NFL

nocera

NFL

Postby nocera » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:56 pm

Is the NFL doing its own investigation? If not, they're going to wait until the civil suit plays out.

NAN

NFL

Postby NAN » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:05 pm

Is the NFL doing its own investigation? If not, they're going to wait until the civil suit plays out.
They are doing their own. It started on Monday.

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

NFL

Postby iamjs » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:06 pm

Am I being paranoid/tin foilish when I think that if the assault accusations had come to light when he was on the Steelers last season, he would've already been suspended instantly?
I think the SI article said that Brown had spoken to her about a settlement as early as March of this year.

tifosi77

NFL

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:37 pm

We're in a different era now, and I can't imagine that the NFL would wait on stuff anymore.
But they already have, and that's what's weird.

I've heard a lot of commentators on la radio say they are sort of baffled as to why Goodell didn't take any action here; teams cannot initiate the exemption on their own, it has to come from the League. The exempt list isn't a formal punishment, it's just sort of a pause button that keeps a potentially tainted player from going on national television wearing the Shield while legal proceedings play out; players aren't docked any pay while on the exempt list, they just can't practice or attend games.

One wag suggested that between the ugly way Deflategate played out and Kraft's rub-and-tug chuckles that the League (meaning Goodell) doesn't want to mishandle (phrasing) another controversy involving the Patriots, so he's erring on the side of caution.

MWB

NFL

Postby MWB » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:07 pm

Have other players been punished when civil suits were filed? I think I heard that somewhere as a possible reason, but I know the nfl has been pretty indiscriminate in the past in terms of triggers.

NTP66

NFL

Postby NTP66 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:26 pm

I really don't know, but that's a good question. The league has been anything if not inconsistent in this arena.

Dickie Dunn

NFL

Postby Dickie Dunn » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:33 pm

It’s hilarious to me that Nick Foles finally got traded somewhere where he was the unquestioned starter and probably got Wally Pipp’d in his first game.

DigitalGypsy66

NFL

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:49 pm

The penalties in this game... Man. Even Tom Brady shut the game off. :lol:

NTP66

NFL

Postby NTP66 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:57 am

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/276 ... um=twitter
The lawyer for a woman who earlier this week alleged sexual misconduct by Antonio Brown reached out to the NFL on Thursday night after the New England Patriots wide receiver apparently sent what were described as threatening text messages to her client, Sports Illustrated reports.

Attorney Lisa J. Banks wrote the NFL, asking the league to stop alleged conduct by Brown that she deemed as "intimidating and threatening to our client, in violation of the NFL Personal Conduct Policy," according to the report. The NFL responded quickly, setting up a phone call between league investigators and the woman's attorneys.

The woman told SI that, on Wednesday night, she received a group text message that appeared to come from the same phone number Brown gave to her in 2017, when she was hired by the wide receiver to paint a mural in his suburban Pittsburgh home. The text chain had four other numbers on it, SI reported.

The woman said she believes Brown was encouraging others in the group to investigate her, describing her as a "super broke girl" and asking someone he refers to as "Eric B" to "look up her background history." He then sent a screenshot of an Instagram photo she had posted showing the faces of her young children, adding "those her kids ... she's awful broke clearly."

willeyeam

NFL

Postby willeyeam » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:14 am

Have other players been punished when civil suits were filed? I think I heard that somewhere as a possible reason, but I know the nfl has been pretty indiscriminate in the past in terms of triggers.
Ben?

tifosi77

NFL

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:46 pm

He wasn't suspended until the second allegation (within a year or so), which involved a criminal inquiry.

tifosi77

NFL

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:51 pm

The lawyer for a woman who earlier this week alleged sexual misconduct by Antonio Brown reached out to the NFL on Thursday night after the New England Patriots wide receiver apparently sent what were described as threatening text messages to her client, Sports Illustrated reports.

Attorney Lisa J. Banks wrote the NFL, asking the league to stop alleged conduct by Brown that she deemed as "intimidating and threatening to our client, in violation of the NFL Personal Conduct Policy," according to the report. The NFL responded quickly, setting up a phone call between league investigators and the woman's attorneys.

The woman told SI that, on Wednesday night, she received a group text message that appeared to come from the same phone number Brown gave to her in 2017, when she was hired by the wide receiver to paint a mural in his suburban Pittsburgh home. The text chain had four other numbers on it, SI reported.

The woman said she believes Brown was encouraging others in the group to investigate her, describing her as a "super broke girl" and asking someone he refers to as "Eric B" to "look up her background history." He then sent a screenshot of an Instagram photo she had posted showing the faces of her young children, adding "those her kids ... she's awful broke clearly."
Belichick walked out of today's presser when reporters started asking about AB. Seven total questions, all about AB; he bailed after three minutes.

If this new reporting is accurate, it forces not only the League's hand but also the Pats'. Anyone up for a prop bet as to whether or not AB plays another down in the NFL?

dodint

NFL

Postby dodint » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:04 pm

He will play many downs in the NFL. And soon.

Ted

NFL

Postby Ted » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:07 pm

Belichick walked out of today's presser when reporters started asking about AB. Seven total questions, all about AB; he bailed after three minutes.

If this new reporting is accurate, it forces not only the League's hand but also the Pats'. Anyone up for a prop bet as to whether or not AB plays another down in the NFL?
lol. Sure. How much? You can send it to me on Sunday.

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

NFL

Postby meow » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:12 pm

For real? This will have absolutely zero impact on his career

nocera

NFL

Postby nocera » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:16 pm

You would think that the attorney would go to, I don't know, the police, instead of the NFL. Now admittedly, my entire criminal knowledge comes from Law and Order (not SVU. **** SVU), but threatening your sexual abuse accuser seems like a crime.

NTP66

NFL

Postby NTP66 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:17 pm

Source of the post not SVU. **** SVU
Not the Meloni era. Post-Meloni, I'll allow it.

Dickie Dunn

NFL

Postby Dickie Dunn » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:29 pm

SVU was the best.

Dickie Dunn

NFL

Postby Dickie Dunn » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:16 pm

RELEASED!

Per CNBC.

Dickie Dunn

NFL

Postby Dickie Dunn » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:17 pm

Also now Schefty

Troy Loney

NFL

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:18 pm

lol. Sure. How much? You can send it to me on Sunday.
lol

willeyeam

NFL

Postby willeyeam » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:18 pm

if he wasn't already a Raider that'd be the perfect spot. So he probably won't play again

MWB

NFL

Postby MWB » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:19 pm

Not all that surprising. They were fine without him, and if he didn’t bring any other baggage than the preseason stuff, it made sense. Once there was more and it wasn’t going away, why keep him?

MrKennethTKangaroo

NFL

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:19 pm

what the ****. gif

Dickie Dunn

NFL

Postby Dickie Dunn » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:19 pm