NFL

nocera

NFL

Postby nocera » Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:22 pm

I'm just hoping he comes back and sucks. You never know, dude will have had almost 2 years without a game by the time he suits up
The amount of people that will celebrate injury to this guy will be pretty high, I think.
I’d cheer a broken limb and not feel the least bit guilty.

King Colby

NFL

Postby King Colby » Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:31 pm

The one thing I dont like is that he was able to protect so much money by being paid so much in signing bonus. They should just take 6/17ths of his entire year earnings

Orlando Penguin

NFL

Postby Orlando Penguin » Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:41 pm

I think the likelihood of Watson sucking in Cleveland is pretty decent.
Just plunked down money on Watson for MVP at 20-1. I’ll cut you in on a commission if when it wins.

Nuge

NFL

Postby Nuge » Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:46 pm

I would presume that this lady is not thrilled with the ruling.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/erin-gibbs- ... 20LinkedIn

shoeshine boy

NFL

Postby shoeshine boy » Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:12 pm

He wasn't convicted of any crime. I actually think they got this one right.
yeah, I have a friend that's all pissed off about this which I get but.....has he even been charged with anything? from my point of view it sounds like he should but my friend says that all the women have settled. if they're not pressing charges, how do you prosecute?
the dude's a scumbag and Cleveland are scumbags for signing him when they knew what he'd done.

nocera

NFL

Postby nocera » Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:14 pm

Plenty of people have had long suspensions without being charged with a crime. Ben was accused by 2 women and initially got the same amount of games. Ridley broke no laws and got a full season.

shoeshine boy

NFL

Postby shoeshine boy » Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:17 pm

there are rules and laws. Ridley was clearly a rule but in comparison to Watson, his suspension is ridiculous.

nocera

NFL

Postby nocera » Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:18 pm

If only there was a rule against sexually assaulting/harassing over two dozen women then.

nocera

NFL

Postby nocera » Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:22 pm

By the way, the judge ruled that Watson did violate the NFL's personal conduct code on three counts. Those counts being: Conduct that Qualifies as a Sexual Assault, Conduct that Poses a Genuine Danger to the Safety and Well-Being of Another Person, and Conduct that Undermines, or Puts at Risk, the Integrity of the NFL.

So she thinks he DID sexually assault two dozen women, was a danger to those women, and put the NFL at risk, yet still only recommended 6 games. Lol.

willeyeam

NFL

Postby willeyeam » Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:28 pm

By the way, the judge ruled that Watson did violate the NFL's personal conduct code on three counts. Those counts being: Conduct that Qualifies as a Sexual Assault, Conduct that Poses a Genuine Danger to the Safety and Well-Being of Another Person, and Conduct that Undermines, or Puts at Risk, the Integrity of the NFL.

So she thinks he DID sexually assault two dozen women, was a danger to those women, and put the NFL at risk, yet still only recommended 6 games. Lol.
he didn't have enough of a heads up that it is indeed bad to do what he did

nocera

NFL

Postby nocera » Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:33 pm

Watson's defense:

King Colby

NFL

Postby King Colby » Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:25 pm

If only there was a rule against sexually assaulting/harassing over two dozen women then.
I mean, he hasn't been found guilty of sexual assault. So it's really hard to do anything more than punish him for being an dadhole.

So the NFL finds that undermining the competitive integrity is a worse offense than being an dadhole.

Not sure what else can be done here really.

One single conviction and it would be a hundred percent different.

The entire takeaway from this is that if you're rich enough you can really do whatever the **** you want

nocera

NFL

Postby nocera » Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:03 pm

The judge believes he's guilty of sexual assault, along with two other code of conduct violations. The reason she only recommended 6 games is because she believed she was bound “by standards of fairness and consistency of treatment among players similarly situated." So basically because the NFL only gave 6 games to other players accused of sexual assault (Ben), she has to go by that standard that they set. Which I think is bullshit but whatever.

nocera

NFL

Postby nocera » Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:53 pm

Removing the COVID reserve list seems like a dumb idea.

tifosi77

NFL

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:15 pm

The one thing I dont like is that he was able to protect so much money by being paid so much in signing bonus. They should just take 6/17ths of his entire year earnings
Yeah, this has been my biggest gripe all along. His contact exempts his signing bonus and future guarantees from forfeiture upon suspension. CLE is clearly a bad faith actor here, and I would argue it constitutes interference with League operations.

dodint

NFL

Postby dodint » Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:22 pm

Now Kyler has plenty of time to study.

tifosi77

NFL

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:44 pm

Also, correct as needed......................

DW is facing discipline under the Personal Conduct Policy, which covers League-wide matters. Commish can reduce the suspension unilaterally, but he can't exceed the recommendation without going through a formal (months-long) appeal. Some of the reports have been saying if the 'independent' investigator issued the base suspension (discipline under domestic violence provisions of PCP start at 6 games and move up or down as facts are developed by investigation) then both the Commish and th NFLPA (who typically appeal all suspensions) would forego prolonging the process because otherwise DW was going to use the venue to go nuclear on the comparatively lax PCP enforcement against team owners for their egregious conduct. (Snyder, Kraft, etc) And instead DW's representation is still making noise about an appeal. So that'll be fun to watch.

Gambling guy was suspended under the terms of the NFLPA agreement, which gives Commish broader authority.

King Colby

NFL

Postby King Colby » Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:14 pm

The judge believes he's guilty of sexual assault, along with two other code of conduct violations. The reason she only recommended 6 games is because she believed she was bound “by standards of fairness and consistency of treatment among players similarly situated." So basically because the NFL only gave 6 games to other players accused of sexual assault (Ben), she has to go by that standard that they set. Which I think is bullshit but whatever.
It's not up to her whether he's guilty of sexual assault either

King Colby

NFL

Postby King Colby » Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:16 pm

Yeah, this has been my biggest gripe all along. His contact exempts his signing bonus and future guarantees from forfeiture upon suspension. CLE is clearly a bad faith actor here, and I would argue it constitutes interference with League operations.
I just don't understand why fines related to suspensions are tied to salary not full compensation. I mean I guess j do - you just don't get your paycheck while suspended. But they should change it. Sad that they have to, but... cleveland

willeyeam

NFL

Postby willeyeam » Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:23 pm

Should suspensions only happen if you break a law?

nocera

NFL

Postby nocera » Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:38 pm

Not legally but as far as breaking the leagues code of conduct goes it is. That’s what I’m talking about here.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

NFL

Postby count2infinity » Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:24 am

I’m in the camp of it should be zero or a lot more.

With it being 6, they believe there to be enough evidence to say he did at least part of what he’s accused of. I’m fine with them waiting for the legs system to do it’s thing and then deciding. Im fine with them looking at the evidence they’ve got and making a decision from there. The 6 game decision feels like neither of those.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

NFL

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:20 am

the thing with the 6 is that includes a judgement for all four cases that were presented to the judge right? So he only got 1.5 games per assault?

nocera

NFL

Postby nocera » Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:51 am

The NFL presented 3 cases of breaking their code of conduct (sexual assault, endangering others, undermining the integrity of the league. It has nothing to do, sadly, with the number of women who accused him.

NTP66

NFL

Postby NTP66 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:02 pm

In other news: