NFL

mikey

NFL

Postby mikey » Fri Jan 05, 2024 6:49 am

Someone else too I think, after Brady was gone...because I think the Patriots made the playoffs since even...

Trip McNeely

NFL

Postby Trip McNeely » Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:00 am

BB was and still is an amazing coach. What he’s not good at is being responsible for constructing a team. Making moves like signing two average tight ends for mega bucks or drafting special teamers in the 4th round or missing on every receiver draftee.

He’s been bad since Brady left because the team is really not good at all. And that’s his fault largely…but he’s still probably coaching them to a better record than their talent level

mikey

NFL

Postby mikey » Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:03 am

That's right. The roster deteriorating 20 years later as use to justify that position doesn't do it for me...

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

NFL

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:21 am

something that’s amazing about Bill is how bad he is at selecting WRs. He really only hit on Edelman, but not sure how much credit he gets since Edelman was taken in the 7th round

CBear3

NFL

Postby CBear3 » Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:29 am

Matt Cassell
Matt Cassell also won 10 games in KC with Todd Hailey as head coach. So I'm not sure what that says.

Also, rookie Mac Jones had 3800 yards in '21 for Bill's sole 10 win team post Brady (posting median QBR and Rating)

robbiestoupe

NFL

Postby robbiestoupe » Fri Jan 05, 2024 6:58 pm

Someone else too I think, after Brady was gone...because I think the Patriots made the playoffs since even...
Which was my point. Belichick is a great coach that can consistently get his team to the playoffs (see Tomlin, Mike). Brady makes him a multi-championship coach

mikey

NFL

Postby mikey » Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:39 pm

Which was my point. Belichick is a great coach that can consistently get his team to the playoffs (see Tomlin, Mike). Brady makes him a multi-championship coach
Except for the first three, of course. Where Brady was brought along by everyone else...

tifosi77

NFL

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:58 pm

The Pats really were kind of bananas. People don't always give recognition to the fact they went 10 years of Brady's career between SB wins, really having two distinct mini-dynasties. They did 3-in-4 (incl a b2b), then an entire decade passed, then another 3-in-4. I think it's fair to say that Bill was the key to the first three, and Tombrady was the difference maker in the second three. That's not a spicy take.

Also, Matt Cassell missed the playoffs.

Ad@m

NFL

Postby Ad@m » Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:24 pm

Did the Patriots make the playoffs with Jimmy G?

tifosi77

NFL

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:37 pm

Playoffs? They won two Superb Owls with him........

......on the roster. They won two with him on the roster. As a quarterback. Who was undefeated as a starter during that time. Twice. By twice, I mean two games. 2-0.

robbiestoupe

NFL

Postby robbiestoupe » Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:20 pm

Wasn’t one of those Cassel years where they went 11-5 and missed the playoffs?

MWB

NFL

Postby MWB » Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:27 pm

Except for the first three, of course. Where Brady was brought along by everyone else...
It’s not like they won in spite of him. There wasn’t a ton of offensive talent around him on those teams.

mikey

NFL

Postby mikey » Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:39 pm

They won the first one in spite of him, but otherwise sure...that wasn't the bar though...

nocera

NFL

Postby nocera » Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:19 pm

Wait so the ref was right?

It’s Jomboy’s breakdown of the Lions 2pt play. And **** the NFL for not allowing embeds.

shafnutz05

NFL

Postby shafnutz05 » Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:53 am

Lol

https://awfulannouncing.com/espn/pat-mc ... otage.html
Speaking at the opening of the streaming-exclusive final hour of The Pat McAfee Show, the host explained why he believes ESPN Head of Event and Studio Production Norby Williamson is trying to take down the show.

“There are folks actively trying to sabotage us from within ESPN,” McAfee said. “More specifically, I believe Norby Williamson is the guy attempting to sabotage our program.”

RonnieFranchise

NFL

Postby RonnieFranchise » Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:59 am

They were clearly trying to create optimal levels of confusion. But if you do that you need to make absolutely sure the ref knows which one is actually eligible. IMO the level of deception they were trying is borderline unsportsmanlike.

I'm not really sure why they wanted to go to that level when the ref actually has to then announce which player was eligible, which, he announced 70 was eligible. So not only do they announce to the opponent who's eligible, at that point they should have gone to the ref and said, NO 68 IS ELIGIBLE NOT 70. Maybe they weren't paying attention or couldn't hear it in a loud away stadium?

