NFL

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

NFL

Postby count2infinity » Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:53 pm

McAfee show is on fire today.

Better be. What a gift of a football weekend.

tifosi77

NFL

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:54 pm

Crypto is treated like capital gains.

willeyeam

NFL

Postby willeyeam » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:07 pm

Yes so he can deduct 3k of those losses :lol:

tifosi77

NFL

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:38 pm

I think if I was in LA I would be pissed that not one but two teams have now come to town. When there were no NFL teams there, you got the best games on TV every week because there was no home team to show. Granted both teams played well this year but my view from afar is if there was any team with a real dedicated fan base there it was the Raiders.

It was ridiculous that the 2nd biggest city in the country had no teams, but I'd personally rather have no teams than guaranteed two teams I didn't care about taking up two of the televised game slots every week.
The easy out is Sunday Ticket. If you're a big enough fan that you're worried about the televised matchups, my guess is you're paying for access to out-of-market games, like we do. (Or streaming, if you're into IP piracy)

LA is in a bit of a sweet spot right now, with all of the athletic stars and superstars on the local teams and successes they've had of late. SoFi is bananalands awesome. And yet, you are correct that the Raiders are still the most popular football team here. And by some measure the team I see bumper stickers and car flags and people wearing t-shirts next most is......... Stillers. Then Dallas (their early camp weeks are nearby). Then probably the Rams. Don't see much SF love during the week, so I'm betting a lot of those fans that packed the stadium travelled, which is why they're geo-gating ticket sales. (Which is super dumb)

tifosi77

NFL

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:39 pm

Josh Allen man. How many broken fingers do his WRs rack up a year? Dudes got some velocity
The effortless appearance to it is what gets me. Just looks like he's casually tossing it and *zip* on a f*cking rope.
And the Browns took Baker Mayfield over this guy :lol:
To be fair, for a couple years it didn't look like Allen was gonna get it together upstairs. I'm not justifying Baker at first overall or anything, just noting that Allen looked like a potential bust for the first like 35 games of his career.

tifosi77

NFL

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:51 pm

I think if I was in LA I would be pissed that not one but two teams have now come to town. When there were no NFL teams there, you got the best games on TV every week because there was no home team to show. Granted both teams played well this year but my view from afar is if there was any team with a real dedicated fan base there it was the Raiders.

It was ridiculous that the 2nd biggest city in the country had no teams, but I'd personally rather have no teams than guaranteed two teams I didn't care about taking up two of the televised game slots every week.
Tif will answer this better but I lived in LA before the Rams & Chargers. Everybody I knew that cared about football were transplants and rooted for their hometown teams. Those people had Sunday Ticket. The native Angelenos that I knew didn’t give two shits about football. They were all in on Dodgers and Lakers (Clippers were a joke at that time). I did meet a few og folks who still rooted for the Raiders but mostly the NFL was a total afterthought. My guess is the people who care still have Sunday Ticket. The Rams and especially Chargers will need to a lot of winning to get the others to care about the NFL. Winning championships, not just games. LA doesn’t give a **** about winning regular season games. They’ve seen too many champions to give that any thought.
I didn't read this before I responded, but you're completely correct here. And also back when you were living here (and the most of the time I've lived here) USC was a powerhouse college program that was treated by local media as a pro level team.

I legit feel bad for the Chargers. They are a borderline great team, awesome roster, stud QB, and no one cares. And the Rams are rolling. As a fan of the sport, if we didn't have Sunday Ticket I'd be glad if we had the problem of having to watch these teams every week. As it is we DVR their games anyway, cos we're fans of non-LA teams and focus on watching those game live. We put Rams and Chargers games on during weeknight dinners cos they're fun to watch.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

NFL

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:00 pm

I think everyone is higher on Josh Allen’s career prospects than mine. He’s really good but dudes biggest assets is his legs, not his arm, and usually that means taking a pounding. I’m guessing he’s going to have a lot more injury issues than a Mahomes or Burrow

willeyeam

NFL

Postby willeyeam » Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:05 pm

oh weenie you don't have to click submit with every take

MrKennethTKangaroo

NFL

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:07 pm

I wonder if @Dickie Dunn think's Gal Gadot's biggest asset is her personality.

Tomas

NFL

Postby Tomas » Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:16 pm

I'm not a football expert, but given the general ongoing criticism of NFL OT rules, has there ever been any serious consideration of "going college" - i.e. giving each team alternate possessions (maybe starting farther from the goal line)?

