Video Games

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:24 pm

I don't think I've played a new AC game since the pirate one, which is my favorite. Do they handle the modern day stuff any better in Odyssey? That has always been the weak link in the games imo.

There hasn't been any modern day stuff really in the first 8-10 hours I've played.

DigitalGypsy66

Video Games

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:49 pm

Uncharted series is the PS Plus freebie this month. I guess I should probably check those out at that price.

Vance Zampella of Respawn - maker of Titanfall, Apex Legends, and Jedi Fallen Order - is heading over to head up DICE Los Angeles for a new IP. They will probably rebrand to get out from the DICE name as well.

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:13 pm

Anyone here have the Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas One for X-Box? I'm procrastinating buying one before some new design comes out.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:24 pm

The...what...

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:26 pm

It's a flight stick.

tifosi77

Video Games

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:48 pm

Uncharted series is the PS Plus freebie this month. I guess I should probably check those out at that price.
I'm in the midst of a replay of the series; finished Drake's Fortune and Among Thieves, and I'm about 9 or 10 hours into Drake's Deception now. The remasters look absolutely incredible on PS4, and it's hard to believe that the first game was something of a PS3 launch title.

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:54 pm

I'm in the midst of a replay of the series; finished Drake's Fortune and Among Thieves, and I'm about 9 or 10 hours into Drake's Deception now. The remasters look absolutely incredible on PS4, and it's hard to believe that the first game was something of a PS3 launch title.
Naughty Dog was one of the few studios that really knew how to harness the PS3's power.

Morkle

Video Games

Postby Morkle » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:13 pm

must download, imo.

shafnutz05

Video Games

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:43 am

I am about 10 hours into Breath of the Wild (much of which just spent roaming around). I've played a lot of games in my life, but I am absolutely blown away by this one. Visually, it is the most beautiful game I have ever played. The massive world, scenery, dynamic weather, etc. are just perfectly done. The villages convey a peaceful, pastoral vibe that actually relaxes you. The game play (shrines, fighting, etc) are great. Yes, the weapon system is a challenge, but I've actually enjoyed it and I like that it is more realistic. It makes finding new weapons all the more rewarding.

Hyrule has never been so incredible.

Viva la Ben

Video Games

Postby Viva la Ben » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:38 pm

Anyone here have the Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas One for X-Box? I'm procrastinating buying one before some new design comes out.
Several of my friends use it as it’s really the only HOTAS fully workable with ED...They last around 6 months if you are a sweaty boy. There are some YouTube videos about fixing and maintenance.

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:21 pm

Yeah, my hands don't sweat (wtflol) so I think I'm good. I'll just bite the bullet on this and get it now.

Spangler
Location: Spangler the t-shirt; Spangler the lunchbox; Spangler the flamethrower!

Video Games

Postby Spangler » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:05 pm

Naughty Dog was one of the few studios that really knew how to harness the PS3's power.
Naughty Dog, Santa Monica, and Kojima's team, are three studios that come to mind when it comes to showing the PS3's potential.

Say what you want about Hideo Kojima, but he's really good at pushing a console's limit.

tifosi77

Video Games

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:24 pm

Worth noting that ND and SM are Sony-owned, and Kojima was Sony exclusive during the Konami years.

tjand72

Video Games

Postby tjand72 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:15 pm

Can anyone recommend a USB NES controller for an emulator? I've heard that the D-pads can be a crapshoot in terms of responsiveness and accuracy.

NAN

Video Games

Postby NAN » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:56 am

Finished the Turtle Rock dungeon (Level 8) on Link's Awakening. Just picking up a few shells and heart pieces before I go wake up the windfish. It's been a great game.

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:37 am

I am about 10 hours into Breath of the Wild (much of which just spent roaming around). I've played a lot of games in my life, but I am absolutely blown away by this one. Visually, it is the most beautiful game I have ever played. The massive world, scenery, dynamic weather, etc. are just perfectly done. The villages convey a peaceful, pastoral vibe that actually relaxes you. The game play (shrines, fighting, etc) are great. Yes, the weapon system is a challenge, but I've actually enjoyed it and I like that it is more realistic. It makes finding new weapons all the more rewarding.

