » Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:57 pm

They should fine the Browns too.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

NFL

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:59 pm

Great move by the NFL. Let the judge come out with a recommendation, gauge the PR and then change course accordingly.

shafnutz05

NFL

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:22 pm

This guy was like the most penalized player in NCAA. And it wasn't particularly close

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

NFL

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:14 pm

skullman80

NFL

Postby skullman80 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:14 pm

Let's go NFL.

mikey

NFL

Postby mikey » Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:44 pm

I'm telling you the last handful of games and into the playoffs Deebo got beat up alot. Between the tackles, on the end arounds etc..he got the ball way more because he was the only one healthy to pick up the yardage. Deebo was the running game basically.

He took big hits way more than most WR's do. His usage changed dramatically the 2nd half of the season. (I watched every game).

The truth is probably somewhere in the middle in all of this, and he hasn't specificially said why he wants traded, but I bet not wanting to get blasted by linebackers and linemen on a consistent basis as his career goes on was part of it. Money may be the other..no clue if the 49ers were going to play hardball on a contract extension or not.

Deebo is making a business decision for himself...can't blame him. He's my favorite player on the 49ers. I just got his damn jersey last year haha, but I understand where he is coming from if what I put above is the reason of him wanting out.
Hope you kept the jersey...

skullman80

NFL

Postby skullman80 » Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:14 pm

I'm telling you the last handful of games and into the playoffs Deebo got beat up alot. Between the tackles, on the end arounds etc..he got the ball way more because he was the only one healthy to pick up the yardage. Deebo was the running game basically.

He took big hits way more than most WR's do. His usage changed dramatically the 2nd half of the season. (I watched every game).

The truth is probably somewhere in the middle in all of this, and he hasn't specificially said why he wants traded, but I bet not wanting to get blasted by linebackers and linemen on a consistent basis as his career goes on was part of it. Money may be the other..no clue if the 49ers were going to play hardball on a contract extension or not.

Deebo is making a business decision for himself...can't blame him. He's my favorite player on the 49ers. I just got his damn jersey last year haha, but I understand where he is coming from if what I put above is the reason of him wanting out.
Hope you kept the jersey...
I did.

Let's gooooo.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

NFL

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:16 pm

hope you sold your Lance jersey

skullman80

NFL

Postby skullman80 » Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:45 pm

I don't own one yet. He will be fine though. I expect mistakes in training camp and even to start the season.

Defense is used to having to bail out the offense with Jimmy at QB....and eventually Lance will find his groove as QB1.

mikey

NFL

Postby mikey » Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:57 pm

I can't figure out what the appeal of Trey Lance is...his arm talent seems low end (high risk/low reward), is he like super fast or something...?

dodint

NFL

Postby dodint » Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:11 pm

He is fantastically great at not being Jimmy G. Like, wow, so great.

skullman80

NFL

Postby skullman80 » Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:17 pm

He's got a good/great arm, he's mobile, he's smart. He's also very very very raw. He played one full year at a D2 school basically. There are kinks to work out and mistakes will be made.

He's your "new" prototypical NFL QB. 49ers are banking on Turing raw potential into a great NFL QB. It's a risk no doubt, but I think with the weapons he has ...he's got a decent to good shot to develop quickly.

Lemon Berry Lobster

NFL

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:33 pm

I've liked what I have seen from Lance's throwing mechanics. Keeps the ball tight to the body and drives through the throw. If he can put it together, he'll be a solid QB. However, if he can put it all together, he'll be a hell of a QB.

nocera

NFL

Postby nocera » Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:26 pm

Finally. More flags.

mikey

NFL

Postby mikey » Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:27 pm

Where was that for the early 2000's Patriots...?