I actually think that the college rules have worked pretty well. They guarantee equal possessions, and usually the OT is resolved pretty fast.

willeyeam

NFL

Postby willeyeam » Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:21 pm

college OT is great. the 2 point conversion thing sucks and was unnecessary - it was perfect before that

mikey

NFL

Postby mikey » Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:26 pm

I've spent the weekend quite intoxicated, so I've been skimming through this thread...but did MIMH back the importance of Jimmy G's role in San Francisco's win over Green Bay and then comeback criticizing Josh Allen's arm talent...? The same guy did that in the same 48 hour period or am I mistaken...?

willeyeam

NFL

Postby willeyeam » Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:34 pm

he could have said something like:

i worry Allen's penchant for running will lead to injury some day.

and the take would have been fine.. but, legs are a bigger asset than his arm? ugh

tifosi77

NFL

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:39 pm

The game of football is set up such that you really only score on offense; a team may get, what, 6 defensive scores in a season against a little over 210? enemy possessions. It's not fair to have a sudden death situation for the team that receives the opening kick. I'm okay with an opening possession defensive score being sudden death, but otherwise let both offenses posses the ball at least once.

Also, Patrick Mahomes had 180 yds passing after the 2-minute warning in the 4th qtr.

King Colby

NFL

Postby King Colby » Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:51 pm

It's really not that hard. It doesn't even have to be college rules. Each team gets 1 possession guaranteed and make it sudden death after that. If you want to keep regular season as is then fine. But make the change foe playoffs.

Not even equal possessions, just one each.

Might have been fun to see the bills make the ultimate gamble and go for 2 on the 2nd overtime possession

MR25

NFL

Postby MR25 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:06 pm

Yeah, just treat it like you would if a team kicked a field goal instead of scoring a TD. Other team gets a shot to match or exceed the output. Not sure at this point if forcing a 2 pt conversion after the 2nd score (assuming first team scores a TD) is the better call or letting them tie it and then make it sudden death.

Pavel Bure

NFL

Postby Pavel Bure » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:59 pm

**** Aaron Rodgers. More anti-vax bullshit. His girls nether regions must be STRONG

King Colby

NFL

Postby King Colby » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:04 pm

Yeah, just treat it like you would if a team kicked a field goal instead of scoring a TD. Other team gets a shot to match or exceed the output. Not sure at this point if forcing a 2 pt conversion after the 2nd score (assuming first team scores a TD) is the better call or letting them tie it and then make it sudden death.
I meant each team gets 1 possession guaranteed. KC scores TD, bills score TD. Bills go for 2 knowing there's no **** chance they're stopping KC from kicking a game winning FG on their next possession.

Basically you don't need even # of possessions after the first one because the 2nd team has (A) a chance to go for 2 if they want or (B) 2 chances to make a stop

dodint

NFL

Postby dodint » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:07 pm

Wilson has a MiMH level take: DBs don't cover Cooper Kupp because he is white.

:lol:

MR25

NFL

Postby MR25 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:24 pm

I meant each team gets 1 possession guaranteed. KC scores TD, bills score TD. Bills go for 2 knowing there's no **** chance they're stopping KC from kicking a game winning FG on their next possession.

Basically you don't need even # of possessions after the first one because the 2nd team has (A) a chance to go for 2 if they want or (B) 2 chances to make a stop

I knew what you meant. I was just expounding on the idea with what I said at the end, because I can only imagine a scenario where both teams score on their first possessions, then it's another 30 minute of game clock before either team sniffs field goal range to end it. I'm not sure we want 40 minutes of NFL overtime. That being said, I don't know how fair it would be to force the 2nd team to go for 2 to make it a quick end.

dodint

NFL

Postby dodint » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:29 pm

Make both teams go for 2.

MR25

NFL

Postby MR25 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:32 pm

And if both miss, you still run the risk of multiple more possessions before anyone get an opportunity to score.

nocera

NFL

Postby nocera » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:32 pm

Play a full 10 minute quarter. If still tied after that, go to a skills competition. Like each team throws the ball threw a tire or something.

dodint

NFL

Postby dodint » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:35 pm

And if both miss, you still run the risk of multiple more possessions before anyone get an opportunity to score.
FG wins it on the third possession.

MR25

NFL

Postby MR25 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:39 pm

A field goal is "an opportunity to score" in that scenario.