Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:58 pm

Claiming savage was the wisest move that team has made in years

RonnieFranchise

NFL

Postby RonnieFranchise » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:07 pm

shafnutz05

NFL

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:47 pm

Marvin Lewis is gonna get another free pass isn't he? "Well, we lost Dalton and AJ Green...I'm not a miracle worker!

...yeah I'll sign a ten year extension..."
Nah. Hue Jackson will be coaching them in 2019.

DigitalGypsy66

NFL

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:33 am

The Texans are a pretty fun team to watch, on both sides of the ball.

Lemon Berry Lobster

NFL

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:31 am

@mikey looks like Bell has an interest in playing with Luck.

mikey

NFL

Postby mikey » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:54 am

Love to have him. Outstanding RB.

willeyeam

NFL

Postby willeyeam » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:01 am

Take him

mikey

NFL

Postby mikey » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:17 am

Not that Marlon Mack and Hines are playing poorly...but Bell is a gamebreaking talent...that takes a lot of pressure off Deon Cain returning next year (he was basically a redshirt freshman this year...or another potential WR2) to have those hands coming out of the back field. We're a wagon on offense with Bell...then our front 7 is looking good on defense too...

slappybrown

NFL

Postby slappybrown » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:41 am

Not that Marlon Mack and Hines are playing poorly...but Bell is a gamebreaking talent...that takes a lot of pressure off Deon Cain returning next year (he was basically a redshirt freshman this year...or another potential WR2) to have those hands coming out of the back field. We're a wagon on offense with Bell...then our front 7 is looking good on defense too...
A 27 year-old RB @ 16mm per with ~$65mm guaranteed worth of value (I certainly have no idea if you guys are flush with cap space, so maybe no issue cap-wise)?

Dickie Dunn

NFL

Postby Dickie Dunn » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:48 am

A 27 year-old RB @ 16mm per with ~$65mm guaranteed worth of value (I certainly have no idea if you guys are flush with cap space, so maybe no issue cap-wise)?
2018 Cap Space: $49,876,255
Current 2019: $124,408,366

That should be enough.

Dickie Dunn

NFL

Postby Dickie Dunn » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:52 am

slappybrown

NFL

Postby slappybrown » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:57 am

That should be enough.
Given that I vaguely recall seeing a headline of "Colts O-line now not single-handedly putting Andrew Luck's wellbeing at risk; is competent" his seems like an ideal landing spot for him. Hopefully Gruden does something dumb like give him 20mm per instead.

shafnutz05

NFL

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:13 pm

There are several teams that are having great seasons that I am just not sure what to think of.

San Diego - They have taken care of the cupcakes on their schedule, and their signature win is probably @Seattle. I don't have any faith in Marmalard leading them into a deep run.

Houston - Despite how well their defense has played, their offense is not playing consistently enough to take them deep into the playoffs IMO.

Chicago - This is an intriguing one--their defense is lights out. All going to come down to how well Trubisky plays because they most certainly have the weapons on offense.

There is a sea of mediocrity at 6-5. I still think the Eagles win that division.

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

NFL

Postby LITT » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:22 pm

and joey bosa is back

willeyeam

NFL

Postby willeyeam » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:24 pm

i did this exercise last year and it was fun. who can actually win the superb owl? imo:

pats
chiefs (not 100% sold yet tbh with that D and their historically fast starts)
steelers

NO
Rams

thats it i think. thats the list.. there may be better teams than those listed - LAC, texans or bears maybe, but they ain't winning the big one

CBear3

NFL

Postby CBear3 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:24 pm

There are several teams that are having great seasons that I am just not sure what to think of.

San Diego - They have taken care of the cupcakes on their schedule, and their signature win is probably @Seattle. I don't have any faith in Marmalard leading them into a deep run.

Houston - Despite how well their defense has played, their offense is not playing consistently enough to take them deep into the playoffs IMO.

Chicago - This is an intriguing one--their defense is lights out. All going to come down to how well Trubisky plays because they most certainly have the weapons on offense.

There is a sea of mediocrity at 6-5. I still think the Eagles win that division.
San Diego - How hurt is Melvin Gordon? They're likely to wind up in a Wild Card game, second round either in Pittsburgh, KC or Foxborough. Of the options, I only see them getting past KC as it would be the third time they'd played.

