NFL

mikey

NFL

Postby mikey » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:05 pm

He is a bad player.

dodint

NFL

Postby dodint » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:47 pm

Madden was harping on this today. Only interesting tidbit was that Kaep is still allegedly shopping himself at $9m a year.

You could say he is actually leveraging his stupid situation to get overpaid. What GM would attempt to discount a SJW like him.

shafnutz05

NFL

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:54 pm

Madden was harping on this today. Only interesting tidbit was that Kaep is still allegedly shopping himself at $9m a year.

You could say he is actually leveraging his stupid situation to get overpaid. What GM would attempt to discount a SJW like him.
I don't agree that Kaep needs to "sacrifice his beliefs" to play again, but at some point, you need to tone it down a bit if you realistically want to be employed again. That means, shaving your stupid Afro, sucking it up and standing for the anthem, etc. He isn't good enough to warrant the primadonna treatment.

mikey

NFL

Postby mikey » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:14 pm

I know the political/racial angle is hot fire right now...but has anyone seen this guy play QB? This Bruno Mars backup dancer with a ten cent head is just a mess back there...

Staggy

NFL

Postby Staggy » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:44 pm

He's certainly better than just about every backup QB in the league, as well as a handful of starters.

tjand72

NFL

Postby tjand72 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:52 pm

He's certainly better than just about every backup QB in the league, as well as a handful of starters.
Yep.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

NFL

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:59 pm

mikey

NFL

Postby mikey » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:09 pm

Just at a passing glance, scanning depth charts by team...

He might start on the following teams:
NYJ (who already have 4 QBs on the roster, including two that they have used draft picks on (2nd and 4th) in the last three years.)
Hou? (But they just used a 1st round pick on a similarly meh QB)
Chi? (Just used a 1st on a QB...and I'm not even completely sold he could beat out Glennon if he progressed at all in the last couple of years)
StL (But they just used a 1st overall pick on a QB in '16)
SF (heh)

In terms of backups, I'd take my chances (all things considered, minus politics) on: Garoppolo (NE), Mallett (Bal, though that's a reach), Kizer (Cle), Lynch (Den), Kelly (Den), Kaaya (Det), Bradford (Min)...over CK

So he did better than I thought...the one team that could reasonably start him is the one that got rid of him in the first place...so he ranks about as high in the league among QBs as he does in merch sales...I guess that makes sense...

Dickie Dunn

NFL

Postby Dickie Dunn » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:19 am

No way he's starting over The Savage. Don't be salty because you sold your soul to Chas Dodd and Gary Nova.

Troy Loney

NFL

Postby Troy Loney » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:26 am

I assume a lot of his not having a job is the disconnect between asking price and actual value. So while that part of shad's post has merit, that he needs get a haircut is ridiculous.

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

NFL

Postby LITT » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:59 am

MJD got big

mikey

NFL

Postby mikey » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:09 am

No way he's starting over The Savage. Don't be salty because you sold your soul to Chas Dodd and Gary Nova.
I am still unbelievably salty about that...the only silver lining is that it made me hate Mike Teel slightly less...

Staggy

NFL

Postby Staggy » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:13 am

I assume a lot of his not having a job is the disconnect between asking price and actual value. So while that part of shad's post has merit, that he needs get a haircut is ridiculous.
The report that he wanted $9 million was from March and was refuted the next day. There hasn't been anything about his demands since, probably because only a couple of teams have contacted him. The Raven coach and GM both wanted to sign him, but the owner needs to talk to fans and pray first.

I don't particularly care if a bunch of rich old white men don't want to sign him because he had the audacity to kneel during the national anthem and his "stupid Afro," but football reasons are clearly nothing more than secondary or tertiary.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

NFL

Postby NailedPenguin » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:15 am

Tann-y-hill just went down with a leg injury. Ravens ownership's seat cools a bit as people have turned their attention to Kaep to Miami
Last edited by NailedPenguin on Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

dodint

NFL

Postby dodint » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:28 am

Baltimore is a weird team to be looking at him anyway. Other than maybe San Diego is there any 50 mile area with more military/governmnet influence than Baltimore/DC?

Lemon Berry Lobster

NFL

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:33 am

Baltimore is a weird team to be looking at him anyway. Other than maybe San Diego is there any 50 mile area with more military/governmnet influence than Baltimore/DC?
Especially since Freddie Grey's death happened in Baltimore.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

NFL

Postby NailedPenguin » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:56 am

Miami would be perfect then for Castro's biggest fan

skullman80

NFL

Postby skullman80 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:01 am

As a 49ers fan... Kaep isn't getting signed because he just isn't very good now. He was never great, but for a few years he had a great team around him and they ran the perfect system to fit his abilities. He's never going to be a drop back QB.. ever. He has one throw speed.. a million miles an hour. He has no touch, his pocket awaremess is average at best, and he can't go through progression to save his life. The team around him the last few years was a dumpster fire, but he is not starting QB material at this point in his career IMO. I base that strictly on his football abilities.. I couldn't care less about the anthem stuff. It's meaningless to me. As a football player the league was able to figure him out and he hasn't adapted to get better.

mikey

NFL

Postby mikey » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:02 am

Baltimore kind of has a little history of keeping a mobile backup QB around, no? Taylor, Wright, Smith, I feel like I'm missing one in recent years...could be just an organizational football thing...

Someone mentioned that his play on the field is tertiary to the decision making process here...and I agree...football seems to be his least useful trait...that ~1 TD pass per game pace is almost Mark Sanchez good...

EDIT: About time skullman, I knew someone was a 49ers fan here...and you nailed it exactly...

dodint

NFL

Postby dodint » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:05 am

Source of the post I feel like I'm missing one in recent years
Kordell Stewart.

:P

tifosi77

NFL

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:20 pm

Norfolk/Virginia Beach? Hawai'i? Maybe not 'more', but certainly up there. Neither of which would be in play here.

shafnutz05

NFL

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:41 am

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2017/08/0 ... irlfriend/
Colin Kaepernick’s reported girlfriend tweeted out pictures Wednesday that appear to compare Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti and Ray Lewis to a slave owner and slave.

Nessa Diab is a New York City radio DJ and regular on MTV’s Girl Code.

The picture she tweeted shows Lewis with his arms around Bisciotti, along with a picture of Samuel L. Jackson with his arms around Leonardo Dicaprio from the movie “Django Unchained,” in which Dicaprio was a slave owner and Jackson was his house slave.
Why would any NFL team want this crap around? The common sentiment is that Kaep wasn't really into this stuff until he started dating this chick. She is hardcore racist.

tifosi77

NFL

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:51 pm

I would let her be racist all over me if she wanted.

NailedPenguin

NFL

Postby NailedPenguin » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:23 pm

Went out to lunch and on ESPN they were talking about Tannehill going down. The whole segment they are showing Kaepernik highlights and the caption says "Theres been discussion of Colin Kaepernick." I thought, yeah, I'm watching it. Then the very next graphic says "Gase says Matt Moore will start if Tannehill can't play."

Nuge

NFL

Postby Nuge » Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:26 pm

There are a finite number of qb jobs in the world. There are a ton of guys that want those jobs. The owners are clearly in the driver's seat here. If they don't want to deal with a bunch of baggage then why should they have to?