NFL

Troy Loney

NFL

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:46 am

As a fellow short guy, I look forward to you all suffering for your crimes in the afterlife

dodint

NFL

Postby dodint » Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:57 am

tifosi77

NFL

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Oct 13, 2023 12:43 pm

Just like a day or so ago there was a prolonged back-and-forth in another thread about everyone's height-weight. Poor edward confessed he has to be tethered to his wife by a leash so he doesn't get blown over by gusts of wind.

'Digital cojones', indeed...........

dodint

NFL

Postby dodint » Fri Oct 13, 2023 12:46 pm

The thing I love about that is eddy is the one running around his neighborhood picking fights. :lol:

NTP66

NFL

Postby NTP66 » Fri Oct 13, 2023 1:18 pm

eddy is the best of us.

Pavel Bure

NFL

Postby Pavel Bure » Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:12 pm

You think being tall is easy?! Do you know how many things I’ve hit my head off of?! Do you realize the additional head trauma us giants have to deal with?!

Be sure to attach your response to a carrier pigeon so the message can get high enough to reach me.

NTP66

NFL

Postby NTP66 » Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:15 pm

You have to eventually learn to duck going through certain doorways.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

NFL

Postby count2infinity » Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:15 pm

As a fellow tall man, may I suggest ducking?

Orlando Penguin

NFL

Postby Orlando Penguin » Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:16 pm

Not to mention how good you tall people are at weather observations.

tifosi77

NFL

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:44 pm

The vent hood in our kitchen is like one hand width too low, so I'm always donking my head off the corner.

nocera

NFL

Postby nocera » Fri Oct 13, 2023 3:21 pm

The worst part about being tall is how everybody **** hates you at concerts. But then again, I can see the stage fairly well so it's not that bad.

Sam's Drunk Dog

NFL

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog » Fri Oct 13, 2023 3:22 pm

You giants also have to deal with the constant nose bleeds and impaired thinking from the thin atmosphere surrounding your noggin.

NTP66

NFL

Postby NTP66 » Fri Oct 13, 2023 3:26 pm

Shut up, midget

Kaiser

NFL

Postby Kaiser » Fri Oct 13, 2023 3:31 pm

You all have problems. 5'9" ectomorphs are the real alphas.

Morkle

NFL

Postby Morkle » Fri Oct 13, 2023 5:14 pm

Bros, fitting in seats issues, cars, bikes, planes. I’ve never sat comfortably in the past decade plus because my knees hit everything.

That all being said. I was never making fun of MIMH to begin with. SS Sr. Can eat butt mud.

MWB

NFL

Postby MWB » Fri Oct 13, 2023 5:32 pm

Not to mention how good you tall people are at weather observations.
And basketball.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

NFL

Postby count2infinity » Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:25 pm

I can’t believe we live in a society where being tall automatically means you’re good at basketball. It sickens me.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

NFL

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:37 pm

Yes… it sucks when people make fun of you and you take offense to all of it. We get it.
so I’m gonna get a little vulnerable here but I hope you guys take a little time to understand what pushed me to respond in the way that I did
it’s always hard to have these types of conversations because often times it gets shrugged off as “not a big deal”. I mean, look at you’re response…”you take offense to all of it”.

Honest question: if someone made a racist or sexist or sexual orientation comment on here and someone who fell under the aggrieved demographic took offense, would you shrug it off in the same way? I’d guess not

I admit I’m a little oversensitive to short jokes at times. I guess it depends on the particular context. But for whatever reason, society has deemed that short jokes are open season and that no quarter need to be given when a short guy takes offense. That honestly is what upsets me the most.

Similar to my “racism against white people isn’t ok” take, I’m not saying that short people have it as bad as other groups by any means. But if it means anything, it sucks to hear constant remarks and jokes about how “short men aren’t real men” or that they’re lesser or whatever. And I assure you, I hear this **** enough for it to get to me…either comments made to me directly or just in the general public

But also, the worst part is how taking issue with short jokes is not met with empathy and compassion, but “why are you so sensitive?”. Like how the idea that short guys have shorter fuses is so prevalent but demonstrably false (like I posted about before) yet it doesn’t matter…everyone, not even the ignorant shitheads you’d expect this from but the people who wouldn’t be caught dead making comments like “classic black guy syndrome” (which is of course terribly racist) has no issue shitting on short guys…

idk, it’s discouraging. It definitely took me a while to build up the self-confidence to “be ok” with it. But then my 4 year old nephew, who of course has my family’s genes, gets called “baby” by other 4-5 year olds and is naturally sensitive to it…it kills me seeing that he’ll probably spend a lot of his formative years dealing with the same bullshit