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

NFL

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:29 pm

from the files of “things no one in the world was asking for”…

MrKennethTKangaroo

NFL

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:00 pm

I think it's great. I love long sporting events that take up way too much time of prime autumn Sundays

skullman80

NFL

Postby skullman80 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:32 pm

Some context around Lance's practice yesterday and his numbers.

https://www.ninersnation.com/2022/8/8/2 ... trey-lance

mikey

NFL

Postby mikey » Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:43 pm

Man, the amount of coverage the NFL has is legit insane...we're talking about practice throws in such detail...Jesus...

I took a look at his rookie season "highlights" (which seems like it's just basically every play where he didn't screw up horrendously) on YT. For how low of a release point he has, I'm surprised his wind-up takes him so long and still produces comparatively little zip. I wonder if his inaccuracy is because of how slow his arm mechanics are and how little power it generates...

It's actually a little bit backwards...his intermediate throws seem soft, but his throws to RBs out in the flat seem needlessly fast...so, he's basically unfriendly (and, based on his arm mechanics, I'm assuming slightly behind) to WRs and unfriendly - in terms of passes that you can run into and generate speed behind the ball to RBs. If he were to switch those two releases up, he'd probably be fine...it's confusing to me that he would have these types of passes reversed, but like you said, "very raw", so I guess that's part of that. Similarly, he takes a lot of body shots when he runs...but I think a lot of young QBs, especially those that played at a lower level, don't understand how real the NFL is...

When I was watching that video, just as I was about to give up and be like, "hmmm, this guy sucks" he'd make a throw where I was like, "well, that's useful...that shows some upside..."

skullman80

NFL

Postby skullman80 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:46 pm

Man, the amount of coverage the NFL has is legit insane...we're talking about practice throws in such detail...Jesus...

I took a look at his rookie season "highlights" (which seems like it's just basically every play where he didn't screw up horrendously) on YT. For how low of a release point he has, I'm surprised his wind-up takes him so long and still produces comparatively little zip. I wonder if his inaccuracy is because of how slow his arm mechanics are and how little power it generates...

It's actually a little bit backwards...his intermediate throws seem soft, but his throws to RBs out in the flat seem needlessly fast...so, he's basically unfriendly (and, based on his arm mechanics, I'm assuming slightly behind) to WRs and unfriendly - in terms of passes that you can run into and generate speed behind the ball to RBs. If he were to switch those two releases up, he'd probably be fine...it's confusing to me that he would have these types of passes reversed, but like you said, "very raw", so I guess that's part of that. Similarly, he takes a lot of body shots when he runs...but I think a lot of young QBs, especially those that played at a lower level, don't understand how real the NFL is...

When I was watching that video, just as I was about to give up and be like, "hmmm, this guy sucks" he'd make a throw where I was like, "well, that's useful...that shows some upside..."
He had a messed up finger last year that changed how he had to throw the ball...which I think contributed to some issues. Obviously he could end up busting. This year will be up and down no matter what, but the defense is good enough to mitigate some of those downs IMO.

We shall see. I lobbied for the 49ers to pic him over Mac Jones and Justin Fields just because if you are going to swing you might as well swing for the fences at that high of a pick. Take the guy with the highest upside and "raw" talent, but the biggest boom or bust.

mikey

NFL

Postby mikey » Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:07 pm

Yeah, it's a good point about the defense. A young QB only needing to get 21 or 24 points to win is a lot different than one needing 31, 34, 35 points...

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

NFL

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:15 pm

I’m just laughing at Niners fans going to great lengths to justify a bad practice

I’m not really pro or anti Lance but I find it funny

skullman80

NFL

Postby skullman80 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:17 pm

I just think context is key. I don't think anyone is expecting him to come in and be a Mahomes right away. There will be plenty of ups and downs. He obviously has things to work on, but he is also going against one of the better defenses he is going to see in practice.

mikey

NFL

Postby mikey » Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:18 pm

It's just crazy that there is any platform for that...two different networks had live training camp coverage...some preseason games have national coverage and advertising...I mean, Christ on a cracker...

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

NFL

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:53 am

your boy’s back skullman!