Video Games

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:00 pm

I think I'm paying $9.99 per month, but I didn't think it let me download games. Is that something?

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:01 pm

Hmm. It's probably Gold but you should be able to download the Games with Gold games. I added more info to my post about it.

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:05 pm

ok, it does say I have gold. I'll try again. Can you download the 360 games to your xbox one?

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:35 pm

ok, it does say I have gold. I'll try again. Can you download the 360 games to your xbox one?
Every 360 games that's part of Games with Gold is backward compatible, so yes for those. You can find the full list of backward compatible games here: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/bac ... patibility

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:16 pm

got it working, thanks for the help.

Viva la Ben

Video Games

Postby Viva la Ben » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:26 pm

You can usually find the Xbox live gold on sale for around $40 a year at various times. You can stack up to 2 years in advance.

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:26 pm

Nice, I'll keep an eye out. So I just got Epic Mickey as it is the gold game for August. Can I still play that after August or does it go away?

Viva la Ben

Video Games

Postby Viva la Ben » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:27 pm

As long as you are a gold subscriber, you’ll have access.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:29 pm

And as long as you download it when it is free you should be able to uninstall and reinstall for free at a later date.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:30 pm

Oddly enough, you own any 360 Games with Gold you download. So in that case, you can play Epic Mickey forever even without an active Gold subscription. Xbox One games you can only play if you have an active gold subscription. I have no idea why they have different rules.

shafnutz05

Video Games

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:41 pm

Nice, I'll keep an eye out. So I just got Epic Mickey as it is the gold game for August. Can I still play that after August or does it go away?
My daughter keeps insisting on wanting to play that game, but she is wayyyyy too young to really play it. It's a surprisingly difficult game.

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:50 pm

My daughter keeps insisting on wanting to play that game, but she is wayyyyy too young to really play it. It's a surprisingly difficult game.
My daughter wanted to play it. I don't know much about it. Last Mickey game I remember playing was Castle of Illusion for SEGA

shafnutz05

Video Games

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:57 pm

On another note, the Disneyland game for Xbox One is really fun for her to play. It's basically an exact recreation of Magic Kingdom--you see the characters, do quests, ride the rides, etc. Certainly not going to win awards, but for my wife and daughter that love everything Disney, it's perfect.

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:42 pm

On another note, the Disneyland game for Xbox One is really fun for her to play. It's basically an exact recreation of Magic Kingdom--you see the characters, do quests, ride the rides, etc. Certainly not going to win awards, but for my wife and daughter that love everything Disney, it's perfect.
Almost got this, but went with Zoo Tycoon instead (which she likes), but this is good to know. Thanks

I'm hoping I can reenact my episode at Epcot when I went around the world on beers and got Aladdin out of the picture so I could get the awkward dad pic with Jasmine.

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:51 pm

Getting a Switch for the family for Christmas this year. I preordered Smash bros. and was thinking Mario Odyssey is a must. Any other suggestions for this thing? Controllers? games?
May want to consider a pro controller or two. Mario Kart is a good one for sure.

NAN

Video Games

Postby NAN » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:00 pm

Getting a Switch for the family for Christmas this year. I preordered Smash bros. and was thinking Mario Odyssey is a must. Any other suggestions for this thing? Controllers? games?
Yeah, Mario Odyssey is a must. Zelda Breath of the Wild is on my list (I think you have it on Wii U though).

My nephews have Splatoon 2. That was a lot of fun. If you don't have Mario Kart 8 on the Wii U, get that for the Switch. All the boards and characters are unlocked. But if you have it for Wii U, it's pretty much the same game.

That's all I've pretty much played.

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:10 pm

great thanks, we have the 1st splatoon for Wii U and it's a lot of fun, I'll look into 2. Pro Controller for sure. I see in the UK they have an adapter for multiple gamecube switch controls for smash bros

NAN

Video Games

Postby NAN » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:30 pm

I think there are going to be a few releases too coming out for the Switch that were just announced. I'll have to take a look. I think a Metriod is in the works for next year.

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:32 pm

I'm super fired up for some new Metroid.

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:34 pm

:fist:

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:58 pm

I forget the exact count I stopped on, but passed 600 power moons today. I got the majority of the moons I want to mess with on the "regular" kingdoms.

So now I turned my attention to darkside. The Broodal gauntlet was severely pissing me off, then I found out there is a stem near the pylon leading into the tower that spits out a life up heart if you hold cappy on it (and you can actually return between fights and refresh it... as long as you don't mind the long trip to and from the tower).

So I made it to the roof and thought there was no way I could lose with 6 hearts... and then I proceeded to spectacularly crap the bed. :/

NAN

Video Games

Postby NAN » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:24 am

I forget the exact count I stopped on, but passed 600 power moons today. I got the majority of the moons I want to mess with on the "regular" kingdoms.

So now I turned my attention to darkside. The Broodal gauntlet was severely pissing me off, then I found out there is a stem near the pylon leading into the tower that spits out a life up heart if you hold cappy on it (and you can actually return between fights and refresh it... as long as you don't mind the long trip to and from the tower).

So I made it to the roof and thought there was no way I could lose with 6 hearts... and then I proceeded to spectacularly crap the bed. :/
I just beat them this weekend. I wish I would have known about the lifeup heart there though. I'd fly to a different world and get one. Damn. Honestly though, once you get the rhythem, it's not a bad fight. I'm up to 643 in hearts.

Some of the Dark moon ones are going to be extremely difficult to get. Then you have 14 or so art pieces where you find hidden ones in the other world for the remainder of the Darkside moons. That is actually kind of fun.

Morkle

Video Games

Postby Morkle » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:33 am

Don't know how I feel about Madden 19 yet. The scouting/drafting is roughly the same, which is fine because I didn't mind it. The new progression system is fun though, I actually like that more than boosting awareness to drive overalls.

Gameplay wise though, the whole Corners flying and jumping 15 feet in the air still exist, and I don't like that at all.

Spangler
Location: Spangler the t-shirt; Spangler the lunchbox; Spangler the flamethrower!

Video Games

Postby Spangler » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:28 pm

CD Projekt Red finally released their Cyperpunk 2077 gameplay demo from E3!

NSFW

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:51 pm

I just beat them this weekend. I wish I would have known about the lifeup heart there though. I'd fly to a different world and get one. Damn. Honestly though, once you get the rhythem, it's not a bad fight. I'm up to 643 in hearts.

Some of the Dark moon ones are going to be extremely difficult to get. Then you have 14 or so art pieces where you find hidden ones in the other world for the remainder of the Darkside moons. That is actually kind of fun.
Oh, the failure was all on me. I did stupid **** like getting caught under the falling robot and trying to climb the wrong side and thus missing a chance to attack and so on... I'll get it next time.