NFL

Shyster

NFL

Postby Shyster » Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:42 pm

Assuming for the sake of argument that is all true, what would (or should) be the damages for that?
How much would you want if a client in your office started jacking it in your direction and when he came some of it splattered on you?
As much as I could get, of course. The party directly impacted is going to want as much as possible. But a jury would decide, and I'm more interested in that number. I mean, if it happened to me, I'd like a million dollars. If I were on a jury, I'd give her something like $10,000.

mikey

NFL

Postby mikey » Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:47 pm

Look, I have a tremendous spray radius...but it's pretty tough to ejaculate onto an unwilling face...at least, if that unwilling face didn't just get done having sex with you...

nocera

NFL

Postby nocera » Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:36 pm

Guess y’all haven’t seen Silence of the Lambs.

robbiestoupe

NFL

Postby robbiestoupe » Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:34 am

Guess y’all haven’t seen Silence of the Lambs.
Or Scary Movie

dodint

NFL

Postby dodint » Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:37 am

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."

Kane

NFL

Postby Kane » Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:50 am

-Wayne Gretzky

NTP66

NFL

Postby NTP66 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:53 am

-Michael Scott

nocera

NFL

Postby nocera » Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:13 pm

What's more Browns than trading away picks to obtain a player with 23 sexual assault lawsuits against him, signing that player to a huge contract with guaranteed money, alienating their previous starting QB, a large portion of their fanbase, and NFL fans in general who up until this point embraced the Browns and the lovable up-and-coming underdogs, only to void the contract after yet another lawsuit is filed leaving the team with no starting QB and a permanently damaged reputation?

Kane

NFL

Postby Kane » Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:20 pm

If it's Brown, flush it down.

tifosi77

NFL

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:31 pm

Competing rooting interests.

On the one hand, the Browns engaged in what I think is a clear bad faith contract with Watson with that bullshit $1 million 2022 base salary. It feels like it's interfering with the League's ability to discipline players, and I think that alone deserves some form of consequence for the franchise.

On the other, they committed $230 million in guarantees to a player with more than 20 known active civil lawsuits against him. So while it would be a hoot for the Browns to still be on the hook for that, if the allegations are true I think it would be disgusting for Watson to end up so monstrously enriched from this escapade.

Troy Loney

NFL

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:45 pm

Odds that Watson ever plays a snap for the browns?

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

NFL

Postby LITT » Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:46 pm

very high. above 80%

nocera

NFL

Postby nocera » Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:49 pm

Yeah I don't think the Browns try to void the contract unless the NFL announces a multi-year suspension. If it's just one year, I think Cleveland sticks with him and hope the bad press dies down come 2023.

Troy Loney

NFL

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:50 pm

very high. above 80%
I'll take the under on that.

With that times story saying that the number of different women he hired up to like 65. I am pretty sure that his getting back on the field was conditioned on no more rape accusations.

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

NFL

Postby LITT » Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:52 pm

he hasnt raped anyone, just aggressively and erratically ejaculated on them

Troy Loney

NFL

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:55 pm

he hasnt raped anyone, just aggressively and erratically ejaculated on them
okay, sexual assault allegations.

But I mean, this is arguably rape.
This woman, who spoke on condition of anonymity to protect her privacy, said in an interview she began by working on Watson’s back. But when he flipped over, she said his demeanor and voice changed, and he began aggressively dictating where he wanted her to touch him. In their first session, she said he got into the happy baby yoga pose — on his back with his feet in his hands — and asked her to massage between his testicles and anus. She laughed off the request but said he grabbed her wrist and put her hand there.

The woman said Watson twice initiated sexual intercourse, once by pulling down the scrubs she was wearing. She and Watson knew each other from around town and were on friendly terms, and she admitted she let him proceed with these sexual acts. “I just didn’t know how to tell him no,” she said.

LITT

NFL

Postby LITT » Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:01 pm

well i havent read any of the info becuase its a waste of effort on my end that is terrible and i retract my previous statemetn

tifosi77

NFL

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:15 pm

65????????

This has been one of my stumbling blocks in giving DW the benefit of the doubt. Even at 20+ he hasn't ever really disputed the number of therapists he's hired over 5 or so years. That just seems like really odd behavior for a professional athlete, to have that many new people rotating in to help you take care of your body.

Troy Loney

NFL

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:24 pm

65????????