Orlando Penguin

NFL

Postby Orlando Penguin » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:39 pm

Bears 3 losses have been at the Packers when they yakked a 20-0 lead, at the Dolphins when they couldn't stop simple 2-yard passes from turning into 70-yard TDs (and when Nagy turtled up thinking Parkey could hit a 50-yard FG rather than getting closer in OT), and home vs the Patriots when they had a pair of special teams breakdown (and yet, was 1 yard away on a Hail Mary from going to OT). The defense is the great equalizer like it was in the mid-2000s when they were making it to the playoffs on a regular basis. But on those days when the defense sputters a bit (see, the 3 losses), I don't know if Trubisky is quite there yet to grab the team and carry them over the line. They get the Rams in Week 14 at home so that'll be a good measuring stick for them. But first, gotta get the Giants on the road...so I am nowhere close to figuring out how to spend that +750 ticket I have on them.

mikey

NFL

Postby mikey » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:16 pm

That should be enough.
Given that I vaguely recall seeing a headline of "Colts O-line now not single-handedly putting Andrew Luck's wellbeing at risk; is competent" his seems like an ideal landing spot for him. Hopefully Gruden does something dumb like give him 20mm per instead.
Colts o-line is decent. No sacks on Andrew since like the opening drive of week 5 I think...

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

NFL

Postby iamjs » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:47 pm

Did this game completely break the Yahoo Fantasy app? Some bizarre things going on with scores, results, etc.
left Goff on my bench last night.

Luckily I had Brees going, so it was only 4 pts that I lost out on.
Jfc trade one of those two
Had him dangling since week 5. Was requesting a starting RB. Not even an elite one, just one that would accumulate more points than the jabroni from the Jets that is currently my RB2.

Offers included:
Leveon Bell, which was a week before it was announced he wouldn't be back. I rejected it as soon as it hit my inbox.
Marshawn Lynch was discussed the weekend of week 5, which I almost took. Told the dude trading to let me hold onto Goff for another week since I needed a QB for Brees' bye week. Lynch gets injured that weekend, deal is off. I'm kinda glad that one didn't happen since it involves the team in 3rd place and is only back that far because their QB has been bad this year.
Devontae Freeman was offered around the same time as Bell with the logic "but you can have him for the end of the season." I told them there was no guarantee he was even coming back and that week 15 was his earliest he was eligible to return, so why would I dump a high QB1 for a RB that has a huge ? over his season right now. A few days later, he dumps him and of course I pick him up. :lol:

So yeah, I'm kinda scrapheaping on RBs right now. Murray was able to get me through weeks 6-10 and Crowell's 200+ yard game helped me out some since it's a non head-to-head league, but I'm grabbing any type of garbage off of the waiver wire at this point.

tifosi77

NFL

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:34 pm

2018 has been a tough year for Reuben Foster. Thrice arrested, waived by the 49ers..... but alas, the magical Washington DC Racialslurs await.

skullman80

NFL

Postby skullman80 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:21 pm

Gotta get rid of my foster jersey. What a dick.

shafnutz05

NFL

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:37 pm

Just checked the Cowboys Saints score... Wow. I'll just chalk that up to Thursday night tomfoolery

blackjack68

NFL

Postby blackjack68 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:39 pm

Any given Thursday.

Orlando Penguin

NFL

Postby Orlando Penguin » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:56 am

Just checked the Cowboys Saints score... Wow. I'll just chalk that up to Thursday night tomfoolery
Except both teams had a full week to prepare since they both played on Thanksgiving. Cowboys game plan was perfect -- keep the ball as long as possible and blitz Brees relentlessly up the middle in his face. Saints also got stuffed on a 4th and goal from the 3 in the first half because they decided to run Kamara inside rather than doing it with the bigger Ingram.

That wasn't the only Payton f-up. He used both his challenges in the first half and so he couldn't challenge an obvious missed spot on a Beasley catch on 3rd and 9 that came up a yard short in the 4th quarter. Then with 2:08 left and holding a timeout, Payton takes the timeout after the first play at 2:03 instead of letting it run down to the 2-minute warning. Dallas decides that they have a free passing play since the clock will stop anyway and goes for the end zone. They get the defensive PI and that's the ballgame. If Payton lets it run down to 2:00 and then takes the timeout on the play after that, the Saints likely get the ball back down 6 (or 3 with a missed FG) and about 1:00 left on the clock.

tifosi77

NFL

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:09 am

That timeout was so baffling I wondered if a player called it. All the more confounding as the freebie play resulted in a DPI call that more or less ended the game.

Also, strictly speaking, it looked like Dak called the final snap and took the knee early. Based on the initial whistle, the play clock was 1-1.5 sec ahead of the game clock. Then after 10 sec or so they magically switched.