Video Games

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:52 am

The desert map is just coming out for PUBG? Yeesh, it has been out for a while on PC. Most of the streamers that play the game prefer the original map, so you may be let down.
Yeah, I know the PC players aren't too big on the map. The good news is that Xbox is getting the updated version (which PC just got fairly recently) so some of the big issues are resolved. Even if it's not great, I'm looking forward to the variety. And hopefully the Savage map is next on the list for Xbox. More than anything, I hope the test servers helps speed up the optimization of the main game. One of my friends in our squad crashes at least once a night and sometimes twice in the same match. The development schedule is definitely lagging behind PC, though PC also had a year head start.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:58 am

The desert map is just coming out for PUBG? Yeesh, it has been out for a while on PC. Most of the streamers that play the game prefer the original map, so you may be let down.
Yeah, I know the PC players aren't too big on the map. The good news is that Xbox is getting the updated version (which PC just got fairly recently) so some of the big issues are resolved. Even if it's not great, I'm looking forward to the variety. And hopefully the Savage map is next on the list for Xbox. More than anything, I hope the test servers helps speed up the optimization of the main game. One of my friends in our squad crashes at least once a night and sometimes twice in the same match. The development schedule is definitely lagging behind PC, though PC also had a year head start.
I'd imagine that PC has a larger user base so more priority is given to the PC version. I've seen the map and it is difficult to make out anything in the bland sand background On PC. I'd be interested to see how it looks on the Xbox. I know optimization was a real sticking point on PC about 6 months back and haven't kept up with how it has progressed.

Morkle

Video Games

Postby Morkle » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:29 am

Beat the first region of Far Cry 5 last night. I am burned out on it, and likely won't finish/beat the game.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:41 am

Watched the final boss fight of the new God of War last night. Bah Gawd is that game beautiful. The cut scenes transition in right from gameplay so there is no down time and loading screens. Unless Red Dead 2 is nothing short of perfect GoW is easily GOTY.

NAN

Video Games

Postby NAN » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:44 am

Now that our master bedroom reno is complete, I was able to turn one of the spare rooms into a home office/gaming room. It's so nice to walk in and see all my old consoles hooked up and ready to play at a moments notice.

Once I finished setting it all up last night, I popped in the Super Mario 64 cartridge and went to town on it.
This is going to be my office in a few years when the kids are done using it as a playroom.

Silentom

Video Games

Postby Silentom » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:50 am

Now that our master bedroom reno is complete, I was able to turn one of the spare rooms into a home office/gaming room. It's so nice to walk in and see all my old consoles hooked up and ready to play at a moments notice.

Once I finished setting it all up last night, I popped in the Super Mario 64 cartridge and went to town on it.
This is going to be my office in a few years when the kids are done using it as a playroom.
Nice. Everyone needs a room to get away from it all in, lol.

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:54 am

GoW should be arriving tomorrow. Just in time to sit till Friday cuz Pens.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:57 am

Nice. Everyone needs a room to get away from it all in, lol.
That is my entire apartment :twisted:

Silentom

Video Games

Postby Silentom » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:27 pm

dodint

Video Games

Postby dodint » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:28 pm

Only one monitor? Please.

Also, not a game.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:32 pm

What is up with that chair?

Spangler
Location: Spangler the t-shirt; Spangler the lunchbox; Spangler the flamethrower!

Video Games

Postby Spangler » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:16 pm

I finished 3rd in Fortnite last night in unusual fashion. During the last couple zone changes, with 12 people left, I snuck around in a bush, Metal Gear Solid style. The final zones happened to be in a rural area, and I parked myself near a hill, and then by some trees, while a bunch of people were in a shootout.

One guy literally ran right through me, trying to run from the storm and gunfire from somebody else. I shot him from behind right when he realized what happened. Unfortunately, I was caught in the storm and lost half of my health trying to bring him down. The winner took advantage of that.

I was badly out-gunned anyway, which lead to my stealth approach to begin with.

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

Video Games

Postby LITT » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:44 pm

love when you get a bush when all you have is a green AR

tifosi77

Video Games

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:36 pm

Beat the first region of Far Cry 5 last night. I am burned out on it, and likely won't finish/beat the game.
Did you do John, Jacob, or Faith first?

I'm down to the final story mission (kill Joseph). But I'm just running around Montana completing side missions, and might do Outpost Master, before finishing things off.

Morkle

Video Games

Postby Morkle » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:43 am

I'm down to the final story mission (kill Joseph). But I'm just running around Montana completing side missions, and might do Outpost Master, before finishing things off.
The YES guy first. I started Faith last night but was totally meh on it.

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:01 am

God of War arrived yesterday. Didnt get to play due to the game, but did get the updates installed so hoping to take the plunge tonight.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:03 am

Warning, you probably won't want to stop playing. Be sure to get your responsibles taken care of.

tifosi77

Video Games

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:15 pm

The YES guy first. I started Faith last night but was totally meh on it.
That's the same way I went. This is certainly the weirdest Far Cry game since the first one. After the progression in quality from 3 to 4, and the promise of such a crazy concept, my expectations were sky high. And the game is just so uninteresting.

Morkle

Video Games

Postby Morkle » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:42 pm

Yea, it's cool from a US perspective, but this game doesn't do a good job of explaining everything. I basically like doing the prepper and outpost things.

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:08 am

Ya, God of War is pretty damn awesome.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:02 am

:thumb: I think there is 20+ hours of gameplay

Spangler
Location: Spangler the t-shirt; Spangler the lunchbox; Spangler the flamethrower!

Video Games

Postby Spangler » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:38 pm

God of War looks like a Metroidvania with rpg elements, which is my jam.

Went to a Target the other day, and it was completely sold out of copies.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Tue May 01, 2018 7:11 am

Fortnite season 4 dropped today.
RIP Dusty Depot, hello Dusty Divot

willeyeam

Video Games

Postby willeyeam » Tue May 01, 2018 7:33 am

And Risky Reels. I'm assuming there have been some other changes to the unnamed places as well

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Tue May 01, 2018 7:37 am

I only caught about 5 to 10 minutes of a stream this morning. Wanted to see what was new. The one streamer said tilted got a small change. Probably some other changes like loot spawns, chest locations, etc.
The new anti-gravity crystals look cool. Interested to see how they are.