This has been one of my stumbling blocks in giving DW the benefit of the doubt. Even at 20+ he hasn't ever really disputed the number of therapists he's hired over 5 or so years. That just seems like really odd behavior for a professional athlete, to have that many new people rotating in to help you take care of your body.
I think we're well beyond giving him the benefit of the doubt, unless of course it's just a quirk to take NDAs to your massage therapists.
Watson began taking the N.D.A. to massages that same week, giving one to the woman in Manvel, who signed it, and another to a woman who said in her lawsuit that she ended the session after he suggested a sexual act. Watson told her she had to sign in order for him to pay, so she did, according to her filing. Watson said in a deposition that he used this N.D.A. only for massage appointments because he had lawyers and agents who handled his other business.
Also appears like there were some major shenanigans with that grand jury that declined to charge Watson.
In early 2022, Hardin, a former prosecutor himself, began a regular dialogue with Johna Stallings, the Harris County sex crimes prosecutor handing the Watson investigation. In the two months before two different Texas grand juries heard the criminal cases against Watson, Stallings and Hardin met at Hardin’s office, spoke over the phone 12 times and exchanged more than two dozen text messages, according to public records.

Some of their exchanges were peppered with congenial remarks about cases they were trying. Others were more opaque. One day, Stallings asked Hardin if he could chat. He said he was in trial, then asked, “Any problems?” They spoke over the phone twice that day.

The amount of contact between the prosecutor and the defense was noteworthy, said Njeri Mathis Rutledge, a former Harris County prosecutor who is now a professor at South Texas College of Law Houston.

“There are some well-known defense attorneys like a Rusty Hardin that may have gotten a little extra real estate in terms of time, but even given the fact that it was Rusty, that’s still a lot of time,” Rutledge said.

MR25

NFL

Postby MR25 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:11 pm

Is that many massage therapists out of the realm of possibility when 25 of them have come out with, at the very least, secual misconduct accusations?

If you're such a sleazeball that you can't go more than one visit without trying to make someone touch you, I wouldn't be shocked if that 65 number includes people who refused to see him after the first time he tried to pull this stuff.

tifosi77

NFL

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:56 pm

Yeah that's my point. This pattern is not one of a man who is seeking to maintain his athletic health here.

Also, what's weird to me isn't that he's asking then to sign NDAs, it's that he's asking them to sign after the fact as a contingency of the settlement offer. if I'm a famous person and I'm going into a 1:1 situation like that I'm 100% looking for NDAs (esp if they're coming to my house) ahead of time.

tifosi77

NFL

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:36 pm

Whoa, wait wait wait. I didn't realize the details here re the NDA and hotel facilities provided by the Texans. That's......... a potential change of scope.

Dickie Dunn

NFL

Postby Dickie Dunn » Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:11 am

- Drew Brees not coming back to NBC as an analyst. Apparently traveling to multiple games a week wasn’t the retirement he was looking for.

- Broncos being sold to a gaggle of Walton descendants for $4.65B.
The sale agreement with the Walton-Penner group also means Walton and Stan Kroenke, Walton's cousin by marriage, will own five of the six major professional sports franchises in Colorado. Kroenke owns the Denver Nuggets, Colorado Avalanche, Colorado Rapids and Colorado Mammoth lacrosse team, in addition to a regional media company in the state.
Yay? Kroenke also owns Arsenal. Todd Boehly, who owns the Dodgers, has a stake in the Lakers, and just bought Chelsea for $5B, had also submitted a bid to buy the Broncos.

Old man yelling at clouds: the Penguins are obviously now part of this, but sports team ownership by investment groups really bugs me. Last straw in sports becoming nothing more than another money maker venture for the ultra wealthy. Really removes whatever “heart and soul” garbage was left. Family based ownership like the Rooney’s and Mara’s (who were still extremely wealthy) is dead. **** Arsenal, but the Kroenke’s show up at a match basically once a decade. All decisions made with a Nutting-esque eye on the bottom line instead of actually caring about the team you own.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

NFL

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:17 am

I’m glad that the Bowlen-family drama is coming to an end. That honestly has been a big reason for our post-Super Bowl dysfunction. Pat Bowlen was an alltime great but his kids fighting over ownership is TLC reality show tier

The Rams’ success with Kroenke at the helm gives me some hope that Walton can be fine (Kroenke married into the WalMart family) but who the hell knows

LITT

NFL

Postby LITT » Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:12 pm

- Drew Brees not coming back to NBC as an analyst. Apparently traveling to multiple games a week wasn’t the retirement he was looking for.

he just wasnt good