Hyrule has never been so incredible.
I fear I've done something terrible with this game. When it first came out, I got it for Wii U and played it a lot. I loved everything about it. The entire family loved sitting around together and playing it and figuring out everything, it was just so much fun. It pretty much consumed our lives for months (which was great). It was so good that it was one of the few games where I actually wanted to try and complete everything I could before I actually beat the game and that's where the problem came in. I have all 4 divine beasts beat and ready for Gannon, but switch came out and other **** and I haven't been able to get back into it and its like learning to play all over again.

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:39 am

Can anyone recommend a USB NES controller for an emulator? I've heard that the D-pads can be a crapshoot in terms of responsiveness and accuracy.
do the 8bitdo work for emulators? I think those are supposed to be good.

Kane

Video Games

Postby Kane » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:33 am

Got a mechanical keyboard for my gaming rig. I love typing on this damn thing. :D

offsides

Video Games

Postby offsides » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:51 pm

Just finished up Outer Worlds. It was OK but I liked my previous game, Borderlands 3 better. Just started Mass Effect Andromeda. Yeah, I like RPG shooters.

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:56 pm

So I've been mostly playing through Nier:Automata the past couple weeks, and I've finished the main story playthrough... still a decent bit to do if I choose in regards to quests and alternate endings (there are apparently 5 "main" endings and 21 "fake"/"bad" endings which occur if you make certain choices/mistakes during the game, or in one case, I chose to ignore an imminent threat for a side quest and got one of those endings).

From a gameplay perspective, although individual sections could get a touch repetitive at times, I certainly have to give this game some credit in the creativity department in the way it provides many different styles of combat/levels throughout the course of the game... one second you are in standard 3rd person 3d, next you are playing a sidescrolling platformer section... overhead... some space shooters... hacking mini games... there is plenty of variety along the way, even if some sections just devolve into smashing buttons to defeat the next wave of machines.

What ultimately makes this game different for me is the story... It would not do the game justice to say there are twists, but yes, there are twists. However, what I did not really anticipate, or maybe even grasp during my playthrough was that the game isn't just trying to swerve you... there is a sort of philosophical question at the root of everything that it is examining throughout.

I had to do some reading/watch some youtube videos after I finished the game because I was kinda scratching my head because I felt like I was missing something...

I guess the best comparison I could give without going into any spoilers is my freshman year of college, I took a General Writing class to fulfill a requirement... however, it turned out to be more of a philosophy class due to the way the professor approached the stories we were reading. In that manner, I was expecting one thing from this game and got something much different in the end.

I was not necessarily happy with how some parts of the story went... but that isn't necessarily indicative of whether something is good or not... I'm still unsure exactly how to feel about the entire experience, but I can say that it was unlike anything else I've played.

I do not regret playing it, but I have a hard time rating it thus far.

DigitalGypsy66

Video Games

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:41 am

I played Ewok Hunt on SWBF2 last night for a few rounds. :lol: I had more fun that I should admit.

genoscoif

Video Games

Postby genoscoif » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:58 am

I picked up Persona 5 for $10. I had played 3 back in the day, and I love how weirdly beautiful these games can be. Have only played a few hours, but I'm already intrigued by the story and characters I've met to this point. Gonna be a weird anime ride for sure.

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:50 pm

Spent some time on BOTW the past few days. Managed to get a few more towers and shrines so I have some more life now...

Biggest annoyance atm is temperature... Everywhere I want to go is too hot or too cold... Perhaps a bit too far on the realism... Especially when it's like **** yer clothes, yer taking dmg anyway!

Oh well.

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:04 pm

Video game logic... One flaming sword = more warmth than clothes. :lol:

The scale of the world and different environments are very impressive... I'm guessing once I get far enough and this crap is no longer an issue I will enjoy it much more.

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:11 am

Kind of annoying that you have to go into the damger zones to actually get gear to protect you from heat and cold, but now that I have those, things are going more smoothly.

Currently in Death Mountain area... Need 4 more shrines before I can go for the Master Sword. I think there are maybe 2 left in that area I haven't hit yet.