Exactly.

DigitalGypsy66

NFL

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:25 am

Neck meat?

tifosi77

NFL

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:32 pm

I mean, we all saw there was no trauma. It was a goofy play. I do not find this to be shenanigans-y, and I am Captain Brain Injury.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

NFL

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:07 am

dodint

NFL

Postby dodint » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:08 am

I am Captain Brain Injury.
:thumb:

mikey

NFL

Postby mikey » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:13 am

:( Oh, we were just getting acquainted...

Welp, I don't know how trading in the NFL works or the salary cap, but I guess we pursue Carson Wentz now...? What else is gonna be out there...? And no, there's no Steelers QB that I'd want...you can keep the remnants of Roethlisberger and Tee Martin or whoever your backups are these days...

willeyeam

NFL

Postby willeyeam » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:14 am

Wentz, Darnold or Watson appear to be the trade options. Jameis is maybe the only semi interesting FA.

mikey

NFL

Postby mikey » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:18 am

I had a lot of time for Darnold in his draft year...I'm assuming he's been ridden too hard and hung up wet too many times to be salvaged at this point...?

Trading with the Texans seems to be fun...all of their trades look like a going out of business sale...

Freddy Rumsen

NFL

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:26 am

This is good stuff. :lol:

willeyeam

NFL

Postby willeyeam » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:36 am

I had a lot of time for Darnold in his draft year...I'm assuming he's been ridden too hard and hung up wet too many times to be salvaged at this point...?

Trading with the Texans seems to be fun...all of their trades look like a going out of business sale...
I still think he's pretty decent. I'd take him in black and gold. One article I read said he'd bring a 2nd or 3rs round pick back and if that's all it's gonna take sign me up

DigitalGypsy66

NFL

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:40 am

The Watt/Rivers story reminds me of this story:
The scoreboard reflected a 60-plus point lead before halftime in favor of James Skalski’s Northgate High School football team. And yet, despite the dominance, Skalski was clearly irked.

Clemson’s redshirt graduate middle linebacker, who takes center stage in a Friday night Sugar Bowl national semifinal against Ohio State and quarterback Justin Fields, kept looking over to Northgate’s sidelines.

He knew head coach Tommy Walburn would pull his starters at the half in order to let the reserves close out the game. But first, as Walburn remembers it, Skalski still wanted a few more snaps — and the opposing offense’s inability to get its business together with one illegal formation after another kept interfering.

“They couldn’t get lined up right,” Walburn said. “The referees kept throwing flags, and they kept getting penalties.”

Skalski is known at Clemson for his ability to direct traffic pre-snap, which he began doing in this particular matchup. Only on this occasion, just outside of Atlanta, he offered his services to Northgate’s opponent.

“When (the offense) started coming out of the huddle and they started lining up, James started going up and down and telling their players, ‘You need to line up there, you need to line up there, you need to go over there,’” Walburn recalled. “He was not being mean, and he was not being ugly. He knew he didn’t have very many more plays to play. And he loved playing football.”

Freddy Rumsen

NFL

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:45 am

That's good stuff.

tifosi77

NFL

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:43 am

Darnold's upside is worth nearly any risk imo. My fever dream is that the Steelers manage to put together a package to bring him in house.

As far as IND's prospects go, I just can't imagine a team trading their current franchise QB1 on a new contract to a division rival; I wasn't aware that was a thing you could do. But, I mean, if a team were to do it, it would be the Fighting Houstons.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

NFL

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:01 am

Darnold's career as a starting QB was over when he said he was seeing ghosts in the backfield

I don't think he'll ever be able to handle pressure

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

NFL

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:03 am

The scoreboard reflected a 60-plus point lead before halftime in favor of James Skalski’s Northgate High School football team. And yet, despite the dominance, Skalski was clearly irked.

Clemson’s redshirt graduate middle linebacker, who takes center stage in a Friday night Sugar Bowl national semifinal against Ohio State and quarterback Justin Fields, kept looking over to Northgate’s sidelines.

He knew head coach Tommy Walburn would pull his starters at the half in order to let the reserves close out the game. But first, as Walburn remembers it, Skalski still wanted a few more snaps — and the opposing offense’s inability to get its business together with one illegal formation after another kept interfering.

“They couldn’t get lined up right,” Walburn said. “The referees kept throwing flags, and they kept getting penalties.”

Skalski is known at Clemson for his ability to direct traffic pre-snap, which he began doing in this particular matchup. Only on this occasion, just outside of Atlanta, he offered his services to Northgate’s opponent.

“When (the offense) started coming out of the huddle and they started lining up, James started going up and down and telling their players, ‘You need to line up there, you need to line up there, you need to go over there,’” Walburn recalled. “He was not being mean, and he was not being ugly. He knew he didn’t have very many more plays to play. And he loved playing football.”
it reminded me of this

the funny thing is that CMC would've been open regardless of what route he ran

MrKennethTKangaroo

NFL

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:38 am

Did skalki want some extra practice on targeting?

tifosi77

NFL

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:59 am

Darnold's career as a starting QB was over when he said he was seeing ghosts in the backfield

I don't think he'll ever be able to handle pressure
That was a completely overblown thing. It's common language, especially for young quarterbacks.

Pavel Bure

NFL

Postby Pavel Bure » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:16 pm

I don’t know much about DeShaun Watson. I know he gets a ton of hype and costs a ton of money... he’s super unhappy in Texas. What would a trade for an established starting “star” QB even look like? The only blockbuster I can think of is when Eli and Rivers changed places but that’s not even comparable.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

NFL

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:19 pm

I don’t know much about DeShaun Watson. I know he gets a ton of hype and costs a ton of money... he’s super unhappy in Texas. What would a trade for an established starting “star” QB even look like? The only blockbuster I can think of is when Eli and Rivers changed places but that’s not even comparable.
I'm guessing at least 3 number 1s and probably extra stuff

on the right team Watson could be an MVP candidate imo so it'll cost a pretty penny. I want the Broncos to get him but some teams like the Dolphins could offer better picks and Tua

tifosi77

NFL

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:30 pm

AB ruled out for the NFC Championship Game.

Oh darn.

mikey

NFL

Postby mikey » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:33 pm

Sam Bradford was traded for a 1st and a 4th...
Carson Palmer was traded for 17th overall and a future 2nd...
Jay Cutler (and a 5th) was traded for 18th overall, a 3rd round pick, another 1st, and Kyle Orton...

So you're looking at a 1st and another high pick it seems to get it started...

skullman80

NFL

Postby skullman80 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:44 pm

Watson isn't going anywhere for less than 2 #1's, a 2nd, and a stud or two that is already developed. I think that is the starting point.

Kaiser

NFL

Postby Kaiser » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:47 pm

Jamal adams cost 2 firsts and a decent safety. A watson deal should be fairly ridiculous, and if he doesn't restructure afterwards, that team may as well be the Texans anyway.

willeyeam

NFL

Postby willeyeam » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:49 pm

Sam Bradford was traded for a 1st and a 4th...
Carson Palmer was traded for 17th overall and a future 2nd...
Jay Cutler (and a 5th) was traded for 18th overall, a 3rd round pick, another 1st, and Kyle Orton...

So you're looking at a 1st and another high pick it seems to get it started...
None of these 3 even sniff Watsons jock strap - 3 first rounders is where the discussions start imo

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

NFL

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:54 pm

If Watson gets traded it’d probably be the biggest deal of alltime and probably by a good margin. He’s a pro bowl level QB only 4 years into his career.

Also was surprised to find out that Sam Bradford is “only” 33. Feels like he’s been out of the league for a lifetime