70 coming on doing the exact same thing he did when he was actually reporting eligible in the 1st quarter is the most damning evidence.

They confused everyone right out of a win then blamed the ref.

RonnieFranchise

NFL

Postby RonnieFranchise » Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:06 am

Lol

https://awfulannouncing.com/espn/pat-mc ... otage.html
Speaking at the opening of the streaming-exclusive final hour of The Pat McAfee Show, the host explained why he believes ESPN Head of Event and Studio Production Norby Williamson is trying to take down the show.

“There are folks actively trying to sabotage us from within ESPN,” McAfee said. “More specifically, I believe Norby Williamson is the guy attempting to sabotage our program.”
I have friends associated with the Plum Soccer community and know McAfee donates a ton to that area, including around the explosion last year. But dude went for the huge payday and apparently paid zero attention to the track record of how these people operate?

willeyeam

NFL

Postby willeyeam » Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:07 am

Like OP said, if you've been to a game you'd know when a lineman reports eligible they announce it to the whole stadium. So the Lions knew before they snapped the ball that they had 70 as eligible and not 68

MWB

NFL

Postby MWB » Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:16 am

With all of that being true, why was the crew downgraded? Did it have nothing to do with that play?

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

NFL

Postby count2infinity » Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:20 am

The Macafee cult reminds me too much of Fox News viewers. I’m not saying that Pat is political in any way, but the fan base just has that Tucker Carlson vibe to it that I don’t like…

Pavel Bure

NFL

Postby Pavel Bure » Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:47 am

The Macafee cult reminds me too much of Fox News viewers. I’m not saying that Pat is political in any way, but the fan base just has that Tucker Carlson vibe to it that I don’t like…
I to saw the Reddit post. It’s a stupid take. He’s a **** that is entertaining in small doses. Anyone that mainlines him or takes him overly series needs to look in the mirror.

Unfortunately Aaron Rodgers is a POS and just can’t help but make it about him.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

NFL

Postby count2infinity » Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:51 am

I have coworkers that watch/listen to him religiously… it’s odd to me. I remember a photo of people watching Tucker on their phone at a hockey game. Same vibes.

DigitalGypsy66

NFL

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:16 am

Why am I just now learning Watson's nickname is Groper Cleveland? :lol:

tifosi77

NFL

Postby tifosi77 » Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:05 pm

70 coming on doing the exact same thing he did when he was actually reporting eligible in the 1st quarter is the most damning evidence.
Jomboy is being Mr Screenshot Guy

To me, that 'same thing' looks like 70 is buckling his chin strap as he comes into the game. For the reporting part, the earlier clip shows he actually chased the official down and was very demonstrative speaking to him from two feet directly in his face, something he notably does not do on the 2-pt play..... but 68 does. Ultimately just look at the play and how it was run. 70 did not report.

I don't have any YouTube clips handy, but most of the offensive lineman I've heard talk about the play have made a point that there's nothing really untoward about what DET did or the way they did it. (Like having multiple lineman around the ref when only one can report, esp in that sort of game context.*) They hadn't even broken the huddle when the ref made the stadium announcement, they're listening to the play call not the PA system.

The ref got confused by a player that had been reporting all game; he was the jumbo extra 'TE' all game long, DET switched it up with a W on the line, which I think is exactly the point of the design, and the ref got out over his skis.

DET did what they were supposed to do, in a way that's common to the game, and now they're getting roasted for not also making sure the refs did their job.

* Deflategate actually had its roots in NE employing similar gamesmanship in substitutions/formations v BAL which they were not getting penalized for, much to Harbaugh's animated annoyance. That lead to the Ravens alerting IND about Brady's squishy balls as a sort of cumuppance.

tifosi77

NFL

Postby tifosi77 » Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:14 pm

I to saw the Reddit post. It’s a stupid take. He’s a **** that is entertaining in small doses. Anyone that mainlines him or takes him overly series needs to look in the mirror.

Unfortunately Aaron Rodgers is a POS and just can’t help but make it about him.
I'm mostly just s**t talking here but....... calling out an ESPN exec..... Kimmel is at ABC........ both 'co-workers' in the same corporate family, both incidents happening roughly at the same time. McAffee and the Toxic Table doofuses are all pro wrestling fans. Pat has even had a match or two iirc.

It would be so tremendously stupid, but I wouldn't put it past them if these were orchestrated feuds.