We have an progressing society but yet everyone still kind of picks and chooses on when it’s ok to be shitty to some people. For some reason, short men in particular drew the, pardon the pun, short straw, and have to deal with some pretty weird and demeaning comments and yet are made fun of even further when they try to call out how shitty those comments are. It’s depressing

it’s hard to convey exactly how I feel over this forum, especially because I’m two glasses of wine in, but yeah. Hopefully this helps

Pavel Bure

NFL

Postby Pavel Bure » Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:51 pm

No worries man. It’s triggering to you and that’s not something you can turn off. That’s not something that is your fault or you should feel bad about. There is a realization that a “short joke” doesn’t rise to the level of racism or sexism but it still makes you feel some sort of way. That’s okay.

Edit: You also seem mature enough to handle it properly. As for a younger family member, set the example. Height doesn’t mean you’re less of anything. Tell and show your younger family that.

Morkle

NFL

Postby Morkle » Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:53 pm

Yea a short joke is nowhere near to the severity listed in some of that, but I understand where you’re coming from at least.

count2infinity

NFL

Postby count2infinity » Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:55 pm

Mimh… are you an only child?

robbiestoupe

NFL

Postby robbiestoupe » Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:12 pm

I get you mimh. I feel the same way about fat jokes. I’m not fat but I have people very close to me that are. We have very similar eating habits, but one guy gets fat over it and I stay normal.

People tend to think being fat is a choice but it isn’t always the case. And even if it is somewhat a personal choice, it may be based off mental issues not seen to the lay person.

Being short is obviously not a choice at all, so picking on short people to me can be a risky subject if you don’t know the person well enough.

Kicksave

NFL

Postby Kicksave » Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:13 pm

I gotta hand it to you Mihm, and not only because you’re not tall enough to reach it.

malkintent

NFL

Postby malkintent » Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:13 pm

Yes… it sucks when people make fun of you and you take offense to all of it. We get it.
so I’m gonna get a little vulnerable here but I hope you guys take a little time to understand what pushed me to respond in the way that I did
it’s always hard to have these types of conversations because often times it gets shrugged off as “not a big deal”. I mean, look at you’re response…”you take offense to all of it”.

Honest question: if someone made a racist or sexist or sexual orientation comment on here and someone who fell under the aggrieved demographic took offense, would you shrug it off in the same way? I’d guess not

I admit I’m a little oversensitive to short jokes at times. I guess it depends on the particular context. But for whatever reason, society has deemed that short jokes are open season and that no quarter need to be given when a short guy takes offense. That honestly is what upsets me the most.

Similar to my “racism against white people isn’t ok” take, I’m not saying that short people have it as bad as other groups by any means. But if it means anything, it sucks to hear constant remarks and jokes about how “short men aren’t real men” or that they’re lesser or whatever. And I assure you, I hear this **** enough for it to get to me…either comments made to me directly or just in the general public

But also, the worst part is how taking issue with short jokes is not met with empathy and compassion, but “why are you so sensitive?”. Like how the idea that short guys have shorter fuses is so prevalent but demonstrably false (like I posted about before) yet it doesn’t matter…everyone, not even the ignorant shitheads you’d expect this from but the people who wouldn’t be caught dead making comments like “classic black guy syndrome” (which is of course terribly racist) has no issue shitting on short guys…

idk, it’s discouraging. It definitely took me a while to build up the self-confidence to “be ok” with it. But then my 4 year old nephew, who of course has my family’s genes, gets called “baby” by other 4-5 year olds and is naturally sensitive to it…it kills me seeing that he’ll probably spend a lot of his formative years dealing with the same bullshit

We have an progressing society but yet everyone still kind of picks and chooses on when it’s ok to be shitty to some people. For some reason, short men in particular drew the, pardon the pun, short straw, and have to deal with some pretty weird and demeaning comments and yet are made fun of even further when they try to call out how shitty those comments are. It’s depressing

it’s hard to convey exactly how I feel over this forum, especially because I’m two glasses of wine in, but yeah. Hopefully this helps
If I printed this post out, would it be taller than you (ref: arial, 12pt, standard margins, no funky double spacing after periods either)?

Troy Loney

NFL

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:19 pm

Figuratively