NFL

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

NFL

Postby count2infinity » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:13 am

Josh Allen man. How many broken fingers do his WRs rack up a year? Dudes got some velocity
The effortless appearance to it is what gets me. Just looks like he's casually tossing it and *zip* on a f*cking rope.

mac5155

NFL

Postby mac5155 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:14 am

So the Rams can play every playoff game at the dome? That'd be cool
To be fair they don't have much of a homefield advantage.
Yeah, aren't most in LA niners fans? I saw they are blocking sale of tickets to San Fran residents. Didn't know Ted Leonsis owned them too :lol:

willeyeam

NFL

Postby willeyeam » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:22 am

Josh Allen man. How many broken fingers do his WRs rack up a year? Dudes got some velocity
The effortless appearance to it is what gets me. Just looks like he's casually tossing it and *zip* on a f*cking rope.
And the Browns took Baker Mayfield over this guy :lol:

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

NFL

Postby count2infinity » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:23 am

Browns followed by laughing emoji will forever be a thing.

MrKennethTKangaroo

NFL

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:23 am

If the nfl was smart they would have videos of normal humans trying to replicate throws that guy makes. Not even bombs. Just balls 15 yards downfield where it looks like he's throwing an old balled up paper towel into the trash can

Morkle

NFL

Postby Morkle » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:30 am

If the nfl was smart they would have videos of normal humans trying to replicate throws that guy makes. Not even bombs. Just balls 15 yards downfield where it looks like he's throwing an old balled up paper towel into the trash can
I enjoyed Pros Vs. Joes for that reason.

MR25

NFL

Postby MR25 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:11 am

Mahomes is much of the same imo, or at least was his first couple years.

Must be a new age QB thing.

Pavel Bure

NFL

Postby Pavel Bure » Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:38 am

Dude, Kordell was on that show and I was like, “what a joke.” Then he was dropping 40 yard dimes into garbage cans and that really drove home how good these guys are.

genoscoif

NFL

Postby genoscoif » Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:44 am

Yes!!!

I always think of it like this...
I was a pretty, pretty good baseball player back in the day with a pretty, pretty good arm. Crowhoppin genoscoif could hit like mid to upper 80's. I think the throw from short (which i played primarily) to first is similar distance wise to like a 15 yard out from the far hash to the sideline on a football field. These mfers are throwing a football that distance with the same trajectory as my throw to first with a freaking baseball. That blows my mind.

RonnieFranchise

NFL

Postby RonnieFranchise » Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:58 am

I think if I was in LA I would be pissed that not one but two teams have now come to town. When there were no NFL teams there, you got the best games on TV every week because there was no home team to show. Granted both teams played well this year but my view from afar is if there was any team with a real dedicated fan base there it was the Raiders.

It was ridiculous that the 2nd biggest city in the country had no teams, but I'd personally rather have no teams than guaranteed two teams I didn't care about taking up two of the televised game slots every week.

DigitalGypsy66

NFL

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:07 am

@tifosi77 how does it work in LA with the two teams, if they are playing at the same time? Or is it usually a Fox/NFC and CBS/AFC thing where it usually isn't a problem?

nocera

NFL

Postby nocera » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:12 am

I think if I was in LA I would be pissed that not one but two teams have now come to town. When there were no NFL teams there, you got the best games on TV every week because there was no home team to show. Granted both teams played well this year but my view from afar is if there was any team with a real dedicated fan base there it was the Raiders.

It was ridiculous that the 2nd biggest city in the country had no teams, but I'd personally rather have no teams than guaranteed two teams I didn't care about taking up two of the televised game slots every week.
Tif will answer this better but I lived in LA before the Rams & Chargers. Everybody I knew that cared about football were transplants and rooted for their hometown teams. Those people had Sunday Ticket. The native Angelenos that I knew didn’t give two shits about football. They were all in on Dodgers and Lakers (Clippers were a joke at that time). I did meet a few og folks who still rooted for the Raiders but mostly the NFL was a total afterthought. My guess is the people who care still have Sunday Ticket. The Rams and especially Chargers will need to a lot of winning to get the others to care about the NFL. Winning championships, not just games. LA doesn’t give a **** about winning regular season games. They’ve seen too many champions to give that any thought.
Last edited by nocera on Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

RonnieFranchise

NFL

Postby RonnieFranchise » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:14 am

Since both teams are pretty good I think it is less of a problem than in NY with both teams sucking- there's a draw to put them on Thursday, Sunday, or Monday night. Assume it is like NY where they try to get them early/late if they can but if they are at the same time, one is on CBS and the other one is on Fox.

nocera

NFL

Postby nocera » Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:26 am

count2infinity

NFL

Postby count2infinity » Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:35 am

:lol:

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

NFL

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:36 am

still can’t believe that Brady almost pulled off 27-3, only a few years after 28-3

Tomas

NFL

Postby Tomas » Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:43 am

@CBear3 ?
I put an offer in yesterday.
I actually know Joplin (since it is only about 2 hours north from where I live). Not a long time ago, a tornado ravaged a big part of Joplin, including the city hospital. Apparently, they found some X-ray images several hundred miles away from Joplin. I feel quite lucky about living in the (small but still...) mountains.

Ad@m

NFL

Postby Ad@m » Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:47 am

CBear3

NFL

Postby CBear3 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:53 am

My SIL lives in Fayetteville, dropped out of UofA after a semester way back when and never left.

I just don't want the Rams to win. Back to back years of Super Bowls with home field advantage after 50+ without is kind of annoying. While the crowd isn't nearly as partisan as a home game, the week leading up and familiarity with the setting definitely provides an advantage.

shafnutz05

NFL

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:07 pm

Allen's cap hit goes from $10mm to $16mm next year, and up to $40mm the following year. Ouch.

The AFC is going to not be fun the next decade-plus. Brady v. Manning Part II, Electric Boogaloo. Guys like Herbert, Burrow, etc. (who are great QBs in their own right) are going to be relegated to Ben/Rivers status. Maybe they can steal a ring or two, maybe not.

CBear3

NFL

Postby CBear3 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:21 pm

This is going to sound sacrilegious, but I think Allen is still better set for the future.
You look at how many daggers he threw to wide open receivers, and then you look at how much YAC Mahomes needed to get the same output. When their cap hits start to really crimp the budget, it'll be easier to replace Steffon Diggs than Tyreek Hill (and that's not to downplay Diggs's talent).

willeyeam

NFL

Postby willeyeam » Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:27 pm

The Bills are the Bills and have been for a long time. I'll trust them to make the right decision there when they actually do it

shafnutz05

NFL

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:32 pm

shafnutz05

NFL

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:39 pm

McAfee show is on fire today.

tifosi77

NFL

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:50 pm

tifosi77 how does it work in LA with the two teams, if they are playing at the same time? Or is it usually a Fox/NFC and CBS/AFC thing where it usually isn't a problem?
The NFL doesn't allow two teams from the same conference to be in the same DMA so there are no broadcast carrier conflicts. As it stands I think NYC, LA, and DC are the only markets with 2 teams, and all the show AFC/NFC splits.